Then why aren't developers doing it? In fact, blackberry has offered to help different developers to get their app on the platform. Kind of makes you think something else is going on, doesn't it?

For those blaming blackberry for lack of apps and ecosystem, take another hard look.
    10-08-13 09:30 AM
    I'm no expert , but, the few apps I've sideloaded has been less than a rewarding experience. I've ended up deleting them.
    10-08-13 09:35 AM
    OK, so what else is going on?
    10-08-13 09:35 AM
    They are being paid way more to develop for other platforms and are fan boys like us. The other thing is the misconception that BlackBerry's only for work and not play.... I mean isn't that why the PlayBook was called the PlayBook without the email and the calendar. BlackBerry is obviously trying to make the devices more well rounded and stuff. Also other platforms are threatened. Give BlackBerry to bieber see how many will buy it lol even though I hate that dude lol

Join my bbm channel tech heads C00122D07
    10-08-13 09:39 AM
    OK, so what else is going on?
    Well, first of all, look who owns instagram. And I can't really think of a valid reason why Netflix wouldn't want more customers, can you?
    10-08-13 09:43 AM
    Then why aren't developers doing it? In fact, blackberry has offered to help different developers to get their app on the platform. Kind of makes you think something else is going on, doesn't it?

For those blaming blackberry for lack of apps and ecosystem, take another hard look.
    porting is only part of it. Once its there then you have to support that app with fixes, features, etc. You cant just port it and forget about it.
    10-08-13 09:52 AM
    A related question. Is there any way to have BlackBerry out something into the OS so that when Google Play stuff is not found, the apps don't automatically fail? That could be part of the issue here. If the developers code that in, and have to take it out when porting to BlackBerry then it is again, work they have to do.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 10:02 AM
    Well, first of all, look who owns instagram. And I can't really think of a valid reason why Netflix wouldn't want more customers, can you?
    As has been discussed quite often, making a BB10 app won't necessarily net new customers for Netflix.
    10-08-13 10:23 AM
    I've politely let a number of developers know (who had previously told me they weren't planning on developing for BB10) that I had gone ahead and converted their Android app to BB10 and confirmed that it is working perfectly. In some cases I even sent them a bar file to get their hands on a 10 and try for themselves. Then told them that they could literally get their app on another platform over a lunch hour or two and explained how the apk to bar process, developer account, sign bar file, submitting to BBWorld works.

A few replied basically saying they could care less, but some were actually interested and didn't realize it was actually that easy. I should ask BB for a commission for each developer I bring to TeamBB lol.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    10-08-13 08:24 PM