I just downloaded the TeamSnap (those of you with kids on sports teams will know this one) from Amazon app store and it appears to work just fine. I have several other Blackberry users on my daughters team and when I told them about this they of course have no idea how to use Amazon app store or that it even exists.

My question is how difficult is it for them to get this approved on Blackberry World? I mean if you read their message I have posted below they appear to want Blackberry 10 users...so while not a lot why not just port it over? They would get many more users and if it is a simple process...

Blackberry 10 Users Can Now Get TeamSnap on Their Devices

by Andrew Berkowitz | Apr 1, 2014 | Category: Announcements, New Features

Share23 Tweet3
    1 0 Email3

Dance, Blackberry 10 users! TeamSnap can now run on your device.

OK, OK, so we�re not Blackberry 10 native yet, but thanks to some shenanigans in the latest Blackberry OS you can easily run our outstanding Android app on your Blackberry 10 device and enjoy all the TeamSnap goodness at the field, rink or court.

Here�s how to set it up in three easy steps:
    1.Download and install the Amazon App Store app. Here�s some help if you have problems.
    2.Open the Amazon App Store app, search for �TeamSnap� and press the Install button.
    3.[Optional] Prepare a recovery beverage, with the proper mix of carbs, protein and fats.

teamsnap blackberry10The Amazon App Store will also help you keep the TeamSnap app updated as we release new versions.

Keep in mind that we don�t offer official support for sideloading our Android app onto Blackberry 10, so not every nook and cranny of the Android app may look or work perfectly on your BB device. But we know that our Blackberry 10 users are a passionate group of supporters, so we wanted to make sure that everyone knew how easy it is get TeamSnap onto your phone.

And keep an eye on the ever-growing list of mobile platforms supported by official and 3rd-party TeamSnap apps. We�re always looking to get TeamSnap onto more devices and are keen to work with any developers who want to partner in bringing TeamSnap to the masses.

Read more at Blackberry 10 Users Can Now Get TeamSnap on Their Devices | TeamSnap Blog
    04-04-14 07:28 AM
    If they have an Android version that functions on BB10, there's no reason they couldn't port it over and make it available in BB World. It could be that they specifically want to create a native BB10 version.
    1REDRUM likes this.
    04-04-14 07:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD