Hi All,

I looked around in App World and could not find Smart WiFi or any similar app... A lot of people is complaining about the battery life, I personally am able to finish my day with one charge but just barely. We really need an application that turns on the WiFi when in specific learned cell towers and also it would be really good if it can turn off LTE while connected to a WiFi as it is not necessary then turn it back on as soon as you disconnect from the WiFi.

I think those two ideas together on a single app would be awesome and help a lot with Battery life.
    02-08-13 02:19 AM
    In fact that app will make it worse since it have to constantly be checking for location and networks connection, best and easier to do it manually

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-08-13 02:23 AM
    that's just a couple of queries to the OS, nothing that would kill the battery, as a matter of fact the concept works very well on OS7 and the idea is that while the wireless is ON, the system checks for available networks every so often to see if there is a known one in range and connect to it, this kills the battery as it uses the radio a lot... its a very well proven method to save battery..
    02-08-13 12:56 PM
    I love this app for my older bb's and looked for it right away. I would bet my shiny z10 that one will be available within the month. Also a led color app....
    02-08-13 09:33 PM