Hi Guys,

This is the official Forum Thread for Snap! the Sound Triggered Camera that's recently gone live for Blackberry 10. It's built exclusively for BB10 and is a unique app for taking sound activated photographs. If you've ever had to race a timer to take group shots or just click awkward goofy pictures of yourself, you'll know what I'm talking about. I'm the creator of Snap! and I'd like to use this thread to stay in conversation with you guys, show off new features I'm planning and get your feedback to take Snap! to new levels of awesome.

Before I get into the details of the app, here are a few screenshots to get you salivating.

I'm a photography geek and this idea stemmed from sound triggers that you can use with DSLR cameras, to take extreme high speed shots like glass shattering or balloons popping. Of course phone cameras aren't that fast, yet, but we'll get there and in the mean time a sound trigger is a really fun way to take pictures! Clap your hands, hoot, bark or howl at the moon. Just make a loud sound and Snap! will click a picture. You can adjust the sound threshold from "whisper" to "scream" based on the noise level around you. There are additional cool extensions like a zoom upto 40x, a timer camera and a rule-of-thirds picture composer for the photography geek in you.

A brief description of features:

There are three main camera modes:
    - Sound Mode: Make a sound to take a picture. You can adjust the variable sound trigger threshold based on ambient noise.
    - Timer Mode: Timer can be set up to 15 seconds to take a picture
    - Standard Camera Mode: Standard clicking

More features:
    - Snap! is BBM integrated
    - A grid overlay lets you compose pictures using the rule-of-thirds
    - Built in photo gallery
    - Zoom upto 40x
    - Other standard features like flash and switching cameras

I will be adding more features in future updates and if you guys have any ideas for new features and improvements, please send them my way and stay tuned for updates!! You can reach me on twitter @snap_camera.

Links

The Crackberry Post on Snap!

Snap! on Blackberry App World page

Contact me: @snap_camera
    Last edited by ntertainers; 03-10-13 at 11:17 AM.
    03-09-13 05:18 PM
    My pics don't show up in the gallery or anywhere! Where did they go? Do thy go to your servers first?
    03-09-13 05:31 PM
    this looks and sounds like an awesome app and cant wait to try it, i love photography too.
    ntertainers likes this.
    03-09-13 05:32 PM
    That's odd. The pictures should show up in your photo gallery. But we can talk further about this. If you can message me your contact info, we can talk over email.

Thanks
    03-09-13 05:45 PM
    It seems to be working fine now. They show up in both your app and in "pictures". Maybe I had to allow all the permissions to make your app work. That's all I changed.
    03-09-13 05:46 PM
    Does it have settings for macro shots?

Posted via CB10 on my zed10
    03-09-13 05:46 PM
    I'm in the USA, so I thought maybe they were going to you first.
    ntertainers likes this.
    03-09-13 05:47 PM
    This app is really cool. Works perfectly. What a great idea to have sound activation and even a volume sensitive feature!
    ntertainers likes this.
    03-09-13 05:51 PM
    Hi Guys,

This is the official Forum Thread for Snap! the Sound Triggered Camera that's recently gone live for Blackberry 10. It's built exclusively for BB10 and is a unique app for taking sound activated photographs. If you've ever had to race a timer to take group shots or just click awkward goofy pictures of yourself, you'll know what I'm talking about. I'm the creator of Snap! and I'd like to use this thread to stay in conversation with you guys, show off new features I'm planning and get your feedback to take Snap! to new levels of awesome.

Before I get into the details of the app, here are a few screenshots to get you salivating.

Attachment 140174 Attachment 140175
    Attachment 140176 Attachment 140177

I'm a photography geek and this idea stemmed from sound triggers that you can use with DSLR cameras, to take extreme high speed shots like glass shattering or balloons popping. Of course phone cameras aren't that fast, yet, but we'll get there and in the mean time a sound trigger is a really fun way to take pictures! Clap your hands, hoot, bark or howl at the moon. Just make a loud sound and Snap! will click a picture. You can adjust the sound threshold from "whisper" to "scream" based on the noise level around you. There are additional cool extensions like a zoom upto 40x, a timer camera and a rule-of-thirds picture composer for the photography geek in you.

A brief description of features:

There are three main camera modes:
    - Sound Mode: Make a sound to take a picture. You can adjust the variable sound trigger threshold based on ambient noise.
    - Timer Mode: Timer can be set up to 15 seconds to take a picture
    - Standard Camera Mode: Standard clicking

More features:
    - Snap! is BBM integrated
    - A grid overlay lets you compose pictures using the rule-of-thirds
    - Built in photo gallery
    - Zoom upto 40x
    - Other standard features like flash and switching cameras

I will be adding more features in future updates and if you guys have any ideas for new features and improvements, please send them my way and stay tuned for updates!! You can reach me on twitter @snap_camera.

Links

The Crackberry Post on Snap!

Snap! on Blackberry App World page

Contact me: @snap_camera
    I'll certainly be getting this app when I get my z10!
    ntertainers likes this.
    03-09-13 06:12 PM
    Bought the app as a show of support but can't seem to get voice activation to work, and yes, the app has the required permissions. How loud does one have to get? Otherwise, great idea for an app.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 06:37 PM
    It saves to the device memory by default. How can I switch it to my SD card?

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 07:04 PM
    Can you please add sound off and sound on function during capture. It would be much appreciated! Great work!

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 08:51 PM
    Does it have settings for macro shots?

Posted via CB10 on my zed10
    I'll be adding the macro feature in the next release that will be coming soon
    03-09-13 10:52 PM
    So I'm going to try to respond to most comments above in one post.

Can you please add sound off and sound on function during capture. It would be much appreciated! Great work!

Posted via CB10
    If you press the red button in "listening" mode, it will turn sound off and become a blue headphone button. Do you mean turn the shutter sound off ? I can't legally do that apparently. I think.

It saves to the device memory by default. How can I switch it to my SD card?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah that one is my bad. I'll add the storage choice feature in the next release. I built the app on the dev alpha phone and couldn't test SD card saving. For sure it will be there in the new update coming soon.

Bought the app as a show of support but can't seem to get voice activation to work, and yes, the app has the required permissions. How loud does one have to get? Otherwise, great idea for an app.

Posted via CB10
    Thats strange. Could you check if any other app that uses the microphone works on your phone ? Other than phone calls obviously. Maybe the sound levels on your microphone are set too low ? In the next release I'll be adding a noise level callibration feature to reset the base noise level in every environment.
    03-09-13 11:00 PM
    Thank you, can't wait
    I'll be adding the macro feature in the next release that will be coming soon
    03-10-13 12:03 AM
    It would be awesome if you could somehow piggyback your app with the existing lock screen camera button.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 10:02 AM
    Great app, love the Zoom feature. Couple of suggestions in Gallery. Can you fix the orientation to use the whole screen, and can you let me swipe through the gallery pictures, rather than having to exit for each pic.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 10:24 AM
    Great app, love the Zoom feature. Couple of suggestions in Gallery. Can you fix the orientation to use the whole screen, and can you let me swipe through the gallery pictures, rather than having to exit for each pic.

Posted via CB10
    Gotcha. I'll be adding more fluid gallery functionality in the next release.
    03-10-13 10:54 AM
    It would actually be legal for you to not have the shutter sound on in most countries in the world. Just curious, is it possible for a dev to do that yet with the tools available?

In any case it wouldn't make a huge difference for this app's usage scenarios, if you scream at the camera to make it snap the shutter noise is unlikely to cause much more damage!

Sounds like a cool app, congrats.
    03-10-13 12:59 PM
    It would actually be legal for you to not have the shutter sound on in most countries in the world. Just curious, is it possible for a dev to do that yet with the tools available?

In any case it wouldn't make a huge difference for this app's usage scenarios, if you scream at the camera to make it snap the shutter noise is unlikely to cause much more damage!

Sounds like a cool app, congrats.
    Ah as a developer yes, you can disable the shutter sound if you're building a camera app. You essentially just call a function to make the sound, it's not in there by default.
    03-10-13 01:08 PM
    Ah as a developer yes, you can disable the shutter sound if you're building a camera app. You essentially just call a function to make the sound, it's not in there by default.
    Would be cool to give the user the option, perhaps.

Great app man!

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 03:07 PM
    Oh wow, great, thanks for that!
    There's hope yet for a camera app with no shutter sound and HDR, perfect for dark room pics in quiet environments or with children sleeping.
    03-10-13 03:45 PM
    Please add the sound off feature, it would be an instant hit!
    03-10-13 10:09 PM
    Whats your ETA on adding the storage allowance to SD card?
    I want to buy this but that is what would be holding me back, I'm a photo *****. LOL
    03-10-13 10:55 PM
    Whats your ETA on adding the storage allowance to SD card?
    I want to buy this but that is what would be holding me back, I'm a photo *****. LOL
    I'm going to try to get an update in time for the US release. Blackberry takes quite a while to approve releases sometimes so that's a variable I can't completely predict. In any case once you have the app, all updates are free.
    03-11-13 08:13 AM
38 12