08-10-14 04:08 PM
90 ... 234
tools
    Well Gents...and ladies (but those don't really exist on the internet, right?)

This is my first icon job, but I'm open to all kinds of criticism. I'm fully confident that I've supplied the best option.

Still working on a Splash Screen, but this kind of talent takes time!

SuperTube - new icon ? Help!-super-tube.jpg
    08-02-14 08:42 PM
    i think supertube is great and better than fast tube. at least from the free perspective so im going to go ahead and purchase the real deal
    08-02-14 11:33 PM
    Such awesome stuff in this thread. This is why BlackBerry fans are awesome.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    lildeimos likes this.
    08-02-14 11:46 PM
    Supertube is great! Much more features that are so convenient, just that it is slower than fast tube in some areas.

Posted with my BlackBerry
    08-03-14 12:19 AM
    It's really hard for me to take a choice.
    I have made a summary of whats liked so far and an image of the desktop with some icons (see!! I learned something )
    SuperTube - new icon ? Help!-drawing.png
    SuperTube - new icon ? Help!-preview.png

I also made a mix of Fabian's and Sauron's most liked details (the fast forward and the flat style TV). I didn't found the font Sauron used wich I liked also
    SuperTube - new icon ? Help!-splash_and_icon.png

I really enjoyed and I am very grateful to you all and of course if you have other suggestions I am open to all (Nharzhool included )
    Nharzhool, Alex_Hong and MrGlenn like this.
    08-03-14 08:05 AM
    I think the best icon (until now) it's Sauron4's 3rd one but maybe with a different 'splash screen' or with the one you mixed.
    08-03-14 08:49 AM
    Well Gents...and ladies (but those don't really exist on the internet, right?)

This is my first icon job, but I'm open to all kinds of criticism. I'm fully confident that I've supplied the best option.

Still working on a Splash Screen, but this kind of talent takes time!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Super Tube.jpg 
Views:	498 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	288625
    This caught my attention. Marketing at its finest.
    08-03-14 10:52 AM
    The ones from Alex_Hong are definitely the best. Flat and well-designed. Fabian's one is too bright (use different red) and that shadow is like 2013. Sauron's ones are OK, but anti-alias had failed (use different software), the third is way too easy made, not liking it.
    Flat is OK, but it shouldn't be too flat, BB is using some shadows, too.
    Marios199546 likes this.
    08-03-14 11:26 AM
    This caught my attention. Marketing at its finest.
    You're not wrong...Apple has been trying to hire me for my brilliant marketing skills!

I really enjoyed and I am very grateful to you all and of course if you have other suggestions I am open to all (Nharzhool included )
    Glad to see that you're one hell of a sport!

I can't say that I particularly like any of the icon suggestions (obviously because mine is the best), but I really like FabianB's Splash Screen - looks really cool - though, to be fair; my opinion doesn't really matter and people are moving towards the Flat design so the other designs might be better.

As usual, I'm not very helpful. I guess I just don't like that shade of Red. Maybe that's why I like FabianB's designs.

Hope you come right!
    08-03-14 12:20 PM
    The ones from Alex_Hong are definitely the best. Flat and well-designed. Fabian's one is too bright (use different red) and that shadow is like 2013. Sauron's ones are OK, but anti-alias had failed (use different software), the third is way too easy made, not liking it.
    Flat is OK, but it shouldn't be too flat, BB is using some shadows, too.
    Good assessment. I agree. Alex's icons are best.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 01:36 PM

Name:	drawing.png 
Views:	402 
Size:	109.5 KB 
ID:	288685
    Nharzhool's suggestion is most excellent, but perhaps not ready for primetime.

Sadly I'm unable to befriend FabianB's suggestions. I get the swoosh, but why the hexagon, why the tadpoles? From a personal taste perspective, the icons just don't do anything for me and look unfinished. (No offence intended, dude!)

I like both Alex Hong's and Sauron's suggestions. Both look professionally designed and have an air of quality to them.

I like Sauron's splash screen and top two icons, but if the spash screen is to be used, then the top icon will have to be chosen to match. I'm beginning to think that the top icon doesn't have the 'it' factor. Can't quite explain why. Maybe too plain.

Alex's icon's are slick and I like the top one best, without the perforations which I feel are trying to cram too much in. It is quite subtle though, so the splash screen will be needed to reinforce the meaning of the icon. Hopefully the young'uns will understand the reference to old films. If the splash was animated in the same style (with countdown) it would be cool but probably too much work.

Name:	splash_and_icon.png 
Views:	403 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	288687
    This could work too if Sauron draws it (no offence lildeimos, but yours doesn't look quite right).

So I guess I reserve the right to change my mind and say that I would prefer Alex's top icon, with an accompanying splash screen in a similar style.
    lildeimos likes this.
    08-03-14 01:57 PM
    thanks everyone for ideas, submissions and for your time. I know it's impossible to satify everyone, but I will do my best even if I will miss my 3D
    08-03-14 03:30 PM
    Actually I believe perhaps can try asking James for help to get more attention to the thread? I believe he wrote about the app before on crackbbery.com and I know there are a whole load more users using super tube than those who have replied in the thread.
    08-03-14 05:55 PM
    I think Marco already got the best designers he was hoping to get in this thread . You guys collectively created exactly what he was looking for. Heck of a team effort!

I used my almighty Z30 to create this CrackBerry madness!
    08-03-14 09:37 PM
    Sadly I'm unable to befriend FabianB's suggestions. I get the swoosh, but why the hexagon, why the tadpoles? From a personal taste perspective, the icons just don't do anything for me and look unfinished. (No offence intended, dude!)
    I agree FabianB's designs don't look professional

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 04:08 PM
90 ... 234