Hi guys,

Today the thread dedicated to %AppName% was unapproved and it's highly likely to be completely removed anytime soon.
    I would expect that it'll be also removed from the @conite's sheet of apps.

The reason of that is pretty clear: the app violates a bunch of terms from the YouTube TOS.
    I'm not blaming CrackBerry for that, the moderator very politely explained me why had that happened.
    I was just thinking that no one would care considering the size of the Community. I recall a post about StereoTube where the author explained why had he removed the Download feature. Ironically, there a was a post 1-2 days ago from a user who was expressing his appreciation regarding no ad/tracking.

I believe that the entire %AppName% app violates the TOS so I can't just remove the Download feature. So no way I could distribute the App via CrackBerry. But hopefully you know what to do I'm planning at least one big release.

Thanks for your feedback and support all the time.
    06-05-20 09:03 AM
    Future plc is a big company, they have to be very careful about how they do things. Especially when it involves other marketing companies they may deal with (everyone deals with Google).

I know your work is appreciated by many trying to get the most out of BB10... and they'll find you, wherever or however you decide to distribute your work.

Does highlight the difficulties that developers can face, and why we don't see more developer wanting to build apps for well known services. (But then Google Play seems to have dozens and dozens of alternative YouTube Players and Downloaders - so do they care?)

TOS hasn't stopped Cobalt's solutions here....
    06-05-20 09:26 AM
    Future plc is a big company, they have to be very careful about how they do things. Especially when it involves other marketing companies they may deal with (everyone deals with Google).

I know your work is appreciated by many trying to get the most out of BB10... and they'll find you, wherever or however you decide to distribute your work.

Does highlight the difficulties that developers can face, and why we don't see more developer wanting to build apps for well known services. (But then Google Play seems to have dozens and dozens of alternative YouTube Players and Downloaders - so do they care?)

TOS hasn't stopped Cobalt's solutions here....
    I believe it has more to do with bypassing the GPS revenue stream to Google but I’m sure you’re already saying that.
    06-05-20 09:56 AM
    Actually I'm shocked. Alexey, you ARE doing very important thing to the community. And I hope you will let us know you further steps.
    Personally I think that there must me at least some thread here at Crackberry (i.e. with 'cutted' version of The App and the link for donations).

Posted via CB10
    PureWater2525 and guizmox like this.
    06-05-20 10:16 AM
    I was shocked to see the thread pruned too! Your work needs to be noticed :c You have done a very great service to everyone here. I guess the company that owns this forum needs to be careful with such posts that bypass 'big business' such as Google. Keep well brother and good luck for the future. Thank you for your efforts so far.
    06-05-20 11:02 AM
    The original thread is back, we managed to find a workaround
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and elfabio80 like this.
    06-05-20 01:21 PM