.42 sent for approval
    Fingers crossed it will address crashing issues when opening Car Mode from the normal player and the completely non functional return to normal player button.

It will be pushed to all devices due to a little EOL message and a tiny change to the closing cleanup code
    tollfeeder likes this.
    01-14-18 06:50 AM
    The reply to suggestion..the developer says, The app will be discontinued in a month, no time for anything like that.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-18 09:47 AM
    The reply to suggestion..the developer says, The app will be discontinued in a month, no time for anything like that.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, like I have stated multiple times in the past 3 months and is mentioned in various places in the App itself.
    01-15-18 09:49 AM
    Yes, like I have stated multiple times in the past 3 months and is mentioned in various places in the App itself.
    Thank you for your support.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-18 09:52 AM
    Thank you for your support.

Posted via CB10
    The actual reason your idea was never implemented was the pure complexity and huge performance penalties when opening the app, the native music player starts in the background and the OS refreshes some very big databases, it can take 5-10 mins to load from a fresh boot.
    That's why the Clean Picker is so slow, it's reading those databases
    01-15-18 09:55 AM
    I would like to thank the dev, Mr. Wallace for a really beautiful app and for great support over the time that we have had it. A job REALLY well done. All good things have to come to an end, unfortunately.

Thanks again Paul.
    paulwallace1234 likes this.
    01-15-18 09:55 AM
    I've set the date for EOL for Feburary 28th 2018, so please get any bug reports in ASAP, I am working so it may take me a while to reply, and I haven't been able to access the BB Vendor Portal for a week now so I can't see any review bug reports.
    tollfeeder likes this.
    01-28-18 06:50 AM
    1.32.43 send for BB Approval.
    tollfeeder likes this.
    02-13-18 05:22 AM
    .43 won't be the final update, will cap off at .44 (this one will have some changes you can actually see)
    brookie229 and elfabio80 like this.
    02-15-18 05:35 AM
    Thanks for the update! Even if it is just preparing us for the inevitable...
    02-15-18 10:44 AM
    Should be pushing final update in the next day or two, medium sized changelog, nothing major just a couple of additions
    02-21-18 02:43 AM
    Last time i'll ever do this, feels odd
    Attached Thumbnails Star Player By Allstar Software-untitled.png  
    brookie229 likes this.
    02-21-18 02:02 PM
    Last time i'll ever do this, feels odd
    Thanks for sticking with us for as long as you did!
    02-21-18 03:16 PM
    Well ladies and gents, it's time for our 34th and final release of Star Player BlackBerry 10 Edition,

Changelog as follows:

Clean Picker added to the launch into list in settings,

Replaced Sleep Timer timeout list with Slider, 5 minutes all the way up to 5 hours,

Touch Volume Controls for the Internet Radio Player,

Trivial change to the welcome slate on the homescreen (this is what shows when there is no pinned media),

Added little Internet Search button to file properties (Will only work for music),

Added some more topics to the help section,

Swipe art work (Passport keyboard supported as always) left and right to rewind and seek forward on single Audio files(Doesn't work with Playlists as this gesture changes the track) the time it seeks can be changed from the player menu Settings; flick the rewind/forward switch, change the slider then flick off again

Few notes:

The Announcements system will continue to function, this won't be abused and will likely only be used if the Internet Radio list has been updated by myself,

My servers will continue to function until BB shut down BBW or Star Player is removed,

Low level support will be provided afterwards, but it's likely to be 'Reset the App' or just showing people how to work it,

Update will be pushed some time tommorrow (22nd) so I can make some finishing touches.

Lastly I'd like to thank all of my users over the past year and a half, I hope you have all enjoyed watching Star Player evolve as much as I have.

This is pretty much my goodbye to BB10 too, Star Player was the only reason for my BB10 usage, if anyone wants to continue to follow my 6 year venture into the world of development you can find me on Facebook: Allstar Software
    moosbb likes this.
    02-21-18 04:07 PM
    Congratulations Paul on building such a fantastic app and thanks for all the unmatched support for this app. Above and beyond is all I can say.

Cheers.
    02-21-18 05:31 PM
    Build and sent for BlackBerry approval
    Attached Thumbnails Star Player By Allstar Software-untitled.png  
    02-22-18 02:32 PM
    Annd released, 1.32.44 final
    02-23-18 04:57 AM
    I did not plan to use this player earlier... But as as the end was near I decided to press the button and to buy it. Farewell beer money for the developer. Thank you for supporting BB10 in past years.
    02-27-18 03:13 PM
    Star Player for BlackBerry 10 has now been discontinued.

First released in October 2015 Star Player has enjoyed 34 releases over the supported period.

I’d like to put on record my thank you to all Star Player users and a massive thank you to all Star Player testers and developers who have contributed to the project.

The Application itself will continue to function and only the Lyrics Search and Internet Radio have the possibility to stop functioning (please email me if you see a broken Internet Radio station as I can fix that remotely)

We will still provide low level technical support but it will be limited with no guarantee of a reply.

Star Player will be turned into a free Application shortly, this is due to a decision by BlackBerry to force developers to make their Apps free or face having them removed from BBW by 1st April 2018 ( https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-apps-1137981/ )

We only found out about this yesterday
    Cheers for all the support guys !
    Hope to see you all around.
    02-28-18 08:50 AM
    I did not plan to use this player earlier... But as as the end was near I decided to press the button and to buy it. Farewell beer money for the developer. Thank you for supporting BB10 in past years.
    Thanks for that, she still has a lot to give and has a lot of hidden features
    02-28-18 09:05 AM
    Both my paid Apps Star Player and Nightly Clock are now free after been discontinued.
    brookie229 and hazmaju like this.
    03-09-18 07:11 AM
    Both my paid Apps Star Player and Nightly Clock are now free after been discontinued.
    It would be interesting to see the download numbers now!
    03-09-18 08:26 AM
    It would be interesting to see the download numbers now!
    17 as of an hour ago
    03-09-18 08:29 AM
    17 as of an hour ago
    Such a pity, everybody wants everything for free. That is human nature and that is, in a nutshell, the android model and why it is so successful.
    03-09-18 08:31 AM
    BBW is going to be swamped with downloads over the next few months. They won't be used to such action.
    03-09-18 08:34 AM
415 ... 1213141516 ...