I downloaded the Spare Phone for $2.99. Spare phone allows you to use Google Voice on. BB10.

The first call worked. Since then the app just freezes. Anyone else buy this app?

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/27406216

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 07:47 AM
    I downloaded the Spare Phone for $2.99. Spare phone allows you to use Google Voice on. BB10.

The first call worked. Since then the app just freezes. Anyone else buy this app?

BlackBerry World - Spare Phone

Posted via CB10
    I haven't tried this app to see what it really offers, but you don't actually need an "app" per se to use Google Voice on BB10.
    It can be replaced with the power of HTML5.
    On your BB10 browser, you can navigate to "www.google.com/voice" and sign in with your Google account. HTML5 enables a dial pad which will connect to your phone's dialer using your Google Voice number.
    You can even save the shortcut to this web page on your phone's home page and it will keep the login credentials for your future calls.
    Google Voice functionality works in both directions. You need to MAKE calls from the browser page's dialer, but you RECEIVE calls whether the browser is open or not, since GV "pushes" incoming calls to your phone with or without the browser being open..
    Last edited by lwaysluking; 04-26-13 at 08:33 PM. Reason: mistaken original url had been quoted
    04-26-13 09:46 AM
    When I go to the page it says "Google Voice not available on mobile devices "?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 12:33 PM
    When I go to the page it says "Google Voice not available on mobile devices "?

Posted via CB10
    What was I thinking???

I'm sorry: Go to "www.google.com/voice" instead from your BB10 browser.

That's what I get for relying on my flawed memory! I'm editing my post above.
    04-26-13 08:30 PM
    The dev is suppose to have an update coming. Let's hope.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 12:09 PM
    I have Spare Phone installed but only need it until Q10 gets updated for wifi calling on TMO as Spare Phone allows wifi calling. I have no problems calling out but could not call in so that Spare Phone intercepts the call via wifi.
    06-10-13 05:09 AM
    reviving an old thread here but i have this installed on my z10 anyone have any luck with this working without the app always running ive tried calling with the app closed and calls odnt get pushed thru if its running it works great am i missing something here?
    03-12-14 05:23 PM