I just noticed Skype started showing advertisements at random moments, this really annoys me and they are also useless adds for BB10. For example this Spotify add, they do not even support the platform.
    Skype in-app advertisements?-img_00000082.jpg
    Has it always been this way, or is that something that only started on the latest versions? I thought this app was ported/edited by BlackBerry developers, why would they not block out these adds?

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    12-14-13 07:27 PM
    I just noticed Skype started showing advertisements at random moments, this really annoys me and they are also useless adds for BB10. For example this Spotify add, they do not even support the platform.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000082.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	229994
    Has it always been this way, or is that something that only started on the latest versions? I thought this app was ported/edited by BlackBerry developers, why would they not block out these adds?

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    Let's analyse this.

Skype is an android port.

Skype is a free android app.

Usually, free apps have ads in them.

Android apps have ads targeted at android devices - so they are android app ads.

You got it wrong, the app is by Skype. No, it was not so before, and the version I have here does not do that, but do you see now whay it is as it is?
    12-15-13 07:51 PM
    I understand the way Android apps work (using adds in free apps to generate income), thanks. I was just under the impression a BlackBerry team was behind porting this app, so that is why I asked.

I see now it is by Skype themselves, so I guess it makes sense. I think they are showing in the .1055 runtime, maybe the older runtimes did not support these adds.

Oh well,

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    diegonei likes this.
    12-15-13 09:02 PM