I don't know if anyone else has experienced this but I have had to reload my Q10 a few times due to having to get my handset repaired; I backed everything up and reloaded my contacts only to find that some entries were duplicated and Skype had overwritten every address entry I had carefully entered!

WTF!

I spent a lot of time making sure my contacts were up to date and now bloody skype has decided the vague entries on it's database are more correct than my exact street addresses! It's not added an extra address entry, it's overwritten them.

Everytime I start to fall back in love with my BBQ10 it has a spectacular f***up like this!

*sob*

Knowledge is power... Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 04:34 PM
    Stop the syncing of Skype contacts in the Skype app and you're fine

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 06:10 PM
    I'm getting thousands of duplicates thanks to skype. It's an awful app - rotation constantly messing up when locked, looks like a windows phone app and press areas are too small/often unclear. Wish I didn't need to use it.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z10
    02-07-14 07:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    But if I have reloaded the handset will it lose my original links with skype or will it simply not add them again?

Knowledge is power... Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 07:14 PM
    Try it again with the new update

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 11:40 PM
    It's not adding them again, but all the contacts remain in the Skype app of course

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 02:00 AM

Posted via CB10
    You can't, it's a bug within the app. If you check Do not sync it will revert back to Sync as soon as you close and reopen the app. And it will duplicate Skype contact entries in phonebook into infinity. In two days of usage I had four duplicates of each Skype contact. It was pita to clean it up
    02-08-14 04:20 AM
    You can't, it's a bug within the app. If you check Do not sync it will revert back to Sync as soon as you close and reopen the app. And it will duplicate Skype contact entries in phonebook into infinity. In two days of usage I had four duplicates of each Skype contact. It was pita to clean it up
    Must be a flaw then. Contacts are going strong for awhile now with the syncing off.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 08:41 AM
    Must be a flaw then. Contacts are going strong for awhile now with the syncing off.

Posted via CB10
    I don't know about the latest release, but there was definitely a bug in the previous version, adding contacts regardless of the settings. This has been reported by many in the CB forums. I myself do not even dare try the recent Skype update until I see reports coming out that indeed the bug has been fixed. This is getting really annoying!

Posted via Z10
    02-08-14 10:37 AM
    I spent a lot of time making sure my contacts were up to date and now bloody skype has decided the vague entries on it's database are more correct than my exact street addresses! It's not added an extra address entry, it's overwritten them.
    07-14-14 09:20 AM
    Slainte, Knowledge is power... Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 04:44 PM
    I feel your pain! I finally gave up on skype because of this exact flaw, now I get everyone to use BBM voice call, just waiting on the video call update! I still use skype on my laptop but gave up on the handset version - too many annoying hiccups!

Slainte, Knowledge is power... Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 04:46 PM