Sportrate Fitness Tracker is new sports tracking app for BlackBerry� 10 that will help you in training. With advanced features and charts generating, you can learn a lot more about your route. Because of its innovative interface that features high clarity, it's easier to check results during your race. Of course it has built-in history and fast map that supports multitouch from 10.2 OS.

#Features:
    - Friendly interface
    - great Energy Saving!
    - HQ and very fast Maps
    - offline Charts (beta)
    - *.GPX file export (compatible with Endomondo, Strava, etc. )
    - plenty of sport Activities (running, cycling, skiing etc.)
    - Types of training
    - comments
    - Q10, Q5 dedicated interface
    - it's native app

Sportrate on BlackBerry World

Price: free, $1,99 (basic), $4,99 (advanced)

Sportrate Fitness Tracker-sr-hd2.png
    Sportrate Fitness Tracker-sr-sc1.png
    12-06-13 05:21 PM
    Awesome! Thanks for supporting BB10!
    12-07-13 08:20 AM
    Does it have a HRM function?
    12-10-13 10:49 AM
    Great to see this thread. I'm one of Sportrate developers and want to say that HRM support is very important for us. It is certain that it will be included in one of the future releases, but we have to be sure that it will work properly. Moreover, in December we'll release an update with completely new functions preparing Sportrate for new activities. Follow our fanpages to be up to date.
    12-10-13 11:59 AM
    I would also like to see altitude and total feet climbed added to the screens. Maybe let the user select what information they would like to show. Each sport could have different screens.
    look90 likes this.
    12-10-13 04:39 PM
    Best sports tracking app for free
    12-23-13 07:39 AM
    Love the layout of the info on this app. But the interpretation of the GPS data is interesting. I just did a 5+ mile walk, exported the data to GPX format, imported in into Endomondo, and compared:

Sportrate said:
    5.43 miles
    84.5 minutes
    3.85 mpg ave speed
    152 kcal

Endomondo used the Sportrate GPS data and came up with:
    5.82 miles
    84.5 minutes
    4.1 mpg ave speed
    1,005 kcal burned

That's quite a difference. And the Endomondo data "feels" more correct. Wonder why the difference?
    01-02-14 07:42 PM
    There's a reference to "high quality maps" but when I go to my history and pull up a workout, I can't zoom in on the map. Or am I missing something?

I'd also like to see the charts support landscape mode, which would make them easier to read on my Z10.

I really want to find and use a good native BB10 app instead of Endomondo, which is an Android port, but Endomondo does some nice stuff when it comes to post run/ride/walk stats. CascaRun tracker has nice post workout stats as well. Especially a time-line slider bar that will retrace your steps on the map. Again, love the interface of Sportrate better than anything else I've seen. I went ahead and bought the license, so I hope development continues.
    01-02-14 07:57 PM
    Love the layout of the info on this app. But the interpretation of the GPS data is interesting. I just did a 5+ mile walk, exported the data to GPX format, imported in into Endomondo, and compared:

Sportrate said:
    5.43 miles
    84.5 minutes
    3.85 mpg ave speed
    152 kcal

Endomondo used the Sportrate GPS data and came up with:
    5.82 miles
    84.5 minutes
    4.1 mpg ave speed
    1,005 kcal burned

That's quite a difference. And the Endomondo data "feels" more correct. Wonder why the difference?
    I thought that the Endomondo calories looked high. A quick google found this which is obviously a range/weight

143lbs - 3mph - 20mins/mile - 4 miles - 303 calories - 75/mile
    143lbs - 3mph - 20mins/mile - 5 miles - 379 calories - 75/mile

143lbs - 4mph - 15mins/mile - 4 miles - 325 calories - 81/mile
    143lbs - 5mph - 12mins/mile - 4 miles - 406 calories - 101/mile
    01-02-14 09:04 PM
    Yep, 1000 is a little high since there wasn't much in terms of elevation. At my weight 215 (I am 6' 4" :-)) the calculation I found said about 700 calories. So not 1000, but way more than 150.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 10:50 PM
    I can confirm, that Sportrate will count calories a lot more accurately in the next release. There will be fields to specify your weight etc. Coming soon.
    @Foppa_21 We've responded to your email.
    01-05-14 01:10 PM
    @Foppa_21 We've responded to your email.
    Yep. Thanks for the quick response!

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 03:59 PM
    Anyone use this for cross country skiing?

www.907outdoors.com
    01-12-14 05:13 PM
    Would it be possible to enhance the app with connection to e.g. runtastic.com?
    Since runtastic isn't able to offer a native app, but a buggy Android port for 4,49�...

That would be so cool, i'd even pay for it.

And is ist possible to add more sports, like Crosstrainer e.g..?
    Could that also track the movements when phone is strapped to the arm?
    01-13-14 08:23 AM
    Or a site with an open API and links to other platform's apps, e.g. MyFitnessPal?

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 05:26 PM
    And is ist possible to add more sports, like Crosstrainer e.g..?
    We're adding new activities, but all require GPS connection. Maybe we will add some NON-GPS activities in another release.
    Would it be possible to enhance the app with connection to e.g. runtastic.com?
    We don't plan to do that at this moment. I'm also afraid that Runtastic doesn't provide required APIs.
    But you can use GPX Export option with other services instead.(Runtastic probably doesn't support GPX) It is already implemented in our app.
    01-14-14 10:24 AM
    The Runtastic web site will allow you to manually import GPX. Any comment on MyFitnessPal? Its handy to have your workouts logged as part of a wider keep fit campaign (diet etc.) which the Runtastic and other apps can do automatically, and I believe they are open to new partners.
    01-14-14 04:48 PM
    This feature would be great, but for now we do not plan to add this.
    I'm sure that we'll think about it in the future.
    01-17-14 08:22 AM
    I second the connection to MyFitnessPal. Use that with Endomondo all the time. Would pay for this feature. However, will not use the app without this feature. Will stick with the Endomondo port until such time as Sportrate has this feature.
    02-07-14 09:35 AM
    New version out. Better calorie counting along with some other fixes. Thanks guys.
    02-07-14 11:44 AM
    Update with HRM support is now available at store. ( Sportrate Fitness Tracker - BlackBerry World )

It's important update with new features and bug fixes, so we invite everyone to download.

changelog (1.8.0.10) :
    - Heart Rate Monitors support (BT 4.0 LE Smart)
    - New Activities
    - Calories counting improved
    - Better Energy Saving
    - More accurate data at low GPS coverage
    - some bugs fixed

Regards,
    InspiroSoftware Team
    Foppa_21 likes this.
    02-28-14 03:36 AM
    Nice app, thx for all the functionality.

We're adding new activities, but all require GPS connection. Maybe we will add some NON-GPS activities in another release.
    Yes, please add a non GPS activity if you can. Complementing gym sessions are worth to be logged to have a good track of all training performed (time spent, heart rate) and where no GPS is needed (approx location by cell at start may be worthy, as it doesn't consume additional energy nor needs clear sky view).
    Thanks, Wolf

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 03:40 PM
    Thank you Wolfgan
    Yes, please add a non GPS activity if you can. Complementing gym sessions are worth to be logged to have a good track of all training performed (time spent, heart rate) and where no GPS is needed
    Would you like to specify details like distance, avg speed by yourself, or just use Sportrate for counting time and HR? We've a busy time at studio, so I can't tell you the date of release which will include this feature.
    03-05-14 04:00 PM
    Thank you Wolfgan

Would you like to specify details like distance, avg speed by yourself, or just use Sportrate for counting time and HR? We've a busy time at studio, so I can't tell you the date of release which will include this feature.
    If the fields are present in GPS activities then yes, manual input won't hurt data format consistency, but a notes field would be good as well (ie to note fix cycling sessions, or anaerobic training)
    Thx again!

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 04:21 PM
    I'd still like to see two new features:

1. a pause button

2. Average pace/speed as an option.

For me, pace always seems to jump around, especially when walking. Average pace (in MPH or minutes per mile), would smooth that out.

I love the layout, so ideally the user can choose "average" or "current" for both pace and speed.

Posted with my Z10 via CB10
    03-05-14 04:24 PM
85 123 ...