Dev's! Where is the 1:1 ratio "Media Player" we can open up anything in full screen this app would be worth its weight in gold! Follow supertube idea as well as the original gangsta of this a.k.a. kalemsoft but make it a media player we can set as default or at least open anything up in, wow, only thing missing from BB10! I'd pay ten for that and would be easy?

Maybe this should be moved to developer sector? Is there a section for ideas? ....

Posted via CB10
    07-16-16 02:34 PM
    Not sure I get what you're talking about, but your topic title is wrong as Supertube has 1:1 playback for a long time now.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    07-16-16 02:52 PM
    I'm not sure what you're looking for. You want the default media player to vertically stretch widescreen material to fit the square screen? Or do you want to zoom in, and truncate the image?
    07-16-16 02:57 PM
    I'm not sure what you're looking for. You want the default media player to vertically stretch widescreen material to fit the square screen? Or do you want to zoom in, and truncate the image?
    Conite have you ever used Kalemsoft or even seen what Supertube does with the screen to give us full access to stuff meant for 16:9 or other then 1:1 with little to no distortion?

I dunno or think one can swap default media player which does not do this but if one was to create a media player we could share whatever we wanted to watch to that offered this perfect 1:1 ratio without stretching at all to very little like kalemsoft and supertube but as a simple media player app?

Thanks..

Posted via CB10
    07-16-16 04:08 PM
    Do you have a screenshot example?
    Maybe something I can try on Star Player if I known what you mean, it currently adjusts the video scale to fit the screen

Posted via CB10
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    07-16-16 04:14 PM
    Conite have you ever used Kalemsoft or even seen what Supertube does with the screen to give us full access to stuff meant for 16:9 or other then 1:1 with little to no distortion?

I dunno or think one can swap default media player which does not do this but if one was to create a media player we could share whatever we wanted to watch to that offered this perfect 1:1 ratio without stretching at all to very little like kalemsoft and supertube but as a simple media player app?

Thanks..

Posted via CB10
    If you want to fill the screen, you either have to stretch, or zoom and truncate. Both are bad.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    07-16-16 05:40 PM
    If you want to fill the screen, you either have to stretch, or zoom and truncate. Both are bad.
    I have to disagree, Kalemsoft did it as well as supertube and will check out the above person who mentioned another app. I seen it so know somebody can make a media player. We can share to, as I am fairly sure we can't swap our default media player?

Look at Supertube, not stretched, Fits!

-Steve

Posted via CB10
    07-17-16 12:25 AM
    Do you have a screenshot example?
    Maybe something I can try on Star Player if I known what you mean, it currently adjusts the video scale to fit the screen

Posted via CB10
    Awesome, going to check this app out now, follow Kalemsoft lead or Supertube and make it a media player we can set as default or if not possible, SHARE! I would pay well for this!...

Posted via CB10
    07-17-16 12:26 AM
    Just take your time and get it right as in the settings tweaked just right like supertube and or kalemsoft, will have the perfect media player!.... can't wait! Please let me know if you do this so I can purchase!...

If a way to set as default, forget about it, will be number one! Either way though can at least share!

Posted via CB10
    07-17-16 12:28 AM
    I have to disagree, Kalemsoft did it as well as supertube and will check out the above person who mentioned another app. I seen it so know somebody can make a media player. We can share to, as I am fairly sure we can't swap our default media player?

Look at Supertube, not stretched, Fits!

-Steve

Posted via CB10
    It's simple math.

I'll try again. If you have a 16:9 image, the only way to fill a 1:1 screen is to stretch the image vertically, or zoom in and truncate the image. Period.
    07-17-16 12:34 AM
    It's simple math.

I'll try again. If you have a 16:9 image, the only way to fill a 1:1 screen is to stretch the image vertically, or zoom in and truncate the image. Period.
    Exactly! That's why almost all YouTube videos look bad in Supertube with the 1:1 setting. If I want a bigger image, I just zoom in (thanks Supertube for that awesome feature!)

07-17-16 08:30 AM
    Exactly! That's why almost all YouTube videos look bad in Supertube with the 1:1 setting. If I want a bigger image, I just zoom in (thanks Supertube for that awesome feature!)

Try Kalemsoft try to dupe their settings of full screen, very to little distortion on full movies, hope you add it to your already what seems to be an awesome media player so I will scoop it up! If you do, please let us know via this thread.

Thanks, Stephen

Posted via CB10
    07-17-16 03:24 PM
    It's simple math.

Conite, I understand but these guys at Kalemsoft picked the perfect settings (tweaked) so that you get "the most" with the tiniest distortion POSSIBLE ( I can't even tell, surely one can fig into that program to see their exact settings and add it to their media player?) but yet still utilize the full-screen without zooming in or losing any of the movie, video, etc...

We need a video/media player like this. On that note, you can't change the BlackBerry media player which is default to another like star player to make it default if he adds this, correct? We would just have to share (so share would have to be built in also?) to it which isn't a problem, is it's the case?...

Off topic to Conite: Thanks for your rolled back runtime, using it I no longer get the notifications telling me to update to the latest OS which removes my functional facebook as you said it is not good unless you want to put all the prices back so it tripped it up somehow and runs better! All hail - .13 ART... when do we get Dalvik? Haha.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-16 03:26 PM
    Try Kalemsoft try to dupe their settings of full screen, very to little distortion on full movies, hope you add it to your already what seems to be an awesome media player so I will scoop it up! If you do, please let us know via this thread.

Thanks, Stephen

Posted via CB10
    I don't really get what I'm supposed to let you know. I'm not a developer, dude. (though I wish I was to help keep BB10 alive!). But the Supertube dev is very much active so you should contact him.

07-17-16 03:50 PM
    I don't really get what I'm supposed to let you know. I'm not a developer, dude. (though I wish I was to help keep BB10 alive!). But the Supertube dev is very much active so you should contact him.

Probably meant to aim that at me

Posted via CB10
    07-17-16 03:56 PM
    Conite, I understand but these guys at Kalemsoft picked the perfect settings (tweaked) so that you get "the most" with the tiniest distortion POSSIBLE ( I can't even tell, surely one can fig into that program to see their exact settings and add it to their media player?) but yet still utilize the full-screen without zooming in or losing any of the movie, video, etc...

We need a video/media player like this. On that note, you can't change the BlackBerry media player which is default to another like star player to make it default if he adds this, correct? We would just have to share (so share would have to be built in also?) to it which isn't a problem, is it's the case?...

Off topic to Conite: Thanks for your rolled back runtime, using it I no longer get the notifications telling me to update to the latest OS which removes my functional facebook as you said it is not good unless you want to put all the prices back so it tripped it up somehow and runs better! All hail - .13 ART... when do we get Dalvik? Haha.

Posted via CB10
    You can use the Default Apps Settings, just a bit fiddly to do.

You can always use the Open in feature

Posted via CB10
    07-17-16 03:57 PM
    Supertube now has a 1:1 full screen ratio support  like kalemsoft!-img_20160717_215902.png

Looks to me like it fits width wise then stretches it a little height wise (super tube)

Posted via CB10
    07-17-16 03:59 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160717_215902.png 
Views:	164 
Size:	144.1 KB 
ID:	404209

Looks to me like it fits width wise then stretches it a little height wise (super tube)

Posted via CB10
    I thought u were the dev of star media player.
    My bad! Got ya now. Try kalemsoft, LMK what think, worth every cent!...

Posted via CB10
    07-17-16 05:20 PM
    I thought u were the dev of star media player.
    My bad! Got ya now. Try kalemsoft, LMK what think, worth every cent!...

Posted via CB10
    I am the dev of Star Player :P

Posted via CB10
    07-18-16 03:46 AM
    I am the dev of Star Player :P

Posted via CB10
    Ok so can add in what Kalemsoft has or at least supertube although prefer Kalemsoft and up the cost a buck? I'd be all in!

Posted via CB10
    07-18-16 11:44 AM
    Ok so can add in what Kalemsoft has or at least supertube although prefer Kalemsoft and up the cost a buck? I'd be all in!

Posted via CB10
    I'll see what I can do, not sure how they did it at the moment, working on multiple parts of the App at once
    07-18-16 11:58 AM
    I'll see what I can do, not sure how they did it at the moment, working on multiple parts of the App at once
    Awesome, please keep informed if this happens will be amazing as no other media player has what Kalemsoft has and Kalemsoft isn't a media play per se like yours... thanks dev..

Posted via CB10
    07-18-16 02:57 PM
    Awesome, please keep informed if this happens will be amazing as no other media player has what Kalemsoft has and Kalemsoft isn't a media play per se like yours... thanks dev..

Posted via CB10
    Btw if you want to make it the default player go to the file manager or music player long press on a music file (do it for videos too), tap open in and tick the default App box and tap star player

Supertube now has a 1:1 full screen ratio support  like kalemsoft!-img_20160724_095321.png

Then go to Settings- App manager- default Apps- and check that Star Player is there.

Attachment 404661
    07-24-16 03:54 AM
    Btw if you want to make it the default player go to the file manager or music player long press on a music file (do it for videos too), tap open in and tick the default App box and tap star player

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160724_095321.png 
Views:	136 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	404660

Then go to Settings- App manager- default Apps- and check that Star Player is there.

Attachment 404661
    I just did it as had KM Pro set as it actually supports 1:1 ratio perfectly! Did you add the feature to star? I bought it and it's great but do not see it yet. Thank you. -DPR

I still say somebody makes a simple media player easily set to default called 1:1 ratio player, it would be killer and worth some bucks!

Posted via CB10
    07-31-16 05:10 AM
    I just did it as had KM Pro set as it actually supports 1:1 ratio perfectly! Did you add the feature to star? I bought it and it's great but do not see it yet. Thank you. -DPR

I still say somebody makes a simple media player easily set to default called 1:1 ratio player, it would be killer and worth some bucks!

Posted via CB10
    I'm still working out how to do it properly, I've been on holiday monday - friday, and had a bit of a backlog for Star Player
    07-31-16 01:43 PM
31 12