Wondering how BlackBerry can emphasize to big name developers that many game developers are on board and they should be too

I'm getting really tired of having to wait for a response from many development teams for staple apps like my bank, coffee chains, e-retailers, navigation services, public transit etc. Lol

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 11:38 PM
    It is somewhat disheartening knowing that you'll probably never get the apps you want. Example CIBC mobile payments app that I had on my 9900
    gng11 likes this.
    09-06-13 11:41 PM
    Yeah. Sad we probably won't get them.

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    gng11 likes this.
    09-06-13 11:51 PM
    It is somewhat disheartening knowing that you'll probably never get the apps you want. Example CIBC mobile payments app that I had on my 9900
    Isn't CIBC on BB10?
    09-07-13 04:08 AM
    So apparently Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) had their app in the works for months, is expected to launch at the end of September:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...10-app-815114/

and then this came along:

RBC and Bell to launch secure mobile payments solution
    rbc.com - RBC - Media Newsroom

By the end of this year, RBC and Bell Mobility customers will be able to securely pay for transactions with their RBC debit or credit cards using the BlackBerry Z10, Q10, Bold 9900, Bold 9790 or Curve 9360, and a range of Android devices from manufacturers such as Samsung, Sony, HTC, LG and more.

"Canada's largest banking institution and Canada's largest communications company are working closely together to ensure reliability, security and ease of use in mobile commerce," said Wade Oosterman, President of Bell Mobility and Residential Services, and Chief Brand Officer at Bell. "With RBC and Bell, mobile commerce just got better."
    That is if your Z10/Q10 is on Bell...
    09-07-13 04:13 AM
    Ditto...bank app from BOA and travel app from airline carriers that worked well on OS7 are non existent for OS10. How are you supposed to "Keep Moving" when these types of KEY apps are now where in sight?

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 04:14 AM
    Developers really should open to the fact that BB users are probably one of the most developer-friendly, developer-loyal bunch and WILL pay for their apps.
    09-07-13 04:27 AM
    Kind of ironic considering the whole "tools, not toys" nonsense.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    09-07-13 07:41 PM
    So apparently Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) had their app in the works for months, is expected to launch at the end of September:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...10-app-815114/

and then this came along:

RBC and Bell to launch secure mobile payments solution
    rbc.com - RBC - Media Newsroom

That is if your Z10/Q10 is on Bell...
    It better not be just for Bell, or I will freak lol I better be able to use it (to pay) on Rogers too.. time will tell I guess

Posted from my Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1443
    09-07-13 07:55 PM
    Developers really should open to the fact that BB users are probably one of the most developer-friendly, developer-loyal bunch and WILL pay for their apps.
    My point too.
    09-07-13 08:02 PM
    I sent an email to Mobiata, creator of Flightboard (widely popular on Android and iOS) in March, and this was their response then:

Kristina (Mobiata | User Happiness)
    Mar 29 16:14 (UTC)
    Dear gng11,
    Thank you for your enduring interest. While I wish I could give you a timeline for a decision on whether we will redesign the app for BlackBerry 10, there isn't any definitive answer yet. I can tell you it will be some time before any decision is made. I'm sorry that is all I can tell you at this time.
    Regards,
    Kristina
    User Advocate
    Mobiata User Happiness Team
    09-08-13 02:35 AM
    Same thing happened with the PlayBook. Perhaps they should move their games guy over to the general apps section as he apparently can get things done!

Posted via CB10
    gng11 likes this.
    09-08-13 11:02 AM
    Same thing happened with the PlayBook. Perhaps they should move their games guy over to the general apps section as he apparently can get things done!

Posted via CB10
    Good idea! I've always had that thought in the back of my mind too.
    09-10-13 03:10 AM
    I've been emailing RBC ([email protected]) about once every two months for updates. This is their latest:

"Our development team is working on upgrading our apps adding more features and functions. We are working on the BB10 app for the Q10 and Z10 and plan on launching this app at the end of September 2013. Thank you for your patience during this development."

Keep emailing/tweeting the developers of the apps you want. I'm really not a big mobile gamer, so its frustrating to see so many big ticket games released and must-have apps still on the backburner.

Look at the thread in my signature, the contact info for just about every developer holding out is there.
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    09-10-13 07:34 AM
    I've been emailing RBC ([email protected]) about once every two months for updates. This is their latest:

"Our development team is working on upgrading our apps adding more features and functions. We are working on the BB10 app for the Q10 and Z10 and plan on launching this app at the end of September 2013. Thank you for your patience during this development."

Keep emailing/tweeting the developers of the apps you want. I'm really not a big mobile gamer, so its frustrating to see so many big ticket games released and must-have apps still on the backburner.

Look at the thread in my signature, the contact info for just about every developer holding out is there.
    Rbc's BlackBerry 10 release has been known and talked about for about a month now

Posted from my Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1443
    09-10-13 08:24 AM
    In my case, from the Dominican Republic, I used to have my local bank 'Banco Popular Dominicano' official App, Yellow Pager, App for local TV programming, American Airlines (which is the company I work for), local Map/GPS, Movie App, just to name a few, in my previous Bold, but now, all of them are missing.

That's the only thing I won't ever understand. How come those apps, and more other, like Shazam, we're and are still available for older models and not for BB10... still hopefull!

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 08:44 AM
    Rbc's BlackBerry 10 release has been known and talked about for about a month now
    I know, but I'll believe it when I see it.
    09-10-13 09:54 AM
    In my case, from the Dominican Republic, I used to have my local bank 'Banco Popular Dominicano' official App, Yellow Pager, App for local TV programming, American Airlines (which is the company I work for), local Map/GPS, Movie App, just to name a few, in my previous Bold, but now, all of them are missing.

That's the only thing I won't ever understand. How come those apps, and more other, like Shazam, we're and are still available for older models and not for BB10... still hopefull!
    Add the apps you're missing to my list so others can keep the pressure on them as well. (see my signature)
    09-10-13 10:01 AM

That's the only thing I won't ever understand. How come those apps, and more other, like Shazam, we're and are still available for older models and not for BB10
    That really is a tragedy. How can BlackBerry expect loyal legacy users to graduate to the new platform if the apps they use on a daily basis are nowhere to be found?
    09-10-13 10:11 AM
    Game developers realize a gain from each new user by way of in-game purchases or the price of the game.

Other apps don't see that direct reward, so they have less incentive to spend time coding and doing maintenance for a platform that isn't popular.

For example Netflix or Snapchat don't get more revenue from each new BB10 app download (if they had an app that is).

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 10:32 AM
    I'm sure BlackBerry has tried hard to get them on board but for whatever reason the big name apps don't understand is that BlackBerry users are willing to pay for the apps and are willing to support them.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 01:03 AM
    I'm sure BlackBerry has tried hard to get them on board but for whatever reason the big name apps don't understand is that BlackBerry users are willing to pay for the apps and are willing to support them.

Posted via CB10
    The problem is BB10 sales have been very low. BlackBerry users aren't upgrading from BBOS to BB10 in considerable numbers. I see plenty of posts from people that haven't upgraded and in other posts they wonder why the platform isn't taking off. If the base doesn't switch, why should the devs put an effort in. It's now been two years since the last major BBOS launch of the 9900, 9850 and 9810.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 06:05 AM
    Snapchat did not even respond to my e-mail. Rude.
    09-13-13 06:04 PM
    Giving the lack of big bank apps, I have a suggestion: visit their mobile sites using your BlackBerry phone. This is the best way for them to have some usage stats of BB10. Perhaps then they may consider making an app for it.

Post via CB Z10
    app_Developer and Sexy Sadie like this.
    09-13-13 07:18 PM
    Giving the lack of big bank apps, I have a suggestion: visit their mobile sites using your BlackBerry phone. This is the best way for them to have some usage stats of BB10. Perhaps then they may consider making an app for it.
    That's exactly how are monitoring WP8 and BB10 demand among our customers. We're watching use of the mobile site. When those numbers get to a reasonable level, we can make the case to our management for budget for WP8 and/or BB10 apps. Until then we can't.

Thanks for your post.

BTW, the reason you see certain games first is because those types of games are much easier to port and support on BB10, because some games have very limited dependencies on Android and iOS APIs. Other apps can be much more time-consuming, because they have much greater dependencies on Android or iOS APIs.
    Last edited by app_Developer; 09-13-13 at 09:28 PM.
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    09-13-13 07:23 PM
26 12