The price of slick tasks is 10 dollars. If BB included "time alert" option, I wouldn't buy slick tasks. I realized that spending 10 dollars for this missing feature is quite expensive but I have no choice. Slick tasks has to be running if you want it to alert you .

I have a lot of tasks which I need to do every day and i'm basically screwed without being alerted when my task is due. I hope that BB stops introducing "half-ars" apps in their smartphone because they only occupy valuable space in my phone and don't do me any good.
    06-22-13 08:02 AM
    The price of slick tasks is 10 dollars. If BB included "time alert" option, I wouldn't buy slick tasks. I realized that spending 10 dollars for this missing feature is quite expensive but I have no choice. Slick tasks has to be running if you want it to alert you .

I have a lot of tasks which I need to do every day and i'm basically screwed without being alerted when my task is due. I hope that BB stops introducing "half-ars" apps in their smartphone because they only occupy valuable space in my phone and don't do me any good.
    Hi and welcome to CrackBerry!!
    I have to agree with you. I find Remember worthless for my purposes and I hid it. I downloaded Corky Notes for a sticky note app and that seems to help me remember what I need to do. I leave it open in an active window as well. If you need alarms, then you don't have much choice but to pay for something. I wish i could delete all of this junk I don't use either.
    06-22-13 08:16 AM
    I use the voice control for this

Find the voice control icon or hit the middle button on the right side of your phone

Say to your phone " Set a Reminder "

The phone should say what would you like to be reminded of.

After you say your message

The phone will ask you, when you would like to be reminded

You can say " Today at 4:00 PM "

You can do lots of reminders with different time for the same day

They get saved to your calendar you can edit them there

Posted via CB10. BlackBerry Z10
    fbloise and shaunj539 like this.
    06-22-13 08:24 AM
    Well I don't do the reminder using the voice contact but I use the calendar a lot for things I want to be alerted of

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 08:30 AM
    I use the voice control for this

Find the voice control icon or hit the middle button on the right side of your phone

Say to your phone " Set a Reminder "

The phone should say what would you like to be reminded of.

After you say your message

The phone will ask you, when you would like to be reminded

You can say " Today at 4:00 PM "

You can do lots of reminders with different time for the same day

They get saved to your calendar you can edit them there

Hi is it easier to use voice control or just simply go into the calendar app

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 08:32 AM
    Hi and welcome to CrackBerry!!
    I have to agree with you. I find Remember worthless for my purposes and I hid it. I downloaded Corky Notes for a sticky note app and that seems to help me remember what I need to do. I leave it open in an active window as well. If you need alarms, then you don't have much choice but to pay for something. I wish i could delete all of this junk I don't use either.
    I feel your pain because I have an "unused" folder where "remember" app and other worthless BB apps are stored. What were BB thinking when they included "setup" and "settings" app in our phone? Why do we need 2 apps to gain access to our phone's settings unless they think their users are dumb? Why do BB include "camera" and "phone" app in z10 when we can tap "camera" and "phone" icon on the screen at any time to take pictures or make phone calls? BB Calendar and Remember app are half ars apps because they don't alert me about my tasks or appointments.

What I'm saying is common sense in design and I don't know if BB understand it.

I don't mind buying apps for my phone if BB didn't have them. Please don't include any "free and basic" apps in our phone when they don't serve any purpose except occupying valuable spaces. BB is like Microsoft because their free and basic apps are crappy.
    Last edited by letmein13; 06-22-13 at 08:46 AM.
    06-22-13 08:35 AM
    Hi is it easier to use voice control or just simply go into the calendar app

Posted via CB10
    The voice control is using your calendar
    So it's a personal preference. If you like talking then use the talk options
    If you like typing then use the calendar

06-22-13 08:43 AM
    why would anyone in their right mind spend $10, yes TEN DOLLARS, on an app that offers nothing that BB doesnt. im able to get my tasks done using the BB cal alone synced with my google & exchange cals, reminder, and if i so desire i use the sideloaded wunderlist as well. both have time alerts, snooze, and reminders. nothing else is needed. why would you buy a task app that only alerts you when you have it active? no bueno.
    ATMJOE likes this.
    06-22-13 09:45 AM
    I feel your pain because I have an "unused" folder where "remember" app and other worthless BB apps are stored. What were BB thinking when they included "setup" and "settings" app in our phone? Why do we need 2 apps to gain access to our phone's settings unless they think their users are dumb? Why do BB include "camera" and "phone" app in z10 when we can tap "camera" and "phone" icon on the screen at any time to take pictures or make phone calls? BB Calendar and Remember app are half ars apps because they don't alert me about my tasks or appointments.

What I'm saying is common sense in design and I don't know if BB understand it.

I don't mind buying apps for my phone if BB didn't have them. Please don't include any "free and basic" apps in our phone when they don't serve any purpose except occupying valuable spaces. BB is like Microsoft because their free and basic apps are crappy.
    And you can't delete the worth less apps like settings set up ,clock and the like

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 11:06 AM
    The voice control is using your calendar
    So it's a personal preference. If you like talking then use the talk options
    If you like typing then use the calendar

Guess you like talking lol, I used it and that is one of the few voice control commands that actually works

Posted via CB10
    ATMJOE likes this.
    06-22-13 11:07 AM
    I am one of those who paid $10 for SlickTask. I tried the Remember app and many other apps before that, but wasn't happy with them. SlickTask does what I need very well, and I don't regret buying it at all!

Posted via Z10
    06-22-13 11:08 AM
    Maybe Remember is not the best for Tasks, but after not using it at all for the first 3 months, I find myself using it more frequently these days - not for tasks, but for things I don't want to forget . I use the camera and microphone function as well. It's really growing on me.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 02:29 PM
    Call me silly if you will, but why not just put your tasks in your calendar, it has a reminder?
    bcuffy likes this.
    06-22-13 02:34 PM
    If you want your calendar to be cluttered with task, then do so. We should have a choice to keep task as task and Calendar/Appointments separate. Remember, is a good app, and will be great when due date/alarm and progress completion button(s) is added. The concept is great for busy people on the move.
    Slick task is a great app, though I would not purchase it again. Got it as a bundle of 4 apps for $9.99 some time ago for my 9900..
    Remember, the road to success is always under construction.
    Last edited by bcuffy; 06-22-13 at 06:00 PM. Reason: typo
    06-22-13 05:48 PM
    why would anyone in their right mind spend $10, yes TEN DOLLARS, on an app that offers nothing that BB doesnt. im able to get my tasks done using the BB cal alone synced with my google & exchange cals, reminder, and if i so desire i use the sideloaded wunderlist as well. both have time alerts, snooze, and reminders. nothing else is needed. why would you buy a task app that only alerts you when you have it active? no bueno.
    SlickTasks does more than just alert you to tasks. If you would have taken the time to look into it instead of coming here with your uninformed rant, you'd know. Two features (just off the top of my head) that no other BB10 tasks app have are hierarchical (tree-like structure) tasks and recurring tasks. If you feel that the built-in apps are perfect and fill every need of yours, that's great... for the rest of us a healthy app ecosystem with fantastic choices like SlickTasks are perfect for us. Sure it's expensive and will be hard for many to justify, but if you can't afford it, move along to the free alternatives.
    06-22-13 06:33 PM
    Both have something to offer.
    Remember collects information from emails which has slick tasks does not
    Slick Tasks has a great UI, reminders, colour codes etc.
    Works $10
    We need both combined
    06-22-13 11:09 PM
    Slick tasks is a task/todo manager for the rich and Remember is for the rest of us.
    06-23-13 03:28 PM
    Slick tasks is a task/todo manager for the rich and Remember is for the rest of us.
    Yes, because people who buy a $600 phone with a $50+/month plan are, of course, in dire poverty.

For something you keep your entire work and life plans in, $10 is pretty damn cheap IMHO. Like, cheaper than the refills for the paper-based planners we used to buy back in the day. Just buy, like, 3 less starbuck's coffees, or have a PB&J for lunch for 2 days, if you are really super-worried about $10 going over your monthly budget. The slight temporary discomfort will be more than worth it.
    fbloise, joesworld and dosto like this.
    07-12-13 12:16 PM