Many have bemoaned the loss of The Score support for BlackBerry 10.

Scoremobile FC uses to be the "go to"app for soccer fans and what made that app great (cream of the crop) in legacy devices was the instant score push alerts and the ability to follow your favorite teams.

As a die hard soccer fan I searched high and low for a workable soccer app that had live score push alert updates. Many couldn't live up to their claims and if they did push, those alerts would come 5-10 min late if they came at all.

Well after installing and un installing many a soccer app that claimed to work (but didn't) I've finally found one that works. (used it daily for over a week now)

The app is FOTMOB and is available from the Amazon app store.

It is loaded with customization features and you can pick your favorite leagues to follow on the daily scoreboard.

You will get the occasional message that you need access to Google play services but ignore the message, you don't.

Best part, REAL TIME LIVE GOAL PUSH NOTIFICATIONS WORK And scores are pushed to your notifications in your hub. You can customize the tones etc for goals and match start/end. Scores are pushed usually within 30 seconds. You can select your polling options in the settings.

Works headless too but sometimes scores are pushed (touch and go) but leaving the tile open ensures constant functionality.

Get FotMob from the Amazon Appstore. Check it out - Amazon.com: FotMob - World Cup 2014: Appstore for Android

Click and hold the league if you want all scores from that league pushed for that day or pick only the games you want to follow.

Goodbye Scoremobile FC.... FOTMOB is the solution for soccer fans. It's not native but it works which diminishes the Score's argument regarding push services because if this developer can make it work, Score could make it work if they wanted.

Being an Android app the only flaw is that loading some pages is slow but nothing critical.

Hope you soccer fans give it a whirl.

Cheers

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    12-06-14 12:30 PM
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 12:37 PM
    Just loaded it. It is awesome. Thanks.
    12-06-14 12:43 PM
    Thanks for the heads up! Works great for me
    12-08-14 02:29 PM
    Can you guide me how to get goal notifications in hub specific to premier league and champions league!?

Posted via CB10 on my Smart Black Z10
    12-08-14 05:01 PM
    Can you guide me how to get goal notifications in hub specific to premier league and champions league!?

Sure, first make sure you select the league as a league you want to follow. If you then hold down the league you should see a black menu come up and the option to selection Notifications on. Or you can one press any game to pull up the menu.

You can also enter the game or the league and make the symbol that looks like the "bell" is highlighted.

Also you can highlight the "bell" looking symbol and you will see it appear next to all games and then you select the games you want.

Feel free to ask more if you need help.

In settings I use cricket for start and end notification and tinkerbell for goal alerts.

For an entire league, long hold it and the option to turn on notifications for all the games on that match day will appear.

12-09-14 12:40 AM
    I concur with the OP. I've been a FOTMOB Gold member for years( back when it was offered) . It's the best football app out there imo.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    12-09-14 01:06 AM
    Sure, first make sure you select the league as a league you want to follow. If you then hold down the league you should see a black menu come up and the option to selection Notifications on. Or you can one press any game to pull up the menu.

You can also enter the game or the league and make the symbol that looks like the "bell" is highlighted.

Also you can highlight the "bell" looking symbol and you will see it appear next to all games and then you select the games you want.

Feel free to ask more if you need help.

In settings I use cricket for start and end notification and tinkerbell for goal alerts.

For an entire league, long hold it and the option to turn on notifications for all the games on that match day will appear.

Okay so I have highlighted the bells on Premier League and Champions league. Hopefully ill get notifications tonight for the Champions league games.

12-09-14 01:31 AM
    Best part, REAL TIME LIVE GOAL PUSH NOTIFICATIONS WORK And scores are pushed to your notifications in your hub. You can customize the tones etc for goals and match start/end. Scores are pushed usually within 30 seconds. You can select your polling options in the settings.
    Subscribed to champions league today. Yes, the app pushes goal notifications to the hub but without any info for which match. And you can't open the app or the match from the hub. But apart from the hub/notification problem Fotmob is a real good soccer app.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 02:38 PM
    Please. It's football! Not soccer, ffs!

But thanks for an alternative. Hopefully we can find a native one.
    12-09-14 02:46 PM
    I wish more people would use SockerTicker. Maybe then they could be persuaded to update their app with new features.

It already pushes some news for English/International games (but I can't find anywhere to change this), it shows several news sources and most leagues and allows you to add some games to the Calendar for reminders.
    It also shows information on the Active Frame

EDIT: I can't find FotMob on my Passport. Might not be whitelisted yet.

BlackBerry Passport signed @ C0007CC89
    12-09-14 03:05 PM
    This is how the notifications look in the hub for selected games

Soccer Fans: I've found a great App for you all-img_20141209_160716.png

12-09-14 03:08 PM
    Cool, will definitely give that app a try

Posted via Cb10
    12-09-14 03:15 PM
    This is how the notifications look in the hub for selected games

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141209_160716.png 
Views:	725 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	319682

What OS do you have on your phone? I'm on 10.3.1 and I don't see the match result. I just see a black screen when I touch the goal notification.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 03:22 PM
    I wish more people would use SockerTicker. Maybe then they could be persuaded to update their app with new features.
    SoccerTicker is too unreliable. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Like today. Stuck on the initial screen.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 03:33 PM
    What OS do you have on your phone? I'm on 10.3.1 and I don't see the match result. I just see a black screen when I touch the goal notification.

Posted via CB10
    Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3442

12-11-14 07:56 AM
    Worked very well for my matches yesterday. Thanks for the heads up man!
    12-11-14 10:40 AM
    Worked very well for my matches yesterday. Thanks for the heads up man!
    Cheers glad I could help.

12-13-14 10:10 PM
    Liverpool vs. Man United tomorrow !

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    12-14-14 12:00 AM
    Awesome, thanks a bunch!
    12-16-14 10:03 PM
    Glad you found an app that works for you.

Posted via CB10
    drfever likes this.
    12-16-14 10:14 PM
    Great app thx

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 08:56 PM
    The app doesn't notify until it's open. Any fix for this issue?
    05-20-15 05:01 AM
    The app doesn't notify until it's open. Any fix for this issue?
    The app doesn't have to stay open. Fotmob runs in the background. But in contrast to other Android apps Fotmob doesn't seem to start automatically after a restart of the phone. So you have to open and close Fotmob once after a phone restart.

A classic post via CB10 app
    gilbert khayat likes this.
    05-21-15 02:42 PM
    I love this app. Have used this app the entire Premier League season and have enjoyed it thoroughly. Great to check lineups, minute by minute commentary, goals and assists as well.

A great find by the original poster. I thank you.

05-21-15 04:37 PM