Snap appears to be pooched again. Have been running version 3.0.0.1 since I paid for it last month. No issues after the second update, until the last couple of days. Unable to update any apps, and unable to download any new apps. Just cycles between download and pause.

Is Google doing something to break it or is this just poorly written. What exactly caused the issues that forced the version 3 update in the first place?
    10-04-16 11:57 AM
    What CBX posted earlier in this thread has worked for me.

"for whatever reason, you sometimes have to delete an app, then install the new version fresh. i've had the same error. also when snap is looping through the download initialization, exit snap, then launch it again and go straight back to the app, and see if it will download. works for me, i'm still on 2.9.9.2 though.

Posted via CBX"
    10-04-16 12:05 PM
    Also problems here with 3.0.0.5 The previous 3.0.0.2 version worked fine.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  ,Passport (OG Red) <3
    10-04-16 11:51 PM
    I have no issues updating app on snap?

Just now...

Posted via the CrackBerry App on the Q10
    Attached Thumbnails Snap V3 now live-img_20161005_175345.jpg  
    10-04-16 11:55 PM
    I have no issues updating app on snap?

Just now...

Posted via the CrackBerry App on the Q10
    But did you try to install the APK after downloading through Snap? 'Cause that's the issue I'm having with 3.0.0.5 It downloads updates fine but after that, when it goes to that BlackBerry page where you have to click Accept, it just says 'Initializing' and never goes past that... worked fine with 3.0.0.2

10-05-16 01:58 AM
    But did you try to install the APK after downloading through Snap? 'Cause that's the issue I'm having with 3.0.0.5 It downloads updates fine but after that, when it goes to that BlackBerry page where you have to click Accept, it just says 'Initializing' and never goes past that... worked fine with 3.0.0.2

Yes, I installed the update just fine.
    10-05-16 01:59 AM
    Where can I find newest bar file?
    10-05-16 01:45 PM
    10-05-16 02:12 PM
    Here's something interesting. As with others, I was having issues with updating apps using Snap 3.0.0.1. I had Snap check itself for an updated version and it responded that I had the latest one. One of the posts above referred to an 3.0.0.5 version, so I went to the redlightoflove site, and attempted to download the newest version. There is no mechanism to re-download the app if you already paid, as I have. Not wishing to pay again, and wanting an updated version of the app, I now have the ad supported version. So, you pay for the app. It craps out, won't update or download apps, and won't update itself. You download a new version of the app, and unless you buy it again, you now get the ad supported version. The author has not fully thought this through.
    10-05-16 08:11 PM
    Here's something interesting. As with others, I was having issues with updating apps using Snap 3.0.0.1. I had Snap check itself for an updated version and it responded that I had the latest one. One of the posts above referred to an 3.0.0.5 version, so I went to the redlightoflove site, and attempted to download the newest version. There is no mechanism to re-download the app if you already paid, as I have. Not wishing to pay again, and wanting an updated version of the app, I now have the ad supported version. So, you pay for the app. It craps out, won't update or download apps, and won't update itself. You download a new version of the app, and unless you buy it again, you now get the ad supported version. The author has not fully thought this through.
    If you paid for the app you should have gotten an email from the developer with a link to download the new version. I actually got the email twice. You might check your spam folder. I got the email a few days ago.
    Vistaus likes this.
    10-05-16 08:16 PM
    When updating is not working I delete te downloaded apk file. (the trash can below the update button).
    After that you can update without issues.

Also with the latest 3.0.0.5 version.
    10-06-16 07:54 AM
    My 'Library' is also blank. What is supposed to be there? If 'Updates' shows you apps with updates available, and 'Installed' shows Android apps installed on your phone, I don't know what would be listed there.
    Normally the library should show all of your ever installed or purchased items in googles playstore (the same thing the library does in BlackBerry World). This is sometimes very important when you try do install an app that is not shown in the search on your device. You can then "install" the app via browser in playstore and then download it in the library tab. For me this was one of the main features of snap and it workes fine in beta 3, now the tab keeps blank.

Edith says, that I should mention that I've already contacted the developer with no reply at the moment.
    10-11-16 02:07 AM
    Just got to loading this new Snap up today and really liking it so far. I think I learned I can back up my Android apps in Link, even individually. It's so handy to me to get them in this way and I'm happy the dev made this available again
    10-12-16 10:16 PM
    Snap 3.0.0.4 Free works great - check the email you registered with you would have been sent the email to download the update.
    10-30-16 11:13 PM
    Still having problems here as well. My mum and I unfortunately switched back to the Play Store. What has happened to the once so awesome Snap dev.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    10-31-16 12:50 AM
    It doesn't work flawlessly in my Z3, it takes hell lot of time in intializing the app.I am using the latest verion 3.0.0.5.plz dev.do something abt ths.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-16 01:05 AM
    Not having any issues. Very pleased with the Snap experience.
    10-31-16 12:25 PM
    Snap 3.0.0.3 not working on any of my blackberries. No support from the DEV, what a waste of time. I recommend using a 3rd party APK market app instead. I just replaced Snap with MoboMarket and couldn't be happier it works flawlessly with BB10. You need to navigate to Download Free Android Games & Apps on MoboMarket Android Market. and give it a shot.
    There are no malware protections on small 3rd party stores like this or file verification. You might as well just google the apk and download from a random site.
    10-31-16 01:05 PM
    There are no malware protections on small 3rd party stores like this or file verification. You might as well just google the apk and download from a random site.
    First, BlackBerry does do a malware check of the app being installed so, while it's true that those stores may not actually do the checking, your BlackBerry device will (if you let it.)

Just as an FYI, Snap 3.0.0.5 is the latest version and has been working fine for me, other than nothing showing up in the "Library" tab.
    10-31-16 01:08 PM
    First, BlackBerry does do a malware check of the app being installed so, while it's true that those stores may not actually do the checking, your BlackBerry device will (if you let it.)

Just as an FYI, Snap 3.0.0.5 is the latest version and has been working fine for me, other than nothing showing up in the "Library" tab.
    Blackberries malware check is cursory, users put too much faith into it. When has it been updated anyway? Such tools have to updated constantly with signatures and algorithms.
    10-31-16 04:10 PM
    Blackberries malware check is cursory, users put too much faith into it. When has it been updated anyway? Such tools have to updated constantly with signatures and algorithms.
    The checks are done via a server and the result is sent back to the device. If you try and install an android apk without data connectivity the check will not be done.
    Vistaus likes this.
    10-31-16 04:43 PM
    The checks are done via a server and the result is sent back to the device. If you try and install an android apk without data connectivity the check will not be done.
    When is the last time someone posted in forum about an apk that failed check that was actually malware. Either apk in the wild are surprisingly safe or it doesn't do much. It's more the structure of the runtime where it has limited access that makes Android malware less dangerous not the mighty powers of detection.
    10-31-16 05:26 PM
    When is the last time someone posted in forum about an apk that failed check that was actually malware. Either apk in the wild are surprisingly safe or it doesn't do much. It's more the structure of the runtime where it has limited access that makes Android malware less dangerous not the mighty powers of detection.
    "An" APK doesn't say much. No tool can catch 100% of malware or viruses, even if constantly updated.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    11-01-16 12:54 AM
198 ... 678