I have a weird issue swapping my BBM from Android back to my Q10.

I've been using a Galaxy S5 and my BlackBerry Q10. I have made this switch many times but this time I have a HUGE issue with BBM.
    When someone*switches BBM from one device to another there is a prompt to do so. I'm not getting that. When I switch from 1 Android device to another I get the prompt and I'm signed out on the old device, yet my Q10 remains connected, never signs out and never works correctly. I even loaded an old build of BBM for Android thinking that that might help prompt the switch when I booted up my BB Q10. Still didn't work. This means that I'm 1\2 connected on my BlackBerry. If I initiate a*message to someone they will get it, but my groups aren't working even though I can see them there. Channels are the same way, they are outdated and I don't get any*notifications of new posts.
    I really don't want to wipe my device. I'm afraid that's what it will come to. Can someone please help me, I could really use some advice. I've been a BlackBerry user for years and even still use my PlayBook. I can't update my channels*with my BlackBerry, I have to use an Android device because if this. I'm really stressed about it. I really love Blend for my job and that's 1 reason that my Android phone just won't cut it.

Posted from my Q10 via the power of "Q"
    Last edited by axllebeer; 08-04-16 at 11:47 AM.
    07-11-16 08:58 PM
    Once you've 'switched' to android, you can't 'switch' back to BB10 without a wipe, unfortunately... it will show that you are in those groups etc, but your BBID is still in Android BBM...
    07-12-16 11:43 AM
    Once you've 'switched' to android, you can't 'switch' back to BB10 without a wipe, unfortunately... it will show that you are in those groups etc, but your BBID is still in Android BBM...
    But I've probably done it like 50 or more times.

Posted from my Q10 via the power of "Q"
    07-12-16 12:08 PM
    Have you attempted to switch while the Q10 is off?
    Maybe if the BBM servers aren't able to connect to the Q10, you will have a different result when logging in on your Android phone.

When is the last time you backed up your phone?
    Maybe it's an option to revert to that before trying again.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-16 03:19 PM
    My handset has done this today. Both my passport and Priv are connected. The Passport is getting BBM messages and if I turn on the Priv the group messages come thru
    07-22-16 12:09 PM
    Really???
    07-22-16 02:21 PM
    Really???
    Yes really

Posted via CB10
    07-22-16 02:28 PM
    Well that is a advantage for you... No needs to do switch...
    07-22-16 02:34 PM
    Just factory reset them both

Posted via CB10
    07-22-16 02:38 PM
    Just factory reset them both

Posted via CB10
    Did this on the Q10 and it's been performing a device wipe at 99% for 4 days now. I've restarted it and has the same effect. Might have to plug it into Link and try that way.

Still, this is insane for fixing 1 app. Guess that's what happens when it's basically baked in to the point that BBM can't be deleted.

Flicked via the BlackBerry Keyboard on my S5
    07-23-16 12:08 PM
    Gave up. Bought a Nexus 5X and using the new Hub apps from BlackBerry in the Play Store. I'm happy with this solution. I can use this device and still have BlackBerry services. I think it's the best solution for me right now. Would be nice to have Blend though. Perhaps in time we all will.

Flicked via the BlackBerry keyboard on my Nexus 5X
    08-04-16 11:47 AM