Anybody else notice that transferring files like images via BB link from a Z10 to Windows 8 causes it to crash?

I installed windows 8 the first day it came out, and have never had it crash on me. Ever. Until now.
    03-16-13 05:06 PM
    Why would anyone on this earth ever, ever, even for bone second, think of installing Windows 8?

That's far more one interesting than why it crashed.

Posted via CB10
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    03-16-13 08:21 PM
    bmwbarrister likes this.
    03-16-13 08:30 PM
    Why would anyone on this earth ever, ever, even for bone second, think of installing Windows 8?

That's far more one interesting than why it crashed.

Posted via CB10
    LOL - My thoughts exactly. The only piece of software worse than BB Link - is Windows 8! Seriously though, BB LInk has the same issue in Windows 7...
    03-16-13 08:38 PM
    Happens every-time I plug my Z10 in to my laptop. Never happened once with my dev-alpha, which runs the same OS version. Its really frustrating.
    03-24-13 02:52 PM
    I get random crashes as well. Nothing wrong with windows 8, great OS and even more finely tuned than its predecessor. BlackBerry Link may be the problem. However strangely enough I only get the crashes when using the USB port from my Asus monitor. So I use the ports on my desktop and it goes away. Very strange.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 07:20 PM
    The only time I have had any issues with Win8 it has been when I have by Blackberry plugged in. Love the phone, but I just can't plug it into my PC.

I should elaborate. It doesn't crash, like, IMMEDIATELY. It loads up, fine, I can usually swap files fine, for awhile, but then at some point in the next bit it will crash. Consistently. Even after I have closed BBLink. Not sure if it will still crash after I unplug the Z10... I should test this more thoroughly!

-RG
    cheadlender likes this.
    03-27-13 06:17 PM
    The only time I have had any issues with Win8 it has been when I have by Blackberry plugged in. Love the phone, but I just can't plug it into my PC.

I should elaborate. It doesn't crash, like, IMMEDIATELY. It loads up, fine, I can usually swap files fine, for awhile, but then at some point in the next bit it will crash. Consistently. Even after I have closed BBLink. Not sure if it will still crash after I unplug the Z10... I should test this more thoroughly!

-RG
    Same here but I still adore this phone Lplb

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 07:18 PM
    I've not had this problem.
    03-27-13 07:19 PM
    I've been experiencing this as well. Just got my Z10 and plugged it in yesterday for the first time. Same thing, it manages to connect and sync for a while and then windows crashes. One thing I just tried was turning off wifi on the z10 while it is plugged in with usb and I was able to sync all my music with no issue. I remember the playbook having a similar issue, which is why I thought to try it. Not sure if there is a conflict with trying to connect via wifi and usb simultaneously?
    04-06-13 08:56 AM
    Anybody else notice that transferring files like images via BB link from a Z10 to Windows 8 causes it to crash?

I installed windows 8 the first day it came out, and have never had it crash on me. Ever. Until now.
    Not me. Mine works like a charm.
    04-06-13 09:03 AM

Windows 8 is great. I loved Windows 7, but I am very happy that I upgraded to Windows 8. I customized it with a start button and all is good!

Posted via CB10
    Eskibo likes this.
    04-06-13 10:08 AM
    Windows 8 is great. I loved Windows 7, but I am very happy that I upgraded to Windows 8. I customized it with a start button and all is good!

Posted via CB10
    Agreed

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 02:38 PM
    Loving both Win8 and the BB10 :-) Just not together!

-RG

Posted via CB10
    gregorylkelly likes this.
    04-10-13 12:14 PM

BB Link is Horrible software. A huge fail in BB's part. Just garbage. I uninstalled it.

I have no clue why the hate towards Windows8.
    04-10-13 12:22 PM
    BB Link is Horrible software. A huge fail in BB's part. Just garbage. I uninstalled it.

I have no clue why the hate towards Windows8.
    No idea myself either. I don't even waste my time with the BlackBerry software...........

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 04:45 PM
    I have windows XP and YES...we had crashes here too! So I had to transfer files "OLD school" manually. The link was a total waste of time. I tried it also with my daughters MAC and no crashes, but nothing was working. The link was not finding my Z10 just my 9900
    04-10-13 08:49 PM
    Link is a huge resource hog and the only program on my Windows 8 PC that slows everything to a halt. Not sure how RIM could make such nice software with BB10 and fail so horribly with BlackBerry Link at the same time!

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 06:16 AM
    Link has been updated if I ma not mistaken. Please try the updated version if you still have issues
    05-02-13 04:47 PM
    Got the latest Link version, and this is still happening for me. I can hardly backup my device without this happening. BB needs to fix this yesterday!
    05-25-13 04:38 AM
    I got the blue screen of death every time I plugged in my phone on Windows 8 so I removed Link. Will try it again after Link gets an update.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 05:29 AM
    I'm running Windows 7 64bit, and for me Blackberry Link keeps freezing and gets closed by Windows.

I have a massive collection of music and photography files. I think part of the problem is that Blackberry Link is designed to constantly be displaying thumbnails images of everything, which slows the program down and makes it freeze.

Blackberry please make Blackberry Link run with out the stupid parade of thumbnail images splashed across the screen. It's a waste of time and if someone has a massive collection of files, it slows things down and makes Blackberry Link freeze.
    05-25-13 06:23 AM
    I wasn't so sure that this is BB Link issue, I believe it's windows 8 USB driver issue

My win8 crashes many times when there's some kind of data stream through the USB, it often crashes on me when I'm configuring routers using USB to serial device

And it also crashes on me when I'm reloading my OS using BB link, which in both cases, the log shows about USB events

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 01:18 PM
    I thought I had problem with windows, even contacted Samsung laptop customer care, they told me to reinstall OS 8. But reading here I feel, I m not alone. I face this problem almost every time I backup thru link... I don't face problem with other BlackBerry devices like BlackBerry 9700 & 9780.
    05-25-13 01:30 PM
    I'll have to add my vote for there being a problem.... Have a new Windows 8 machine and from time to time it will crash and reboot after I plug in the USB to my Z10. Not always, and usually not right away.

No problem on an older machine with Windows 7 on it, other than LINK really slows it down. I love the functionality of Link and being able to connect to it remotely. That said I only allow it to run when I need it, it isn't something I'll leave in the background.

I remember having a similar problem with my STORM when Windows 7RC first came out, seems like after a few weeks RIM released an update to Desktop Manager and that fixed it.

(as for using Windows 8, or any Windows products... when someone OWNS the desktop market, you have to use them)
    05-29-13 11:48 AM
41 12