Well, now that the new Score- Android version no longer works on BB for push scores (it may if you keep the app running, although I haven't been able to get it to work), what is out there?
    * Yahoo sports crashes on 10.2.1
    * ESPN sports and MLB At Bat require some kind of Google dependencies, which I can't get to download and work properly.

I really only want ML Baseball for the season. Anybody have luck with any app out there?

thanks.
    -GT
    03-05-14 09:17 AM
    I was never able to get push alerts for the Score-Android... still not available now.

I'm at a loss - I've been jumping in on all threads relating to sports apps and push notifications. I have the BB10 Score installed and use it only to see notifications. I use the Android Score to get the info, read news and scores.

If I would find a way to make the alerts from the Android version work on BB10, I would... Skype can, and a handful of other android based apps.
    03-05-14 09:53 AM
    I was never able to get push alerts for the Score-Android... still not available now.

I'm at a loss - I've been jumping in on all threads relating to sports apps and push notifications. I have the BB10 Score installed and use it only to see notifications. I use the Android Score to get the info, read news and scores.

If I would find a way to make the alerts from the Android version work on BB10, I would... Skype can, and a handful of other android based apps.
    I tried loading the old .BAR file for Score Mobile that I used last season; it used to work perfectly. Now it just says "push notifications are no longer available in this version". I'm testing Score Mobile from BB world to see if that works, although I see no way in settings to assign a tone alert?

-Gt
    03-05-14 10:53 AM
    I'm having a hard time with the fact that there is not an app that will push score notifications within BB10. Used to work beautify in OS7. Does anyone know of a good 3rd-party service that will send updates via text messages?

Thanks - Shane
    05-07-14 02:09 PM
    Also in the same boat as you guys. Old bbos score mobile was perfect for me.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 03:25 PM
    The native bb10 theScore app has goal notifications for the major north American sports. While the app could use some polishing, it serves it's purpose.

Alternatively, in the android apps forum there's a tutorial to make any android app headless, so you could try that to get push notifications from the android version of theScore without having the app open all the time.

Edit : just tested the score android app notifications with the app open. No notification at all. Does this match the same experience you guys are having?
    Last edited by Sally Mack; 05-07-14 at 09:24 PM.
    05-07-14 08:20 PM
    Yes matches my experiences.

Surprised we don't have a developer who is willing to take this on. Is it not possible?

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 10:22 PM