have skype installed via bb world. Everytime i make a video call, it starts dialing and then abruptly ends with a call failed. anyone else ahving similiar issues? I did try uninstalling and reinstallng.

thx much
    02-12-14 11:48 AM
    are you sure contact is available?
    02-12-14 12:20 PM
    Skype is a really lousy app it is very precarious on both my Z 10 & my computer

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 12:48 PM
    are you sure contact is available?
    +1

I tried to use Skype last night and had the same problem. It appeared that the contact was online (really hard to tell) but video calls failed. I tried basic txt and although didn't error, weren't responded to. After a few minutes when I assume my contact came on line(asked via basic txt msg) both chat and video worked although my video was choppy for her. Might have to do with my old wifi router, not sure.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    02-12-14 12:52 PM
    I'm sorry. Not to be contrarian Loc. But I disagree. I have used Skype on Z10 since it came out over both Network and WIFI. Over wifi it has always been OK. Over Network it was so-so. But the app has been routinely updated and is now pretty darn good over WIFI and good over network. Obviously BBM Video is extraordinary, but Skype for those without BB10 handsets is an excellent fallback.

Again, not too hard to see if someone is available. Make sure they are and try call at that time. If you want to test I'll make myself available for a 30 second call.
    02-12-14 12:59 PM
    Thanks everyone, I'll check to see if they are online. I didn't see a notification. Telling me they were online or not
    02-12-14 02:26 PM
    OK. Go to the App. Click on the People Tab. Under the name you want to contact it will have a green dot and say Available in green, if they are available. Otherwise they are not logged in. Not everyone keeps skype open and headless.

Or where it says All, click that and you will get an option for available.. Echo/ Sound Test is always available so that's another way to test or tell.
    02-12-14 02:35 PM