I have - for some reason - Mailux installed. This is normally not used, it's just for special cases. But, I don't know why, again and again I find it running in background. The Taskmanager shows it. Does anyone know how this app can be stopped from starting?
    06-29-14 04:14 AM
    If this is an Android app, you can try installing Ghost Commander (for free), navigating to the app and selecting Manage. From there you may be able to force close the app.
    06-29-14 07:20 AM
    Not good. Ghost Commander allows me to do just two things: force to terminate and unistall. What I want is to avoid that it starts himself in background. This happens again and again behind my back.

Yes Mailux is a Android port. It's a full featured IMAP client with dark theme, proper quoting and many more interesting features. It's a really good program but I just don't want that it starts himself. Somewhere must be an entry in a dumb configuration file where this is mentioned. But where?
    06-29-14 08:48 AM
    You might also open Device Monitor and check the Storage Tab (there are 4 tabs at its top). Slowly scroll down and see if you see that App Name in the list. Press/Hold on it and an option to Delete will appear. But was it installed as part of some other Android app or suite you installed?
    06-29-14 08:51 AM
    You might also open Device Monitor and check the Storage Tab (there are 4 tabs at its top). Slowly scroll down and see if you see that App Name in the list. Press/Hold on it and an option to Delete will appear.
    This will also delete the app, or not? But I don't want to uninstall it. This would be easy.
    But was it installed as part of some other Android app or suite you installed?
    I installed it manually from BB World to have a second mail client beside the HUB, especially for managing my archives on the IMAP server, something the HUB is not good at all for. (My old 9300 had LogicMail, a very good native app. But this is not longer available for BB10.)
    06-29-14 08:57 AM
    Or... additional question: does anyone know another full featured (native?) IMAP client? Haven't found one until now.
    06-29-14 10:49 AM
    Ah, back to the original question. We do NOT have any control of such automatic startup for Android and can't generally control permissions. Native headless apps sometimes allow control of auto-startup - well, turn off headless, anyway.
    06-29-14 12:50 PM