I know I'm going to get slammed for saying this but I wish there were fewer updates needed for SNAP.

Although I appreciate all the work from the developer I just wish I didn't have to sideload the new version so often. I find that even if I decide to skip the update my snap app doesn't work properly again until I load the latest version.

I would rather have a stable no frills version that works than a feature filled less stable version.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 02:12 PM
    You mean the 1 min it takes to side load is really a big deal?

Posted via CB10
    Man@Arms and Mecca EL like this.
    02-12-14 02:18 PM
    Just when you thought you hear it all...wao!

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 02:23 PM
    I guess you were using that 1 minute to sideload rather than read what I wrote. Its about stability.

And yeah its a bit of a pain in the *** if the computer you sideload from isn't at your immediate disposal at all times.

The common perception after 10.2.1 was that side loading was a thing of the past but I'm side loading more now than ever.

Amazing that people can't express themselves without others feeling some need to reply with sarcastic responses.

Posted via CB10
    Grumblegrumble likes this.
    02-12-14 02:28 PM
    I guess you were using that 1 minute to sideload rather than read what I wrote. Its about stability.

And yeah its a bit of a pain in the *** if the computer you sideload from isn't at your immediate disposal at all times.

The common perception after 10.2.1 was that side loading was a thing of the past but I'm side loading more now than ever.

Amazing that people can't express themselves without others feeling some need to reply with sarcastic responses.

Posted via CB10
    Well if you don't want to sideload or use snap then search for the apks on your BlackBerry browser and then download and install them.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 02:34 PM
    My snap works fine and I have not done the new update. Only issue I have is a reminder of a new update available every time I open the app

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 02:38 PM
    You don't need to update every time to the latest version. Just stick with the current version until there's an update that you feel will provide a significant benefit to you. Just because it recommends an update doesn't mean it's mandatory.

Be grateful to the dev for putting so much work into the app, without it we wouldn't have easy access to a large number of apks.

Posted via CB10
    cbosdell and red72 like this.
    02-12-14 02:38 PM
    I'm having problems with side load app's, it would be nice that snap was an apk and can be installed directo from the phone
    02-12-14 02:48 PM
    You don't need to update every time to the latest version. Just stick with the current version until there's an update that you feel will provide a significant benefit to you. Just because it recommends an update doesn't mean it's mandatory.

Be grateful to the dev for putting so much work into the app, without it we wouldn't have easy access to a large number of apks.

Posted via CB10
    Apparently you didn't see the part about it not working correctly but only after there is an update notification. Nor did you see the part about my appreciation for the developers work.

When an update pops up I can't search or load apks. It also says I'm not logged in when the settings shows that I am. Only after installing the latest does it work.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 02:55 PM
    Apparently you didn't see the part about it not working correctly but only after there is an update notification. Nor did you see the part about my appreciation for the developers work.

When an update pops up I can't search or load apks. It also says I'm not logged in when the settings shows that I am. Only after installing the latest does it work.

Posted via CB10
    The app only shows the notification during startup. It doesn't affect the startup.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 03:11 PM