This is the app I been awaiting, if; it has voices for everything preset like the app called Hidden Sentinel which is awesome but not nearly as much as this has but the basics and more..

Does this have voice built in or is it in future plans or must one just add random sounds?

Thanks, DPR

Posted via CB10
    07-26-17 09:41 PM
    Paging @BurningPlatform
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    07-27-17 05:20 PM
    Hello,

Thank you very much for your interest in this app and your kind opinion!

I'm not sure if I understood your question correctly. The app comes with sounds pre-configured for all supported events. So you can either use the default sounds, or you can freely change any of them.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
    07-30-17 05:11 PM
    Hello,

Thank you very much for your interest in this app and your kind opinion!

I'm not sure if I understood your question correctly. The app comes with sounds pre-configured for all supported events. So you can either use the default sounds, or you can freely change any of them.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
    I mean does it speak in voices to state "battery charging, etc" or just sounds we program or preset? Anyway to set googles voice (I have it installed) or any voice like hidden sentinel app if no voices built in? If this has all the speaking voices built in, I am in 100 percent as it'd be hard to remember What sound is for what if it does not speak it out within the English language. Thanks, DPR

Posted via CB10
    07-30-17 11:22 PM
    I mean does it speak in voices to state "battery charging, etc" or just sounds we program or preset? Anyway to set googles voice (I have it installed) or any voice like hidden sentinel app if no voices built in? If this has all the speaking voices built in, I am in 100 percent as it'd be hard to remember What sound is for what if it does not speak it out within the English language. Thanks, DPR
    Currently the app supports sound notifications. Each event has a default sound (chime) assigned to it, and the user can change it to his own sounds.

At this point there is no support for spoken alerts (like "Battery fully charged!" etc.), and I don't know yet if we are ever going to add it. The idea was to offer subtle and unobtrusive notifications (short and undisturbing sounds) rather than have the phone speak in voices to the owner every now and then...

Google TTS engine isn't a perfect choice for an app of this kind because it is an online service, which means that it wouldn't work when your phone isn't connected to the Internet. It would also eat precious (and often costly) data transfer limits when mobile data connection is in use. Besides, it's not clear what are Google's current terms of service, i.e. whether they permit the use of this service in non-Android apps without costly fees, or if they won't restrict it at any time like they did with Maps and Street View. For some time they've been gradually limiting access to their services on non-Android (or non-iOS) devices by setting very small quotas and then requiring high subscription fees. Solutions like eSpeak-NG (which we have fully ported to BB10 and working great on it) seem to be a much better choice for an app of this kind, because they are entirely offline and unrestricted (but at the cost of worse quality, robotic voices).

Anyway, if you would like to have spoken notifications in this app, it is quite easily doable even now, regardless of whether we support it or not. Within less than half an hour or so you can create all the voice alerts yourself. As the app allows the user to use his own sound files for every event, you can simply use any TTS service or software on your PC to record such spoken texts to WAV or MP3 files, copy them to your phone and simply assign them in this app to the corresponding events. This way you'll get exactly what you need and it will work fully offline and using your preferred voice and language...
    07-31-17 01:55 AM
    Currently the app supports sound notifications. Each event has a default sound (chime) assigned to it, and the user can change it to his own sounds.

At this point there is no support for spoken alerts (like "Battery fully charged!" etc.), and I don't know yet if we are ever going to add it. The idea was to offer subtle and unobtrusive notifications (short and undisturbing sounds) rather than have the phone speak in voices to the owner every now and then...

Google TTS engine isn't a perfect choice for an app of this kind because it is an online service, which means that it wouldn't work when your phone isn't connected to the Internet. It would also eat precious (and often costly) data transfer limits when mobile data connection is in use. Besides, it's not clear what are Google's current terms of service, i.e. whether they permit the use of this service in non-Android apps without costly fees, or if they won't restrict it at any time like they did with Maps and Street View. For some time they've been gradually limiting access to their services on non-Android (or non-iOS) devices by setting very small quotas and then requiring high subscription fees. Solutions like eSpeak-NG (which we have fully ported to BB10 and working great on it) seem to be a much better choice for an app of this kind, because they are entirely offline and unrestricted (but at the cost of worse quality, robotic voices).

Anyway, if you would like to have spoken notifications in this app, it is quite easily doable even now, regardless of whether we support it or not. Within less than half an hour or so you can create all the voice alerts yourself. As the app allows the user to use his own sound files for every event, you can simply use any TTS service or software on your PC to record such spoken texts to WAV or MP3 files, copy them to your phone and simply assign them in this app to the corresponding events. This way you'll get exactly what you need and it will work fully offline and using your preferred voice and language...
    Thanks for the explanation it seems like a great app I will follow and maybe get one day when I have time to setup each alert myself to voice. I wonder which alert hidden sentenial uses by David Jones II. I been using that but yours looks much, much more robust minus no voices as again, hard to remember each chime and what it for versus voices. Just an honest opinion.

PS: I wouldn't care if it's was robotic voices.

PPS: is there a sound sceheme for: android runtime loaded from a restart? Or possible? I always click it to soon, hah..

Posted via CB10
    07-31-17 09:34 PM
    BTW: where do I get this e speak?

Posted via CB10
    07-31-17 09:35 PM
    Definitely recommend this app. Been very impressed with it. Burning Platform is a great developer. They basically improve upon the OS in ways that BB should have but never bothered to. Most of his utility apps (powerless, sound scheme etc) should have been built into the OS.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-17 09:36 PM