I love your app but the icon does sorely need a change. Well done dev!

Attachment 288423

How about something like this? Do not use this as is because its from an app called ultra tube.

I suggest adding an "extra" play icon in the middle like the ones posted on this thread.

Your icon has to be something which looks like you tube since its a you tube client. A thin white border would make the icon look great.

Nemory is good with icon designs too.
    Last edited by Q10Nutter; 08-01-14 at 09:51 PM.
    lildeimos likes this.
    08-01-14 09:34 PM
    Concept 2:

Fast forward icons as reference to 'Super'tube

Attachment 288382
    That looks great how about a thin white border?

Differentiate or Die
    08-01-14 09:49 PM
    Love what the Dev just did, including the public when it comes to icon design.

A lot of great apps never see the light of day just because of the icon the end user is presented with, they forget that in App World that is the first thing that sells your app before functionality.

Wish all devs would do this... better yet, CrackBerry should create a Forum "10.3 Icon hub" which will host threads for all devs wanting to change their logo to coincide with 10.3 look.
    Mr_F and lildeimos like this.
    08-01-14 09:50 PM
    The hexagonal mockup by Fabian is the best so far, but not there yet. Guys, let's avoid the iOS icon shape. Design it to fit in better with 10.3.

Simple, flat, iconic.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 11:27 PM
    Love what the Dev just did, including the public when it comes to icon design.

A lot of great apps never see the light of day just because of the icon the end user is presented with, they forget that in App World that is the first thing that sells your app before functionality.

Wish all devs would do this... better yet, CrackBerry should create a Forum "10.3 Icon hub" which will host threads for all devs wanting to change their logo to coincide with 10.3 look.
    I really like that idea!
    08-01-14 11:27 PM
    Ok, one more, just had to

Attachment 288395

Attachment 288397

Still some of the old feel with kind of the same text 'SuperTube' as the app does have now.
    love this one!
    super (tube)
    08-02-14 03:12 AM
    The hexagonal mockup by Fabian is the best so far, but not there yet. Guys, let's avoid the iOS icon shape. Design it to fit in better with 10.3.

Simple, flat, iconic.

Posted via CB10
    You got any ideas to improve it?
    08-02-14 05:41 AM
    This one is super osum.

Knocked up a quick icon for you

Attachment 288369
    08-02-14 05:53 AM
    Like the second one. Simple & elegant.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. I think Sauron is doing some great stuff that is definitely in the lead for consideration. Sauron, can you make that last icon top with top half red with white letters, bottom half white with red letters? I know YouTube 's official icon is now only a silly red and white "play button " symbol, but that doesn't mean we can't mix old school with new school. When making the bottom half white, try either a red or black pinstripe outline.

I used my almighty Z30 to create this CrackBerry madness!
    sauron4 likes this.
    08-02-14 06:25 AM
    Placed together with default 10.3 icons to see how it will look. The icon basically follow the updated design guideline for 10.3 as much as possible. From the way they use the colour, down to the size of the symbol inside the logo at 62% of the entire icon. The background incase hard to notice, is from old films countdown timer. There are still some minor tweaks that i might do when I have more time to play with it, but here's a first look of some sort.

Application icons - BlackBerry Developer

SuperTube - new icon ? Help!-super.png

Demo screenshot of how it looks on the phone.
    SuperTube - new icon ? Help!-demo1.png

I actually came up with this first, but found it too complicated for 10.3's flatter look. :/
    SuperTube - new icon ? Help!-demo2.png
    08-02-14 06:41 AM
    @Alex_Hong, looks awesome!
    Thanks so far to all
    08-02-14 06:55 AM
    Alex Hong really nice icon!

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 07:00 AM
    Here's a few more icons...

Attachment 288393
    Attachment 288394
    Sauron, can you make that second icon (bottom one) with top half red with white letters, bottom half white with red letters? I know YouTube 's official icon is now only a silly red and white "play button " symbol, but that doesn't mean we can't mix old school with new school. When making the bottom half white, try either a red or black pinstripe outline. And slightly increase space between the two words. I think we have a winner!

08-02-14 07:06 AM
    Sauron, can you make that second icon (bottom one) with top half red with white letters, bottom half white with red letters? I know YouTube 's official icon is now only a silly red and white "play button " symbol, but that doesn't mean we can't mix old school with new school. When making the bottom half white, try either a red or black pinstripe outline. And slightly increase space between the two words. I think we have a winner!

Will do although I think Alex Hong's idea is great.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 07:18 AM

If I have understood you correctly, is this how you mean?

SuperTube - new icon ? Help!-super-tube-icon-5.png
    08-02-14 07:42 AM
    That's it! Awesome! Can you make it more rounded like an old television tube? Or combine Alex Hong's filmstrip idea top and bottom?

08-02-14 07:47 AM
    Alex_Hong: that last one with the film-tape finish is wonderful! Out of all icons so far I think that one represents best what the app is/does.
    08-02-14 07:50 AM
    Placed together with default 10.3 icons to see how it will look. The icon basically follow the updated design guideline for 10.3 as much as possible. From the way they use the colour, down to the size of the symbol inside the logo at 62% of the entire icon. The background incase hard to notice, is from old films countdown timer. There are still some minor tweaks that i might do when I have more time to play with it, but here's a first look of some sort.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	super.png 
Views:	1262 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	288480

Name:	demo1.png 
Views:	1261 
Size:	464.1 KB 
ID:	288478

I actually came up with this first, but found it too complicated for 10.3's flatter look. :/

Name:	demo2.png 
Size:	464.3 KB 
ID:	288479
    Can you post the icon with the filmstrip effect so I can see it better?

08-02-14 07:54 AM
    That's it! Awesome! Can you make it more rounded like an old television tube? Or combine Alex Hong's filmstrip idea top and bottom?

Like this? I'd rather not copy someone elses idea - hats off to Alex for the great idea.

SuperTube - new icon ? Help!-super-tube-icon-6.png
    08-02-14 07:59 AM

Name:	super.png 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	288480

Name:	demo1.png 
Views:	1261 
Size:	464.1 KB 
ID:	288478

Name:	demo2.png 
Size:	464.3 KB 
ID:	288479
    This is good work. Go with this guy.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 08:10 AM
    Like this? I'd rather not copy someone elses idea - hats off to Alex for the great idea.

Name:	super-tube-icon-6.png 
Views:	1177 
Size:	4.2 KB 
ID:	288490
    Don't listen to that guy Sauron, it's becoming too similar to the FastTube icon, now. Good job on the quick work, but it's too similar.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 08:11 AM
    Alex_Hong: that last one with the film-tape finish is wonderful! Out of all icons so far I think that one represents best what the app is/does.
    I prefer the one without the filmstrip. A film strip has nothing to do with youtube. It's a needless bit of anachronism and borderline skeumorphism. Be careful with this approach. The other problem is that you're mixing a television screen with film strip sprockets. How does that make any sense to have both in one icon? (Besides the fact that it is a cliche that has been used in way too many video apps, and has since been put to rest by both apple and blackberry).

The first app icon by Alex is more thoughtful, more at home amongst the 10.3 apps, and cleaner. More modern. Much more tasteful.

Please consider this post before making an app icon choice, and thoughtfully consider if a few of the things I've said don't make sense.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by deadcowboy; 08-02-14 at 08:34 AM.
    08-02-14 08:15 AM
    I don't use FastTube, so I had to look it up. You're right. It does look too similar. Alex has a winner with the filmstrip one.

08-02-14 08:16 AM
    I prefer the one without the filmstrip. A film strip has nothing to do with youtube. It's a needless bit of anachronism and borderline skeumorphism. Be careful with this approach. The other problem is that you're mixing a television screen with film strip sprockets. How does that make any sense to have both in one icon?

The first app icon by Alex is more thoughtful, more at home amongst the 10.3 apps, and cleaner. More modern. Much more tasteful.

Posted via CB10
    Filmstrip indicates video, not movie. It fits perfectly because the first icon looks less appealing, more like a panic button. We need something that says "for VIDEO, press here".

08-02-14 08:34 AM
    I had to look up what that meant. :P I get your point, I just prefer icons that clearly show what the app is about even without looking at the name. The plain icon shows Super, but other than that it could be anything. The film strip adds context: "hey its a video-related app!"
    A film strip has nothing to do with youtube. It's a needless bit of anachronism and borderline skeumorphism.
    If someone borrows my phone and wants to browse youtube they should be able to find this app instantly.

Channel: C0007CC89 | CB10 signed.
    Nature Slice likes this.
    08-02-14 08:34 AM
90 1234