Would also like to point out that the developer already stated that HIS application will not be written in Android so it is a moot point. I know it is a discussion, but the developer already stated he has no intentions of converting.
    01-29-14 05:09 AM
    It's seems ironic that we can install non native apps directly on the phone, but have to use a pc to install a native app that will allow us to install non native apps.

Z10, 10.2.1.1925
    01-29-14 05:17 AM
    It is what it is, either take the 30 seconds it takes to sideload Snap or don't. The developer of snap is NOT going to change it to a .apk and I personally wouldn't want him too. Sideloading is a very simple process, providing you can follow simple instructions.
    01-29-14 07:34 AM
    Would also like to point out that the developer already stated that HIS application will not be written in Android so it is a moot point. I know it is a discussion, but the developer already stated he has no intentions of converting.
    Right I should have said 'SNAP-like' application. Doesn't have to be the same dev.

Van City Coffee ; WhitecapsFC ; PreMed Community ; Bristol Rovers Football Club
    01-29-14 09:20 AM
    Right I should have said 'SNAP-like' application. Doesn't have to be the same dev.
    Alright, hop to it and let us know when your done. I would give it a shot if only to give a fair chance.

Posted by my device of choice. Might be a BlackBerry, might not be. It is of concern to you.
    02-01-14 09:39 AM
    The whole business of sideloading is confused by some horrid sideload apps that you dont need and to download them you need to use downloadsites like ad.fly, that in turn want you to download more software.

Install google chrome browser, go to google chrome app store and install the BlackBerry 10 app.

Its surprisingly easy from there.

Regarding snap, it was developed for free by someone with BlackBerry app writing skills. We should be greatful, not say now go develop it again.
    02-01-14 10:09 AM
    Snap apk = any android App store, what's the point in making it an apk when there are all these other app stores availabe?

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 10:14 AM
    Snap apk = any android App store, what's the point in making it an apk when there are all these other app stores availabe?

Posted via CB10
    Well put.
    02-01-14 10:17 AM
    Well put.
    The difference being that snap is the only one that I am aware of which gives us BlackBerry 10 users access to all of Google Play

02-01-14 12:14 PM
    The difference being that snap is the only one that I am aware of which gives us BlackBerry 10 users access to all of Google Play

Only free stuff from Google Play as far as I know.

It's all in one app but if you just get a few android stores you will be able to find all the same stuff but just may not all be in 1 store.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 02:45 PM
    Why can't snap be submitted to BlackBerry World? That would be the end all.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 03:03 PM
    I think it's safe to say that they would never approve it in BlackBerry World.

But yes that would definitely be the ultimate solution.

Second best would be direct install of .bar files.

Third best....

02-01-14 03:25 PM
    So you need to creat a google account in order to download Snap if im reading correctly?
    02-01-14 05:41 PM
    Not to download it, but to use it, yes.

02-01-14 06:28 PM
    Chill buddy. Doesn't matter if it because of laziness or technical ignorance, an .apk app for snap would result in more apps flowing to the BB10 end user and therefore greater satisfaction and adoption. It's not rocket science. You reduce barriers if you want a good thing to succeed.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 09:14 PM
    I have tried to side load snap 4 times and all i get is 404 error saying not found. I have followed the step by step instructions that I found here on Crackberry
    03-04-14 10:39 AM
    I have tried to side load snap 4 times and all i get is 404 error saying not found. I have followed the step by step instructions that I found here on Crackberry
    Are you using the chrome method?

I've always used DDPB and it's worked flawlessly, no need to use browser.
    http://n4bb.com/load-android-apps-blackberry-10/

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 02:53 PM
    Sorry, I need to ask this. Is the BlackBerry in development mode? It has to be

Sent from an ATM
    No trees were harmed during the making of this message
    03-04-14 06:48 PM
43 12