I currently have a 9360 which is use for work and whilst its not the greatest smartphone, it does the job for me as my only requirements are BBM and Windows Messenger. I'm considering getting a z10 but there doesn't seem to be any app for windows messenger nor skype (which will take messengers' place april). Is there any app for BB10 which will allow me to chat on skype and if so, are there any issues that I need to consider?
    03-20-13 09:20 AM
    No Skype for the z10 yet but stay tuned and it could be released shortly.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    03-20-13 09:25 AM
    There is IM+ Pro for BlackBerry 10. You can chat with Facebook, Skype, MSN/Live Messenger, Google Talk, Yahoo!, AIM/iChat, ICQ, MeinVZ, Gadu-Gadu, RenRen, Jabber, mig33, SINA Weibo, Fetion,, VKontakte, Yandex IM, Please Note : I think Skype video or voice chat won't be supported.
    Skype is coming soon, though what 'soon' means I'm not sure
    u dont need windows messenger anymore as u can link your windows messenger accountant (even facebook account) to skype.
    so means u can use skype to chat with msn contacts and fb contacts
    03-20-13 09:27 AM
    I think we'll get Skype video. I hope Skype arrives next month.
    03-20-13 09:27 AM
    Didn't the Z10/Dev Alpha have all the standard IM apps? I remember seeing gTalk and WLM. I also remember Microsoft saying that for the time being, third party apps would not be affected by the WLM > Skype shift and people would still be able to log in (till they were ready to unify the userbase and then enforce the use of skype logins).

EDIT: Yeah, good to know I am not getting senile.

Google Talk, Yahoo Messenger and Windows Live Messenger clients all ready for BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    03-20-13 09:46 AM
    Didn't the Z10/Dev Alpha have all the standard IM apps? I remember seeing gTalk and WLM. I also remember Microsoft saying that for the time being, third party apps would not be affected by the WLM > Skype shift and people would still be able to log in (till they were ready to unify the userbase and then enforce the use of skype logins).

EDIT: Yeah, good to know I am not getting senile.

Google Talk, Yahoo Messenger and Windows Live Messenger clients all ready for BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    u can already link your your microsoft account to skype so u dont need the live messenger anymore, skype is enough
    03-20-13 03:41 PM
    u can already link your your microsoft account to skype so u dont need the live messenger anymore, skype is enough
    When we get Skype

I'm keeping a eye out for the Skype release, although I have NEVER used it. My gal has recently moved country, so will most probably be using this to keep in touch with her.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 03:50 PM
    From https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1...kberry-devices

"If you have a new BlackBerry smartphone powered by the BlackBerry 10 platform, you will soon be able to download and run Skype on these devices. We are working closely with BlackBerry to ensure the Skype for Android app runs great in the BlackBerry 10 environment."
    sgt_snacks-64 and nico2004 like this.
    03-20-13 03:51 PM
    I think we'll get Skype video. I hope Skype arrives next month.
    03-20-13 06:35 PM
    There is IM+ Pro for BlackBerry 10. You can chat with Facebook, Skype, MSN/Live Messenger, Google Talk, Yahoo!, AIM/iChat, ICQ, MeinVZ, Gadu-Gadu, RenRen, Jabber, mig33, SINA Weibo, Fetion,, VKontakte, Yandex IM, Please Note : I think Skype video or voice chat won't be supported.
    03-20-13 06:42 PM
    i am waiting like hell as well for skype, but i have BB 9900 ( 7.1 ) and it is a shame for Blackberry not to work with skype for a solution : SHAME ON YOU BLACKBERRY/RIM!!!!!!!

as far as I understood, you need BB 10.1 in order to may be able to use skype : so , up to now, sorry for Z10.

it is amazing, how yahoo managed that the messenger is working on BB 9900 and the new BB10 devices.

05-14-13 01:09 AM
    i am waiting like hell as well for skype, but i have BB 9900 ( 7.1 ) and it is a shame for Blackberry not to work with skype for a solution : SHAME ON YOU BLACKBERRY/RIM!!!!!!!

as far as I understood, you need BB 10.1 in order to may be able to use skype : so , up to now, sorry for Z10.

it is amazing, how yahoo managed that the messenger is working on BB 9900 and the new BB10 devices.

You don't need to 10.1 to run skype. You need 10.1 if you want to download skype on the blackberry world. But if you have 10.0 you can just sideload skype. The sideload skype and the skype on the app world is the same

Posted using The Z10
    05-14-13 01:27 AM

Yeah you want Skype for a phone with no front camera??? How useful that will be -_- hope you were joking

Flicked From CB10 On My Z10
    05-14-13 01:47 AM
    Windows Live Messenger and Skype are both available for BlackBerry 10 devices running OS 10.1. WLM is getting retired but in the description of the app on BlackBerry World, it says it will work for the next year

Posted with my AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    05-14-13 04:25 AM
    Skype / Windows Messenger?-air_20130511_00000.jpg

Windows messenger in the hub, you have to install it from BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    SebastianNap likes this.
    05-14-13 04:42 AM