After emailing them and inquiring about a possible update to the app on BlackBerry World, I got the following response:

Hi,

Thanks for writing in. We are not currently working to update the BlackBerry app but there's always possibility in the future.

Thanks!
    Jordan

Get Songza on the web, iPhone, iPad, Kindle Fire, and Android
    Kind of a bummer they don't even port over an updated version of their Android app as that is exactly what is in BlackBerry World at the moment.
    04-09-14 07:20 PM
    Well that sucks. Looks they went the way of TheScore
    Lots of big names don't update their apps after publishing. Look at Flipboard and Soundcloud ie

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 07:33 PM
    BlackBerry needs to win back some market share (Z3?) and the developers will be back. It's all economics. We shall see.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 07:35 PM
    Songs is so boring there are at least 5 radio or music apps much better than songa

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 07:37 PM
    Which is sad... they announced a native app was in development. I figured they had ditched it after nothing came from them after the announcement. oh well.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 07:39 PM
    Bummer...

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 08:19 PM
    OP: Just to be clear, you misquoted the response. There is a major difference between "no longer developing/maintaining" and "We are not currently working to update the BlackBerry app but there's always possibility in the future".

If something is running "good enough" or "stable", that is a good reason to "not current working to update" but doesn't mean end of lifed. If it stopped working tomorrow, your subject line implies it would not get fixed, ever. When in reality, if it broke tomorrow, "always possibility" it would get fixed and very well would.

Minor, but if someone misquoted me like this, I'd be pissed.
    diegonei likes this.
    04-09-14 08:34 PM
    Not surprising at all. If Chen's consumer handset bets fail in the end, BlackBerry will truly go back to its root being maker of MDM software and specialized handsets that are mandatory for workers in highly regulated industries. Songza developer simply goes into "wait and see" mode. Recall that many big name app makers did at least promise their apps prior to 01/30/2013 launch date of BlackBerry 10 and some of them did deliver on their promises one way or the other. That was when "hope" was high in the air. Now, it is all sullen and gloomy.
    04-09-14 08:38 PM
    OP: Just to be clear, you misquoted the response. There is a major difference between "no longer developing/maintaining" and "We are not currently working to update the BlackBerry app but there's always possibility in the future".

If something is running "good enough" or "stable", that is a good reason to "not current working to update" but doesn't mean end of lifed. If it stopped working tomorrow, your subject line implies it would not get fixed, ever. When in reality, if it broke tomorrow, "always possibility" it would get fixed and very well would.

Minor, but if someone misquoted me like this, I'd be pissed.
    Well considering the last update in BlackBerry World was in July 2013 and the last update in iTunes was Feb 22, 2014 and Google Play was March 7th, 2014, it fair to say the development/maintenance has stopped.
    04-09-14 08:53 PM
    Has anyone just tried loading the android version using snap?

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 10:33 AM
    BlackBerry needs to win back some market share (Z3?) and the developers will be back. It's all economics. We shall see.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think Z3 will win back market share "globally". It's region specific and probably won't be released for a while with LTE band support.

Q20 will be the decider. It will show how many people missed their "BELT" functions from BBOS7 hopefully upgrading people.
    04-10-14 12:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    I tried it because I could only get it from snap being in Japan right now. My Z30 running 2234 HATED it. It would play like 10 seconds then crash. Or it would just stop streaming after 30 seconds being in the background. Open it back up and it would crash. I'm running the BlackBerry World version now.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 08:22 PM
    Can't say I blame them with the remarks attributed to JC over the past 6 months.

Enterprise doesn't need this app.
    If BlackBerry stops making phones why continue.
    If BBOS continues to out sell BB10 why continue.

I'm sure all the freebies and perks BlackBerry tossed at Dev's are history.

Only solid sales will solve this issue now.

Posted via Verizon Z10 - OS v10.1.2.2174
    04-10-14 10:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    The current Android version installed via Snap works very well for me. Interface has been updated and is nicer than the BlackBerry World version.
    04-10-14 10:09 PM
    Well considering the last update in BlackBerry World was in July 2013 and the last update in iTunes was Feb 22, 2014 and Google Play was March 7th, 2014, it fair to say the development/maintenance has stopped.
    I'm saying its not fair to say this. Someone may cancel service, saying its because they are no longer supporting BlackBerry, and that customer support rep could get in $hit. If they wanted to say "no longer developing", they would have said it themselves. So assuming something and saying it as fact are not the same. I guess I'm sensitive to this as I have a parallel thing going at work and so I know it means more than you think.

It may very well be true, but its not your place to say it.
    04-10-14 11:58 PM
    Meh... that's lame. They even got in front of the audience at last BB Jam in April last year saying they were developping a native app. I see not only BlackBerry can't support their promise (PB reference), but I guess if the market changes, they do as well.

I even sent them a big nice letter saying how I was using their app, phone or desktop, and would subscribe at their paying service if they released their BB10 app they said they would do anyway. I got no answer. Neither on Twitter. Ugly PR.
    04-15-14 09:10 AM