Dear users,

I had a call with a friend on Skype and I shared a photo with this contact during the call: I pushed Skype app to background, found the photo in File Browser, chose share with Skype, then I chose the contact and Skype crashed after sending it. The call was on during the whole procedure. I was not able to recover the call afterwards. Whenever I opened the contact, Skype crashed. It tried to reopen itself in few seconds, but it crashed repeatedly. Opening any other contact (and showing the chat history), makes no problem. I can call others. Only that certain contact crashes Skype, without even displaying the chat history.

I did remove and tried to re-add the contact, but Skype crashes, when the contact is opened in the search results.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the Skype app. No change in behaviour. But I sensed that the settings was read really quickly, so uninstalling the app did not remove that.

I would like to delete all the settings for Skype, but I couldn't find their location.

Using Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141
    Skype 4.4.507.41401

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Regards,
    04-12-14 01:10 PM
    Id suggest this. Reinstall Skype, then go to Device Monitor > Storage. Find Skype, tap on it, then tap delete. This seems to be the best way of deleting bot native and Android apps to clean out the crap left behind. Then reboot, and install.
    04-12-14 01:26 PM
    Dear Ellesar.cm,

I followed your suggestion, but it didn't help : delete Skype and data, reboot, install. After login and opening the contact, Skype crashed again. Other contacts are fine.
    04-12-14 03:09 PM
    Dear Elessar.cm,

Sorry for the typo in your name.
    04-12-14 03:14 PM
    I went through the removal process several times and also deleted everything belonging to that specific contact within my Skype account (the history and the contact itself). Then I could search for the contact and send them a connection request - Skype did not crash as it did previously! But, as soon as I checked in "recent" for the conversation with the contact and open the contact, Skype crashed.

I'm wondering about something else, too: when I do a fresh install of Skype, the app weights about 16 MB, but it has already an extra 5 MB Data with it. Is that expected? Or, is there any other place, where Skype stores data? Is there any way to only delete the Data belonging to an app?

Thanks for reading. Any suggestion is welcome.
    04-14-14 04:12 PM
    Another fishy thing:

Deleted the recent conversation with the contact;
    Deleted Skype and its data;
    Rebooted BlackBerry;
    Installed Skype and logged in;
    Surprisingly, the conversation with the contact, all deleted two minutes ago, is present in the list of Recent. It shouldn't be there, AFAIK. As a matter of fact, no data should be available in Recent, shouldn't be?
    04-14-14 04:48 PM
    As a test, I just installed Skype on my second device (Z10), on which I recently installed a leaked OS. Skype hadn't been installed on it since the wipe and install. My recent conversations are listed. It appears that Skype saves those to our account and pulls them in when you sign in. This makes me suspect that there is something corrupted in the conversation in which you made the file transfer.

I think your only solution may be to go to the desktop version settings > Privacy, and clear the history and skype cookies. It may sound drastic, but the best I can come up with.
    rhitdoph likes this.
    04-14-14 07:54 PM
    Dear Elessar.cm

Thanks! That helped finally. I purged the history and called the contact on the desktop Skype. Then I removed all the data of the mobile Skype again (+ reinstall). I could open the contact and chat with them only after accomplishing all these steps.

It was a crazy issue, thank you for your suggestions.

Cheers
    04-15-14 03:41 PM
    You're entirely welcome. I'm glad to hear that you're back in business.
    04-15-14 03:55 PM