Such a pity, everybody wants everything for free. That is human nature and that is, in a nutshell, the android model and why it is so successful.
    I'm not fussed any more, I knew it would happen.

Personally I'm not a fan of the Android model, as someone who is used to working with low performance devices I always found the performance and RAM penalty unacceptable + the security issues involved; (I modified the SDK on my Symbian Apps which had Ads after Nokia store closed to remove things like Location and file capabilities), plus the added data usage and intruding popups.

BBW is going to be swamped with downloads over the next few months. They won't be used to such action.
    The server will probably crash :P
    hoppysfavorite likes this.
    03-09-18 09:30 AM
    Both my paid Apps Star Player and Nightly Clock are now free after been discontinued.
    As a user I thank you, as a sir and a gentleman
    paulwallace1234 and dmlis like this.
    03-09-18 09:37 AM
    At least more people are using it Star Player By Allstar Software-screenshot_20180311-193017.jpg
    elfabio80, hazmaju and dmlis like this.
    03-11-18 02:30 PM
    Well, little stats update, since Star Player was made free it has been downloaded over 8500 times, nice to still see some diehards out there!
    brookie229 likes this.
    06-28-18 06:43 AM
    Well, little stats update, since Star Player was made free it has been downloaded over 8500 times, nice to still see some diehards out there!
    That is still awesome but it is true indeed...

However,most android apps have ad's and a decent will pay the few to remove once used to the app and like it.. shame u can't build that into the app like nemory's apps (world for him) before they remove the entire store. Regardless, thanks as well, spectacular ride, was just using Internet radio..

BTW; I would pay for updates in future in app...

 Passport SE  -Working wiDe in 2017+...
    Chuck Finley69 likes this.
    06-28-18 07:24 AM
    Also, what I tell you? This is the start, Star will go down a classic and legendary needed player in the BB eco system. 8500 is nothing on what I am thinking by Blackberry's end, wish they would not pull the entire store and wish before they did somebody else had a cemented staple store set aside they can build off of an app from blackberry world now that we can use when they do as bad enough they made it free.. many devs were angry and pulled entire paid apps. I get it however that's selfish as sometimes you must eat ****. Now I can't restart my phone as the app won't be there! Kudos to you bro for not being on of them people and having common courtesy even though you were screwed......

06-28-18 07:27 AM
    That is still awesome but it is true indeed...

However,most android apps have ad's and a decent will pay the few to remove once used to the app and like it.. shame u can't build that into the app like nemory's apps (world for him) before they remove the entire store. Regardless, thanks as well, spectacular ride, was just using Internet radio..

I was never a fan of Ads, tried it on some of my Symbian Apps and it ruined the experience a bit.

was just using Internet radio..
    Funnily enough I just renewed my server so it will live until 2020 at least

Enough for a Oneplus 6? :P

Also, what I tell you? This is the start, Star will go down a classic and legendary needed player in the BB eco system. 8500 is nothing on what I am thinking by Blackberry's end, wish they would not pull the entire store and wish before they did somebody else had a cemented staple store set aside they can build off of an app from blackberry world now that we can use when they do as bad enough they made it free.. many devs were angry and pulled entire paid apps. I get it however that's selfish as sometimes you must eat ****. Now I can't restart my phone as the app won't be there! Kudos to you bro for not being on of them people and having common courtesy even though you were screwed......

Shame BB10 is so locked down in that respect, we can't install .bar files without a PC or a developer trick, me and my friends at Symbian-Developers made our App store called Symbian Store when Nokia Store closed, no paid support but it helped with the eco system for a year or so.

Might be worth running a BB Link backup of your paid Apps, I believe they can be restored that way if your device ever buggers up.
    06-28-18 08:13 AM
    Might be worth running a BB Link backup of your paid Apps, I believe they can be restored that way if your device ever buggers up.
    Yep, that is if you can get that da#m& Link to work properly, lol! Mine is working fine but many, many others seem to have problems with it. At least we can still reinstall paid apps until the end of 2019.

Such a pity you could not benefit from that 8500 but take solace in the fact that your app is so good that all those people are using it and it does live on at least for awhile.
    06-28-18 08:19 AM
    Yep, that is if you can get that da#m& Link to work properly, lol! Mine is working fine but many, many others seem to have problems with it. At least we can still reinstall paid apps until the end of 2019.

Such a pity you could not benefit from that 8500 but take solace in the fact that your app is so good that all those people are using it and it does live on at least for awhile.
    It always behaved for me, well most of the time

While 8.5k is good it doesn't match up to my 1 million downloads from my time on Nokia store and a few hundred thousand on other Symbian stores

But I don't regret my time here, met some great people and even converted a few Symbian users to BlackBerry

When BlackBerry world closes I'll uploaded the installer so it can live on beyond 2019.
    Last edited by paulwallace1234; 06-28-18 at 12:02 PM.
    06-28-18 11:51 AM
    It always behaved for me, well most of the time

While 8.5k is good it doesn't match up to my 1 million downloads from my time on Nokia store and a few hundred thousand on other Symbian stores

But I don't regret my time here, met some great people and even converted a few Symbian users to BlackBerry

When BlackBerry word closes I'll uploaded the installer so it can live on beyond 2019.
    Link requires a BBID authentication. Hopefully that infrastructure doesn't get canned too.
    06-28-18 11:59 AM
    Link requires a BBID authentication. Hopefully that infrastructure doesn't get canned too.
    I don't see it been canned for a few years, the few enterprise users left might have something to say about it.
    06-28-18 12:03 PM
    It should be ok until the end of 2019 so that anyone needing to back up/restore will be good til then. Hopefully!
    06-28-18 12:18 PM
    I don't know who has advertised the App but it's had 766 downloads today up to now and 300+ yesterday
    elfabio80 and brookie229 like this.
    07-06-18 04:12 PM
    That may be why, shame it didn't do that when it was paid Star Player By Allstar Software-screenshot_20180707-092357.jpg
    07-07-18 03:24 AM
    In the top bar of BBW in Germany it appears like a new app... maybe that's why!

Posted via CB10
    07-07-18 03:38 AM
    Should Radio Paradise work as a Custom Station?

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216
    07-07-18 01:44 PM
    Should Radio Paradise work as a Custom Station?

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216
    As long as it has a direct streaming URL, Custom stations is for user added stations.
    07-07-18 01:49 PM
    In the top bar of BBW in Germany it appears like a new app... maybe that's why!

Posted via CB10
    I see what you mean, funny they didn't use that banner when it was released nearly two years ago lol
    elfabio80 likes this.
    07-07-18 03:18 PM
    Anyone still using Star Player? Excellent app with lots of features.

I'm having one small issue. When an audio mp3 file is playing, if I want to move the slider forward, from, e.g. say, 0:30, to 1.30 - then I can easily do this by dragging the grey cicle with my finger on the touchscreen of course, and the audio will continue playing from 1.30.

However, when I perform this dragging motion via my trackpad on the Classic (as opposed to via touch), whilst I do see the grey circle moving towards the right (for a very short time), it then immediately goes back to the 0.30 mark. I.e. I am not able to fast-forward the audio via my Classic's trackpad.

Your help would be appreciated.

P.S. - I can fast-forward audios using the trackpad on Blackberry default Music player/app.
    02-25-19 11:29 AM
    Anyone still using Star Player? Excellent app with lots of features.

I'm having one small issue. When an audio mp3 file is playing, if I want to move the slider forward, from, e.g. say, 0:30, to 1.30 - then I can easily do this by dragging the grey cicle with my finger on the touchscreen of course, and the audio will continue playing from 1.30.

However, when I perform this dragging motion via my trackpad on the Classic (as opposed to via touch), whilst I do see the grey circle moving towards the right (for a very short time), it then immediately goes back to the 0.30 mark. I.e. I am not able to fast-forward the audio via my Classic's trackpad.

Your help would be appreciated.

P.S. - I can fast-forward audios using the trackpad on Blackberry default Music player/app.

Hi,

Without digging the source code out I think this may be caused by how I implemented the slide to seek feature, I remember encountering some some issues with the release signal from the slider so I had to bodge it to make it work properly, it seems I overlooked the track pad implementation in the process.

Cheers,
    Paul
    02-25-19 01:55 PM
    Hi,

Without digging the source code out I think this may be caused by how I implemented the slide to seek feature, I remember encountering some some issues with the release signal from the slider so I had to bodge it to make it work properly, it seems I overlooked the track pad implementation in the process.

Cheers,
    Paul
    Alright no worries. In addition, I noticed that often I am unable to use the trackpad to select the play/pause button after a short while, or even the shuffle/repeat icons in the top right corner. Perhaps this is also related the non trackpad implementation? (as opposed to an actual bug)
    02-26-19 10:04 AM
    Alright no worries. In addition, I noticed that often I am unable to use the trackpad to select the play/pause button after a short while, or even the shuffle/repeat icons in the top right corner. Perhaps this is also related the non trackpad implementation? (as opposed to an actual bug)
    Yeah lack of implementation again, it was a tad tricky to add Trackpad implementation as I only have a z30 to test on.
    02-26-19 11:16 AM
    Yeah lack of implementation again, it was a tad tricky to add Trackpad implementation as I only have a z30 to test on.
    Understood, thanks.
    02-26-19 02:37 PM
    P.S. Sent you a couple of PMs, when you get time thanks.
    03-02-19 07:44 AM
    P.S. Sent you a couple of PMs, when you get time thanks.
    Sorry fella, replied.
    03-03-19 12:46 PM
415 ... 1314151617