Hi everyone,

Got a weird problem around here.

I bought a Classic a few months ago to move on from my old Q10 and everything's working fine, except the BlackBerry World, I guess.

Some of my apps don't want to update even if the update is here, and I'm forced to run them with outdated versions. The thing is that I'm running that apps on my Q10 and they're absolutely up to date.

For example, on my Q10 the Euronews App is on 1.2.3.32, but I can't pass through 1.1.0.25 on my Classic.

Any ideas ? What can I do for that ? Why is it working on a older device ?

Thx !!

Posted via CB10 with a classy French Classic
    04-15-17 04:31 AM
    Hi everyone,

Got a weird problem around here.

I bought a Classic a few months ago to move on from my old Q10 and everything's working fine, except the BlackBerry World, I guess.

Some of my apps don't want to update even if the update is here, and I'm forced to run them with outdated versions. The thing is that I'm running that apps on my Q10 and they're absolutely up to date.

For example, on my Q10 the Euronews App is on 1.2.3.32, but I can't pass through 1.1.0.25 on my Classic.

Any ideas ? What can I do for that ? Why is it working on a older device ?

Thx !!

Do you see updates available in BBW on your Classic handset?

If yes, and you are unable to download that update; then it is most probably network related issue, and it should solve itself when you connect to a good Wifi and try again.

If no, you don't see any updates at all; then refresh BBW and try again (Swipe down from top, Settings>General>Refresh BlackBerry World.).
    04-15-17 07:15 AM
    i got few app stop working last week. download again, still not working. I delete them and head for the others. (all free apps).
    04-15-17 08:52 AM
    I have the same problem with euronews app on a classic. I have updated the classic to 10.3.3 using a autoloader and I have not restored a previous backup the I started installing the apps from BBW. Euronews app is older than that on my passport and BBW shows no update no matter what. On the Classic, prior to the update, I had exactly the same apps as on the passport. There is no problem with the net connection, I have been able to install updates for neutron and browsie, for example.
    04-15-17 10:22 AM
    I have the same problem with euronews app on a classic. I have updated the classic to 10.3.3 using a autoloader and I have not restored a previous backup the I started installing the apps from BBW. Euronews app is older than that on my passport and BBW shows no update no matter what. On the Classic, prior to the update, I had exactly the same apps as on the passport. There is no problem with the net connection, I have been able to install updates for neutron and browsie, for example.
    Yeah I guess we've got the same problem here. My connections are good, there's just no updates.

And it's not the OS version, because I'm still on 10.3.2.

04-15-17 01:16 PM
    Did you choose the classic knowing it has the same specs as the q10?

Posted via CB10
    04-16-17 05:32 PM
    Did you choose the classic knowing it has the same specs as the q10?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah. I chose it for the form factor, the better keyboard feeling and the toolbelt. Quite handy to hang up the phone with one click instead of tapping the screen.

But I didn't expect my old Q10 would have some apps more updated that the Classic.

04-17-17 03:57 AM
    Yeah. I chose it for the form factor, the better keyboard feeling and the toolbelt. Quite handy to hang up the phone with one click instead of tapping the screen.

But I didn't expect my old Q10 would have some apps more updated that the Classic.

it is a really premium phone and the toolbelt is super handy. I miss being able to hang up with a button!

Also, hadn't heard of the app differences before, what's that about?

Posted via CB10
    04-17-17 04:43 AM
    Same problem with Euronews--- on my Passport available Only old version.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-17 05:53 AM
    There is definitely a problem with euronews app. I have tested with a Q10 and it receives version 1.1.0.25. The same version is received by a passport. On my passport SE the installed version is 1.2.3.32.
    Is is not possible to update the old version, tried on classic, Q10 and passport . There must be something wrong with the app itself.
    04-18-17 04:56 AM
    I had a problem with my GPS app, it had me update android runtime, here's what it said (in the link), maybe it's true for other apps?
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/44790

Posted via CB10
    05-04-17 08:48 AM
    Not sure if this helps but whenever I check BBW I have to manually refresh to pull updates

Posted via CB10
    05-05-17 12:52 AM
    Yesterday I have found out that when I check in BB world the Euronews app, which is installed on my passport SE, I get "Unavailable for this device". I will check in the evening with the classic to see if it is the same.
    Might be Euronews app is EOL?
    07-24-17 04:18 AM