Hello everyone,
    I'm having some trouble with skype. I'm currently in china and cannot find skype in appworld. I have read mostly all the other threads regarding this topic, but none of them helped me. I'm surfing internet from 2 nights and know all the things like sideload, .BAR, APK.
    The problem is I cannot find a good BAR file. i found several. One installed but didnt start, said " Stopped, unfortunatly couldnt start" and other wont even show in mobile even after i sideload.
    I also installed APK files but its stucks on signing in.
    I'm a NOOB in all this matter therefore I would be thankful if somebody helped me.
    I'm looking for a skype.bar file of latest version which is 4.4.507.41401. Cant find it on net and turning Apk isnt what i can do.
    P.S: I have q10 and it has the latest software which is 10.1.2.2102.

Please if someone has time, help me on this issue, I also contacted blackberry on twitter, they asked me for the details but havent replied me yet.
    03-25-14 10:33 PM
    I found this, says it works for Z10... I did not tested it.
    Please remember the time difference, BlackBerry employees don't answer on twitter at night... it is 22:40 now in Waterloo!

Here's the link I found in the meanwhile:
    http://www.blackberryos.com/content/...erry-z10-5875/

Posted via my BlackBerry*Q10, Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2102
    Zhunaide likes this.
    03-25-14 10:40 PM
    According to BlackBerry World Skype isn't available in China.

Skype - BlackBerry World

If there is an APK file on the net you should be able to directly install it through the phone without needing to sideload. Not sure where to find it at this time
    marlins66 likes this.
    03-25-14 10:52 PM
    You could try this apk http://apps.goodereader.com/android-...cation/?did=61

However, the Skype in BlackBerry World has some tweaks in the code to make it run better on BlackBerry 10. Not sure how much worse the apk for Android itself runs on BlackBerry 10. Bla1ze had a method to grab BlackBerry World bar files from BlackBerry World on pc. Will try and see if I can find those instructions for ya.

Posted via CB10
    Zhunaide likes this.
    03-25-14 10:55 PM
    Have you tried the Android app stores like:
    Amazon app store http://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/get/and...UvbUpU10165606
    One Mobile app store 1Mobile Market - best Google Android Apps Market or
    Aptoide Aptoide Installer

You can download these app stores directly on your phone and then download the Skype app through them. Not sure if the version of Skype in their app stores will work....

Good luck
    Zhunaide likes this.
    03-25-14 10:55 PM
    Yes, Thats what they told me, "The twitter guys" , Its not available in China.
    Yes I have tried 1mobile market. The app installs but stucks on signing in. I left it for an hour. Still stuck! I will try the .apk in the link above. Hope it might work.
    Thanks everyone!
    03-25-14 11:16 PM
    @eldricho
    That would be great if i can find those instructions!
    Please try your best!
    Again thanks alot!
    Its just i need this app on my phone urgently!
    03-25-14 11:18 PM
    The latest .apk did not work as well.. The same problem, Stucks on sign in. :/
    03-25-14 11:41 PM
    By chance is the sign in having issues because of your location? Have you tried setting up a new account? I do not know Skype the best for details on working in different countries.

Why is the Skype for BB10 "blocked" in China? Is the Android version "blocked" there too?

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 11:50 PM
    @eldricho
    That would be great if i can find those instructions!
    Please try your best!
    Again thanks alot!
    Its just i need this app on my phone urgently!
    Welcome mate!
    So I managed to find the thread with those instructions
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=905068
    Never tried it myself yet, so don't know how difficult it is to accomplish for ya

Posted via CB10
    Zhunaide likes this.
    03-25-14 11:54 PM
    No the android skype in unblocked. You can download android skype from play store but i dont know what problem do they have in blackberry.
    Not only skype, facebook youtube twitter are also blocked. Weird Place I live in..
    03-26-14 11:19 AM
    Welcome mate!
    So I managed to find the thread with those instructions
    Looking for bbm 2.0 bar - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    Never tried it myself yet, so don't know how difficult it is to accomplish for ya

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the link, I will start working on it!
    03-26-14 11:20 AM
    Hello everyone,
    I'm having some trouble with skype. I'm currently in china and cannot find skype in appworld. I have read mostly all the other threads regarding this topic, but none of them helped me. I'm surfing internet from 2 nights and know all the things like sideload, .BAR, APK.
    The problem is I cannot find a good BAR file. i found several. One installed but didnt start, said " Stopped, unfortunatly couldnt start" and other wont even show in mobile even after i sideload.
    I also installed APK files but its stucks on signing in.
    I'm a NOOB in all this matter therefore I would be thankful if somebody helped me.
    I'm looking for a skype.bar file of latest version which is 4.4.507.41401. Cant find it on net and turning Apk isnt what i can do.
    P.S: I have q10 and it has the latest software which is 10.1.2.2102.

Please if someone has time, help me on this issue, I also contacted blackberry on twitter, they asked me for the details but havent replied me yet.
    SKYPE can't be found on BlackBerry World, regardless of OS version you run. 2 options:
    1) Go out of the country (China) and skype will show on BlackBerry world. You may go to HK.
    2) Turn off "mobile network" & "Data transfer" + switch on VPN. Thereafter, you will see Skype on BlackBerry world.

I am using Q10 residing in China.

Dave
    04-01-14 08:44 AM
    By using a VPN service, you can manipulate your machine's IP address to specific location like US, therein you can unlock access to restricted contents in china include skype in BlackBerry world.
    Hope it could help.
    04-07-14 12:10 PM