05-18-14 01:17 PM
38 12
tools
    The reason why it needs to be restored just because in this leak you have no way to enter your facebook account name in setting, you can only enter the password. Your backup file has your account info, so basically the restoration enters the account name for you(although you can't really see it there). I believe this issue is only existed in some of the old leaks. If your using the latest OS, you can just ignore what I mentioned in this post.

Posted via my beautiful customized DAC.
    Well I am using the latest OS (official release). The problem started when I logged out of the account to let a friend use it and then when I tried to log that friend out, the process got stuck and I sort of ended the process. Thinking everything went as it should I tried logging into my account only to see that it says my session has expired and leaving me with no way of adding the FB account again i.e. the option is completely missing.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 03:10 AM
    Does this integrate it into the hub?
    No, it does not, but still more flexible to use this one as the browser.
    02-25-14 11:10 AM
    Well I am using the latest OS (official release). The problem started when I logged out of the account to let a friend use it and then when I tried to log that friend out, the process got stuck and I sort of ended the process. Thinking everything went as it should I tried logging into my account only to see that it says my session has expired and leaving me with no way of adding the FB account again i.e. the option is completely missing.

Posted via CB10
    Oh I see. I had the same issue before, I simply didn't see any options for adding my FB account back in the setting while the app asked me to re-login. I'll suggest you to install 10.2.1.537, that's an excellent OS(at least for me). With that OS, you can even load android. Apk installation file on your device directly.

02-25-14 09:46 PM
    Ya my Facebook option in the accounts doesn't even show up

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 07:20 PM
    Same issue for me. Nothing I've tried from these forums has worked.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 10:00 PM
    I deleted fb to see if it increased battery life, so I deleted everything out of accounts, slowly I'm adding all things back but now I can't get fb or twitter options in accounts

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 10:52 PM
    I'm having the same issue as PPs -- FB doesn't even appear as an option in Accounts for me, leaving me unable to even attempt to log in.

I've tried reboots, battery pulls, and multiple uninstalls and reinstalls of the app. Any other suggestions/solutions?
    03-12-14 02:58 PM
    I'm having the same issue as PPs -- FB doesn't even appear as an option in Accounts for me, leaving me unable to even attempt to log in.

I've tried reboots, battery pulls, and multiple uninstalls and reinstalls of the app. Any other suggestions/solutions?
    Read the post

03-14-14 01:01 PM
    I had the same issue as many of you do. I own a Z30 and couldn't login to facebook and there was no way to add an account as some users suggest. I even tried security wipe and restore a back up with no success so I decided to try different options to the this thing resolved and I found a way that worked for me. After a wipe I tried restoring the back up piece by piece (settings, media, and apps) and I found out that in my case, just after the wipe facebook would login just fine but after restoring my settings from my backup, everything would mess up again. With this finding, this is what I did to get facebook to work with out losing all my data =)

1) Do a full backup of your device
    2) Perform a security wipe
    3) Restore only the apps and your media (if any)
    4) Manually re-add your accounts (email, linkedin, facebook) etc.

This method allowed me to restore all my data, get facebook to work and do minimal "recovery" since all I had to do was re-add my email and linked in accounts.

Hope this helps some of the folks that continue to have this frustrating problem.
    03-20-14 09:32 AM
    So don't restore settings? Just restore everything else?

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 05:59 PM
    Figured it out. Deleted the Good App I had installed through Snap. Facebook account showed up again in accounts. Other forums had mentioned deleting android apps. That did it.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 11:30 PM
    THANK YOU LIFE SAVER

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 05:06 PM
    Samxodemon your solution worked for me. When doing the restore, I chose settings and media and had to re-enter all my accounts info for the hub and I am back up and running with facebook.
    Thank you!!!
    05-18-14 01:17 PM
38 12