Hi all,

I wanted to announce my first app, SmartWatch Companion. This is now available for download in BlackBerry World, and is designed using Talk2Watch's API - it requires Talk2Watch to communicate with a smartphone - it can be used standalone, but this was not the design intention, and is only half of the experience. For Smartphone connectivity as designed, you MUST have Talk2Watch installed.

Features include:

Google/Lastpass Authenticator code generator
    detailed weather report
    stock/bitcoin/litecoin quotes
    London Underground Tube Alerts
    Integrated RSS reader
    Built in Alarms
    Reverse Geocode location features
    Fully integrated BlackBerry 10 Share client/target
    Fully BBM Connected app with integrated social features.

The app is available at Smart Watch Companion - BlackBerry World.

Further info and support is available via the SWC dedicated BBM Channel - C003A0383
    03-19-14 06:36 PM
    Looks like some useful stuff!

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 06:43 PM
    03-19-14 07:08 PM
    thanks Alicia, I use a q10 so it looks better on your screen shot too
    03-19-14 07:17 PM
    Good luck with your new app. And thanks for supporting bb10 devices.

I've yet to see one of these watches but as someone who does not generally wear a watch little chance.
    offyoutoddle likes this.
    03-20-14 12:10 AM
    HI All,

just to let you know, there is an update in BlackBerry World today for SWC - it includes new features such as more authenticator options, custom RSS feeds, ability to create a calendar reminder to recharge your watch directly from the watch, and a Plex Media controller remote control.

I hope you enjoy it.
    Alicia Erlich likes this.
    04-10-14 11:15 AM
    Hi

I use my Peeble more for running than anything else.

I have tried a few apps from the Peeble android app but the ones I've tried so far don't seem to track my runs properly.

Haven't tried Runkeeper and jetfit yet, they do have nice reviews.

However I would prefer a native app.

Since I have tried the free version of talktowatch and could not make it work to track my runs, I'm wondering if your app could enhance the geolocation feature so that I would actually know how many km I've done.

Thanks

P.s. There is a app on Peeble called 7 minute work out, where a set of exercises are shown on Peeble. Would you consider having something similar.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 12:18 PM
    hiya, as far as I know the runkeeper app with talk2watch works just fine to track total distance - it tracks elapsed distance from when you activate the runkeeper with the centre button on your watch - have a word with the t2w Dev in the t2w thread and i'm sure he can advise on any problems, but a quick guide is as follows:

I find that opening talk2watch app on the phone and pressing the 'sports' shortcut brings the runkeeper app up on my watch, and then you should only have to press the centre button on the watch. This tracks distance fine while out for runs. Simple but effective. You can set the units in the options page in talk2watch.
    04-18-14 04:06 AM
    Hi

I've tried Runkeeper but it needs google services to work so I've switched to Runtastic.

I've tried it twice so far and tracks the distance. However it does not link with Peeble. So I have to keep looking at my phone instead of my watch.

Thanks for the info and I'll ask the dev of T2W if it's app provides the missing link.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 10:50 AM
    HI all, just to let you know, my app SWC has received a massive update today - it is now headless, includes NFC features to activate functions by tapping an NFC tag, includes French and German localisation and customisable alarm sounds. In addition you can leave a marker where you parked your car and get pedestrian route guidance via BlackBerry Maps back to your car in what I loosely refer to as 'Dude where's my car?' mode. It also contains geolocational reminders and some features for Minecraft server admins. Its the big one!
    DJ Reyes likes this.
    06-05-14 05:47 AM
    Hi all,

just to let you know I have released another app - BlockID - a searchable guide to all Minecraft Block ID's for use in console commands.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/56861890

The app delivers the results on screen, and if you own the Talk2Watch app, it will echo those results to the Smartwatch. It also uses the Upfront app, and delivers the result to the Upfront active frame. The Talk2Watch support is the reason I bring it up here as it might interest some of the smartwatch owners who have supported SWC if they are Minecraft players, or have kids who are like me!
    06-06-14 05:31 AM
    These updates are amazing. Keep up the support for bb10. We all appreciate it

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 09:40 AM
    ok, another new app - MobID - again, it is Minecraft themed, and mentioned here due to its Smartwatch support! MobID is a searchable guide to all Minecraft Mob and entity ID's for use in console commands. As with BlockID, the app delivers the results on screen, and if you own the Talk2Watch app, it will echo those results to the Smartwatch. It also uses the Upfront app, and delivers the result to the Upfront active frame.

MobID - BlackBerry World

thanks!

Hi all,

just to let you know I have released another app - BlockID - a searchable guide to all Minecraft Block ID's for use in console commands.

BlockID - BlackBerry World

The app delivers the results on screen, and if you own the Talk2Watch app, it will echo those results to the Smartwatch. It also uses the Upfront app, and delivers the result to the Upfront active frame. The Talk2Watch support is the reason I bring it up here as it might interest some of the smartwatch owners who have supported SWC if they are Minecraft players, or have kids who are like me!
    06-09-14 12:06 PM
    Can you tell us more about the new geolocational reminders function?

What can it remind us of?

Posted via CB10
    06-10-14 10:16 AM
    hiya,

this feature is simply a text reminder - if you enter your own text on the settings page for a particular location it will send that text to the watch when you arrive at that location.

For example - set home and work locations when you visit those places. Then set the reminder text at home to 'remember to feed the cat' or something, and at work 'remember to feed the boss' or whatever you wish, and then when you next get home, a message will appear on the watch that says 'remember to feed the cat' and when you arrive at work it yourwatch will get a message saying 'remember to feed the boss'.

(Naturally what you put in those reminder texts is your own choice )
    06-11-14 05:42 AM
    @offyoutoddle
    Is there any way to add the Free Caddie golf app connection (that can be used with a Pebble on iOS or Android) to SmartWatch Companion?
    06-12-14 12:51 AM
    @offyoutoddle
    Is there any way to add the Free Caddie golf app connection (that can be used with a Pebble on iOS or Android) to SmartWatch Companion?
    Hi

I am not familiar with that. Contact me via the in app mail support address and I will be happy to investigate further?

Posted via CB10
    06-14-14 04:24 AM
    ok, as it's my birthday, my pressie to you all is a reduced price sale on all 5 of my apps until the end of the week!

Remember all my apps are Built for BlackBerry, Hub and BBM integrated, for that full native BlackBerry 10 experience?

Cast - Cast for BlackBerry - BlackBerry World

SWC - Smart Watch Companion - BlackBerry World

Companion - Companion (with NFC) - BlackBerry World

MobID - MobID - BlackBerry World

BlockID - BlockID - BlackBerry World
    06-24-14 09:36 AM
    Hi

I am not familiar with that. Contact me via the in app mail support address and I will be happy to investigate further?

Posted via CB10
    I was curious if you had any luck here?
    10-21-14 08:59 AM
    I was curious if you had any luck here?
    Unfortunately, FreeCaddie support can't be added by any third party dev as they don't provide an API for their data. Even if they had an API, displaying it on the Pebble Golf built-in app would only be possible by Talk2Watch directly and I'm afraid that might not be a priority for Talk2Watch dev.

If you find another golf website with a public API, I'd be glad to try to help you filling this gap for BB10 Pebblers, but it would be done with ScriptMode, not the Pebble Golf built-in app.
    10-21-14 10:12 PM
    Not sure if it has a public API, but Swing by Swing also works with the Pebble android app. Of course you can't run T2W at the same time.

I just got a Garmin S3 golf watch as a gift, so I'm using that now.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 05:57 PM
    So I bought the Pebble hoping that I could makes things work with a golf app and turns out that if you have the Pebble app and Freecaddie Pro running, the Freecaddie Pro Pebble yardage shows up. You can't run talk2watch at this time but I don't need notifications on the course. No need for Android.
    10-26-14 09:47 PM