Hey guys give a try! Super2 for YouTube is a Built4BB complete app for watching video on your BB10 and on your SmartTV, PS3, PC desktop with leanback support and more awesome features! check it out on BBWorld:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/34531895

that's a freemium app, you pay 1,99$ for signing up to YouTube account and use all features!

Super2 for YouTube-img_00000245_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mendez777; 10-02-13 at 05:55 AM.
    10-02-13 03:37 AM
    Nice, will try with my ps3 soon!
    10-02-13 03:56 AM
    Congrats on the new app release!
    Looks impressive.

*** Please edit post #1 to include the price at either the top or bottom of the post. Thanks! ***
    10-02-13 04:34 AM
    I just discovered this last week. Super2 is the #1 youtube app that doesn't get the recognition it deserves. It plays music in the background without paying. You can search for videos based on length, rating and date published. It loads a video very fast and almost all the time it gets HD video available unlike Fasttube. It also can play the next video automatically, which is perfect for playlists. Customizable grid layout too. You can make it play videos at certain quality over wifi and cellular. It's not the best looking app but it is a really really underrated app and it's sad really that people do not discover it.
    Alex_Hong and lildeimos like this.
    11-18-13 09:18 AM
    I like it mainly because it can get most videos that are desktop only or that FastTube can't find
    There is also an update available now

Posted via CB10
    lildeimos likes this.
    11-18-13 09:34 AM
    I like it mainly because it can get most videos that are desktop only or that FastTube can't find
    There is also an update available now

Posted via CB10
    Thank you all.
    Yes there is a minor update
    * default layout is now with rows if not already set (you can change it in Settings)
    * fixed: "Preferred inteface layout" in Settings wasn't working
    * added invoke Super2 with a channel link (for example within MB10.2 app

So if an user share an author channel, it can be grabbed by Super2. And since is asked, I am going to remake the icon
    11-18-13 11:21 AM
    I don't know how to design an icon. But you should rename the app SuperTube too. Nicer name than Super2

Posted via CB10
    lildeimos and StutterStep like this.
    11-19-13 02:12 AM
    An icon redesign would be awesome. Not a huge fan of the current one lol
    lildeimos likes this.
    11-19-13 05:57 PM
    SuperTube is a good name.
    lildeimos likes this.
    11-19-13 06:34 PM
    I like that you took the suggestions to change the app name and icon. The new icon is better. However, I would prefer it if it incorporated a flatter design. Good work though.

Posted via CB10
    lildeimos likes this.
    11-21-13 03:38 AM
    Strange things happened. They accepted the new app name, but rejected the new App World icon. Today the app has been accepted with the icon they rejected, but on the store there is the old one. So, what to do ?
    Meanwhile I made this
    Super2 for YouTube-supertubelogo-128.png
    @the_igg yes, maybe a flat image looks better since the small size of the icon on the device, but, as you can see, I am not so good
    11-21-13 04:40 AM
    Thx for the update, like the new name icon better.
    Is there any way for you to add a control to force play the video in landscape? (I mainly use the phone in portrait mode for one hand usage, rotation is locked but full screen media is meant to be displayed landscape for full enjoyment :-)
    Thx, Wolf

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 08:26 AM
    Thx for the update, like the new name icon better.
    Is there any way for you to add a control to force play the video in landscape? (I mainly use the phone in portrait mode for one hand usage, rotation is locked but full screen media is meant to be displayed landscape for full enjoyment :-)
    Thx, Wolf

Posted via CB10
    Sure, I can add an option in the settings to lock the screen. In the next release you will find it.
    An edit for my early post: seems that the icon on App World has been approved, so the icon will stay the one of the today update
    11-21-13 10:36 AM
    Okay, it's not complete yet, but more or less what I manage to cook up. I'm pretty certain I can't use the "Tube" part of the logo, so I'll have to tweak that, and the font as well. Other than that, the look and feel is what I wish to achieve.
    Wow, thats pretty cool icon really! Good work. But they already approved, not that one I posted above, but the one of the today update!
    I really appreciate your work Alex, thank you.
    This is the new one, hope you like it
    Super2 for YouTube-suppertubelogo-128.png
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    11-21-13 11:17 AM
    But dev, I kinda prefer the flat icon that Alex is using. Perhaps have a poll to decide?

Posted via CB10
    lildeimos likes this.
    11-21-13 11:30 AM
    But dev, I kinda prefer the flat icon that Alex is using. Perhaps have a poll to decide?

Posted via CB10

It is so frustrating for me do not accomplish to users expectations
    I already got good feedbacks for that, what to say to users that liked it. I am going crazy eheh. I didn't realized before that the app icon can make the difference. I am sad
    11-21-13 12:09 PM
    Sure, I can add an option in the settings to lock the screen. In the next release you will find it.
    An edit for my early post: seems that the icon on App World has been approved, so the icon will stay the one of the today update
    Thanks, but just to make sure I explained it properly, I want to use the the phone in portrait mode and once the video go full screen, force it to run landscape for better screen state usage (as many Android apps do). Is that possible?
    Thx in advance.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 04:24 PM
    Thanks, but just to make sure I explained it properly, I want to use the the phone in portrait mode and once the video go full screen, force it to run landscape for better screen state usage (as many Android apps do). Is that possible?
    Thx in advance.

Posted via CB10
    Yes sure. I cant put an option, lets say, "Force landscape when playing" in settings. I wont make that as a default state, because, I seen somethimes some videos taken in portrait on youtube. And also because you can play videos stored on the phone and these video can be taken in portrait too.
    Thanks
    Wolfgan likes this.
    11-21-13 04:37 PM

It is so frustrating for me do not accomplish to users expectations
    I already got good feedbacks for that, what to say to users that liked it. I am going crazy eheh. I didn't realized before that the app icon can make the difference. I am sad
    Hahaha sorry! The app icon is the only thing lacking from the app because the app is really full featured. Oh well, in the end, it's your app. So it's up to you
    lildeimos likes this.
    11-22-13 07:13 AM