I really have no personal need for this app on my Z30, but wanted to at least test it out, so I could show others we have it.

My son sent me a message from his iPhone, which I never got until I "opened" my Android version installed from SNAP. Is this how it's supposed to work? If so isn't it kind of pointless? IE if the App has to be open to receive a message, unlike BBM or Text or anything else that goes to the hub.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 05:01 PM
    If you use Snap2Chat, even if the app is closed you will still be able to receive notifications like BBM only the Pro version though

Posted via CB10
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    07-30-14 05:07 PM
    I had both versions yours and the one via SNAP, I didn't get a notification, I should add that I'm unable to "take a picture" using yours. Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3247

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 05:15 PM
    It won't let you take pictures If you didn't allowed the app to access shared files permissions, microphone and camera.

Also only the SnapChat Pro version will let you receive notifications

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 07:41 PM
    Notifications work perfectly if you get the pro version. Plus u should the permissions to get everything work properly..

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 05:36 AM
    I think what we also should mention rather than just selling an ap is that the android version from snap will not run headless. It has to be in active frame state to receive notifications and even then I don't know if it will use push notifications.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 05:45 AM
    Another argument for full Android functionality v compatibility. Enough with the half baked plan. Go full android or don't bother BlackBerry.

Now back to the subject, which version should I get for my Z30 so that I receive message notifications without requiring the app to be open? The $1.99 Snap2Chat client?

Thanks in advance

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    08-01-14 09:48 PM
    Another argument for full Android functionality v compatibility. Enough with the half baked plan. Go full android or don't bother BlackBerry.

Now back to the subject, which version should I get for my Z30 so that I receive message notifications without requiring the app to be open? The $1.99 Snap2Chat client?

Thanks in advance

Yes the $1.99 version

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 08:27 PM
    I went ahead and gave some support love to the makers of the native BlackBerry snap2chat. I bought it.

One difference I'm seeing between the BlackBerry version and the ANDROID version I downloaded via snap; Video quality. The BlackBerry videos look pixilated and much lower res than the Android version. I even upped the settings in advanced settings.

Anyone else notice this?

If I have one concern over all of this is just be careful what you "snap chat" with. There are apps that save the stuff you send on the recipient's device and snap2chat BlackBerry native has a feature in settings to keep the snap until you decide to delete it. So the misconception that snaps are deleted once viewed is incorrect and dangerous if using the apps irresponsibly.

08-03-14 12:37 PM