Customer: I'm looking for a new smartphone and I've been eyeing this new BlackBerry Z10/Z30.

Sales Rep: Sure no problem....etc etc blah blah blah.

Customer: Does it have Snapchat?

Sales Rep: They have their version of it, I can't remember the name. Just search for Snapchat in BlackBerry World and it will show up.

Customer: Oh man. I love Snapchat. So I can still send messages to my friends on that have the normal Snapchat app and do everything that app can?

Sales Rep: Yes. Plus BlackBerry World has a custom app for Vine and Instagram too.
    Ha ha ha LOL.

Here's the "show them which phone" protocol

Looking for...
    Apps: iPhone, Android device.
    Camera: iPhone, Android device, Windows
    Specs and customization: iPhone, Android device
    Security: iPhone, BlackBerry (barely anymore)
    Keyboard: BlackBerry

If you really think carrier sales reps are knowledgeable about what third-party apps are available, then you my friend are a true BBRY fan boy. They know 5 things: 1. Sell a device; 2. Apple and Android has EVERYTHING; 3. Sell a device; 4. Sell Accessory; 5.Sell Insurance
    Nemzy likes this.
    04-23-14 11:24 AM
    It's better than nothing.

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree that it's better than nothing. I'm downloading it for sure.

I just speak from a "moving BBRY forward" perspective. In the eyes of the common smartphone consumer and not a BBRY loyalist.
    04-23-14 11:27 AM
    Congratulations to all that helped and specialty the developer
    Snap2Chat got approved!!!-img_20140423_190942.png

Posted from my flagship Z30 10.2.1.2947/2759
    04-23-14 12:20 PM
    Why should anyone dictate someone what app one needs. Facebook was on Blackberry 10 on the get go. No one make a big stink about it.
    04-23-14 01:14 PM
    Why should anyone dictate someone what app one needs. Facebook was on Blackberry 10 on the get go. No one make a big stink about it.
    It was one of the first ones I deleted too but I don't care if others use it.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 01:43 PM
    Ha ha ha LOL.

Here's the "show them which phone" protocol

Looking for...
    Apps: iPhone, Android device.
    Camera: iPhone, Android device, Windows
    Specs and customization: iPhone, Android device
    Security: iPhone, BlackBerry (barely anymore)
    Keyboard: BlackBerry

If you really think carrier sales reps are knowledgeable about what third-party apps are available, then you my friend are a true BBRY fan boy. They know 5 things: 1. Sell a device; 2. Apple and Android has EVERYTHING; 3. Sell a device; 4. Sell Accessory; 5.Sell Insurance
    What are you smoking man?

Specs and customization iPhone?

Security iPhone? And somehow BlackBerry is barely secure anymore?

Zee coolest flicking smartphone evah
    sheailewis1 likes this.
    04-23-14 02:42 PM
    What are you smoking man?

Specs and customization iPhone?

Security iPhone? And somehow BlackBerry is barely secure anymore?

Not my opinion, just reality of how it is at carrier stores.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 05:45 PM
    Not my opinion, just reality of how it is at carrier stores.

Posted via CB10
    Reality of what? Is iphones full of specs? No! Is it really secure no! Is it customizable? No!

Idk if that's what reality is indeed it at stores but I hope no

04-23-14 06:27 PM
    Reality of what? Is iphones full of specs? No! Is it really secure no! Is it customizable? No!

Idk if that's what reality is indeed it at stores but I hope no

The scenario is what the customer comes in looking for. In those scenarios the sales associate will recommend the listed operating system.

It was not a statement of what is TRUE, it is a statement of what happens at a carrier store when a customer comes in asking for a feature.

The reps may be wrong (they are), but that it was happens in store.

Posted via CB10
    walt63 likes this.
    04-23-14 07:38 PM
    I dont know if anyone posted this link or not, but it looks like it will be here, at the latest, by the end of this month!
    Thanks NemOry!

iGrann, Whine, now Snap2Chat Approved for BlackBerry World - N4BB
    Nemory Studios likes this.
    04-23-14 07:44 PM
    Awesome!

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 08:29 PM
    Not really. It's great for the Crackberry community but not for BlackBerry in general.

Picture this...

Customer: I'm looking for a new smartphone and I've been eyeing this new BlackBerry Z10/Z30.

Sales Rep: Sure no problem....etc etc blah blah blah.

Customer: Does it have Snapchat?

Sales Rep: No.

Customer: Oh man. I love Snapchat. That sucks. Maybe I'll look at the new Samsung.

Sales Rep: Well let me show you one. Plus they have Snapchat and Instagram too.

No one outside of the Crackberry community knows about Snap2Chat, Whine, or iGrann. They do know about Snapchat, Vine, and Instagram.

So BlackBerry won't gain anything from these third-party apps but a happy Crackberry community. And clearly, that's not enough to take BB10 anywhere.

Posted via CB10
    Real life customer, sales rep conversations would go like this:

Sales Rep: Why would you want a BlackBerry? They are going out of business.

Posted with my BlackBerry Q10.
    04-24-14 12:28 AM
    Ported?

? Slicing using my ?
    No. Native BlackBerry app.

04-24-14 12:30 AM
    Did instagram approve of igrann??

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Instagram's TOS do not require their approval for 3rd party apps.

04-24-14 12:31 AM
    So they refuse to support BlackBerry 10 but have an issue when someone else decides to?
    I’m sure there are lots of trademark and customer satisfaction considerations here. Imagine if the app would not live up to SnapChat’s standards, it could still leave a bad reputation for them as a platform (e.g. people confusing the app with the service). Or if a third-party developer earns some good money with his own app, while basically free-riding on SnapChat’s product and servers. Some companies simply want to stay in control of their products, even if it means closing off some customers.
    04-24-14 01:08 AM
    Very happy for people who want it. Personally, it's not an app I use.
    Nemory Studios likes this.
    04-24-14 05:21 AM
    Bought and downloaded it already. Support Developers.
    AndreyLepher likes this.
    04-24-14 09:45 AM
    me too , Nemory is an Awsome Dev,everybody should support him who knows whats is possible ,so much great apps can keep coming if everyone support as he deserves
    04-24-14 11:18 AM
    Me too

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 11:23 AM
    Thanks to everyone! I wish to have more time to join your chat. will do my best! but I really thank everyone!

Snap2Chat got approved!!!-icon-sale.png

if you still don't know the app is now in bbw Snap2Chat - BlackBerry World
    04-24-14 12:06 PM
    I’m sure there are lots of trademark and customer satisfaction considerations here. Imagine if the app would not live up to SnapChat’s standards, it could still leave a bad reputation for them as a platform (e.g. people confusing the app with the service). Or if a third-party developer earns some good money with his own app, while basically free-riding on SnapChat’s product and servers. Some companies simply want to stay in control of their products, even if it means closing off some customers.
    windows, ios and android all have mroe than 10 snapchat clients and snapchat never touches them. platforms allow them. so why not on bb10 even just 1. that's why I made snap2chat I want bb10 to experience it too thanls bnro
    04-24-14 12:08 PM
    windows, ios and android all have mroe than 10 snapchat clients and snapchat never touches them. platforms allow them. so why not on bb10 even just 1. that's why I made snap2chat I want bb10 to experience it too thanls bnro
    I didn’t to mean to criticise your work, just offering one possible explanation. I didn’t know that SnapChat was so lax on other App Stores, but then again, they do have their own app over there as well. Either way, it’s been resolved now. Hopefully it will compensate you a bit for your work!
    04-24-14 02:37 PM
    For some reason I paid but app didn't download and it said error, even though money was taken from my account

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 03:12 PM
    Snap2Chat Lite now available for download get it for FREE here http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/53779890

or if you already have the pro, maybe you will have the time to share this to your friends too. you can read the differences of the paid and free versions here http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=884385 thanks so much!!! #TeamBlackBerry #NemoryStudios

Posted via BlackBerry 10.3
    04-25-14 04:26 AM
    NEW Snap2Chat v2.0.4.1 now in BlackBerry World

Changes:

Hub Integration, Better Headless Implementation, New Graphics, Improvements and Bug Fixes, Warns Ungranted Permissions, Better Announcements Imlementation, Fixed Auto Deselecting Friends when about to send, Changing Refresh Interval doesn't require a Phone Restart anymore, Fixed buggy feeds and friends list + more.

Upgrade Now: Snap2Chat - BlackBerry World

(If you're now on v2.0.4.1 please disregard this message, or if upgrading I highly suggest you to uninstall Snap2Chat first before installing this update. If you have any further concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us [email protected])

Thank you so much!
    05-05-14 08:46 PM
76 1234