This issue began occurring last week. I am on a Z10, STL100-3, SR 10.1.0.4200, T-Mobile Florida. I have never loaded a leak or "manually engineered" anything on the phone.

With Wi-fi Calling enabled (WiFi Preferred), calls to some numbers, mobile AND land line result in a "Call Failure". It's the same numbers every time which fail. Others go through with no problem. The numbers that fail, have nothing seemingly in common. They aren't in the same location nor do they have the same area code. Some callers whose number resulted in a "Call Failure", also reported to me that they could not call me from their phone.

Switching off Wi-Fi Calling clears up the issue.

Anybody else seen this?

Strange Wi-Fi Calling "Call Failure"-img_00000826.png

Tombstone - Commander Combat Vets Motorcycle Assn, Chapter 20-1, Space Coast Florida. CVMA Florida 20-1 Home
    11-18-13 06:35 AM
    I had this problem because I didn't set up a 911 emergency location on my tmo account. But I couldn't make any wifi calls at all. Once the emergency address was set up I eventually could use the wifi calling feature.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 12:32 PM
    I had this problem because I didn't set up a 911 emergency location on my tmo account. But I couldn't make any wifi calls at all. Once the emergency address was set up I eventually could use the wifi calling feature.

Posted via CB10
    I can make Wi-Fi calls to some numbers without a problem. I have been using Wi-Fi Calling on my Z10 for some time. This issue just popped up last week.

Tombstone - Commander Combat Vets Motorcycle Assn, Chapter 20-1, Space Coast Florida. www.cvmaflorida.org
    11-18-13 01:29 PM
    T-mobile's wifi calling is simply not ready for prime time. That's a polite way of saying it is a POS. It never worked properly on my Z10 and,worse, I couldn't shut it off!?!

It got loaded in with an OS release from BBW, because I didn't load it. I deleted and reloaded the app dozens of times and it still wouldn't de-activate or let me shut it off. Even if I deleted the app, it was STILL IN THE PHONE.

Stangely, after getting a very strange Device is MEP locked error, and shutting the phone off today, when i turned it on, the wifi calling now allows me to turn it off?????

Needless to say, it is now OFF.

Remember folks, this is just an attempt by t-mobile to shunt traffic off its cellular newtwork onto our wifi bandwidth (paid for by us if we're at home or our companies if we're at work)...
    12-08-13 07:11 PM
    It's a shame that your experience with WiFi calling was such an issue. I also get frustrated with my Z10 that was supposed to be the best since sliced bread. It's actuality a good concept but it's is riddled with bugs and quirks. I would be happy to switch to another platform if I had another $600 to drop on a phone. It's a shame that I have to stand on my left leg, pat my head and wink my right eye in order to make basic functions work on my Z10. If you bought a new car that had so many quirks, I doubt the die-hard BlackBerry folks would be so quick to overlook those issues.

I think that your comments on WiFi Calling are a bit narrow minded. There ARE useful situations where WiFi Calling can be invaluable. For example, if you are in a weak signal area, it is very handy to have.

I was at my friend's house in B.F. Alabama with no hope for even a hint of a signal but the Wi-Fi calling app allowed me to continue to use my phone.

Great concept, poorly executed and poorly supported BB.

Tombstone - Commander Combat Vets Motorcycle Assn, Chapter 20-1, Space Coast Florida. www.cvmaflorida.org
    12-08-13 07:54 PM