while i was reading threads in an Arabic blog that talks about Blackberry in general
    i found a thread that you can say it confirms the coming of skype , kik , instagram and whatsapp to blackberry 10 ..

An Arabic guy called Saood Khamis ( @abo_khamis ) tweeted that he got the chance to try these apps but beta versions

and here's the prove :

Skpye , kik , instagram , whastapp are coming to BB10-proxy.jpg

when i showed some people the thread they said that could be a lie or side loaded apps that won't work ..

but take a look at the pic and see skype app you can see that it's written beta beside it and to add why would we he lie ?!

we hope that we see this apps release soon !!
    02-18-13 03:51 PM
    This was all announced at launch.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 03:56 PM
    No you are wrong ,, for example whatsapp support team at first said
    The member of the Whatsapp team that got back to me said "We have no plans to support BlackBerry 10 at the moment, sorry."
    when someone emailed them asking about it .. but now email them and they will give this answer
    Hi , Thanks for you message. We are working on a native blackberry 10 client and will have more news to share soon

another example ,, instagram .. no official thread or post were said about that it's come to BB10 ..
    02-18-13 04:20 PM
    Interesting, kind of, but who is Saood Khamis and how would he be in a position to get access to these apps?

Not challenging you, just wanting some clarification.
    nquyen and coloibarra like this.
    02-18-13 04:23 PM
    I don't know much about him i just read about him today ..
    but as i saw he's Blogger, photographer and designer ..
    His blog is all about technology not only smartphones ..
    and i don't know his real position in real life ..

you can visit his blog : سعود نولوجي - saudnology or his twitter account @abo_khamis and use Google Chrome to translate it to English
    and you may find more than what i found ..
    02-18-13 04:41 PM
    Seems pretty fake to me. Where are the black background color in the icons? There goes your answer. Remember, this could be even a ported version of Andriod.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 04:53 PM
    Seems pretty fake to me. Where are the black background color in the icons? There goes your answer. Remember, this could be even a ported version of Andriod.

Posted via CB10
    The black background is there, it's just difficult to see with the dark wallpaper. If you look at the WhatsApp icon you can see the black icon background.
    02-18-13 04:57 PM
    Looks fake. Even if not fake, they are likely android sideloads.
    02-18-13 04:57 PM
    Kik were sued by blackberry, very much doubt they would be in app world, but who knows with new management.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 05:00 PM
    It looks like android sideload, I tried sideloading those apps to my Playbook so I found it is similar
    02-18-13 05:08 PM
    So, THIS is what @blackberryscoop has been up to since disappearing after the launch!

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 05:18 PM
    to all who said it's fake ,, well i don't think so for these reasons :

1.he's technology blogger
    2.he got more than 25 thousand followers in twitter ( so why would he lie to them and say that he tried these beta versions and it works fine ? )
    3.He appears in TV and Radio in Kingdom of Sudia Arabia ( KSA ) and talks about technologies

it's okai if you think it's fake and the days will show the truth :P
    02-18-13 05:29 PM
    OP, I think this is a plausible tip. Would be cool to get a little confirmation is all.
    Alooi Divona likes this.
    02-18-13 05:34 PM
    Well someones got to test these over the networks for performance and review so its possible..As long as they come people can stop the ********.
    02-18-13 06:10 PM
    Kik were sued by blackberry, very much doubt they would be in app world, but who knows with new management.

Posted via CB10
    Is that really true? Geez never knew about that.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 06:11 PM
    The Skype (Beta) app has been on the PlayBook sideloaded since the Android player was released. One version allowed you to message - no versions allowed video chat. It was a "beta" version of an android apk that was sideloaded (I had it on my PlayBook at one point).
    02-18-13 06:14 PM
    Is that really true? Geez never knew about that.

Posted via CB10
    While it's true that RIM and Kik where involved in a legal dispute, Kik is again available for BlackBerry devices. It has been for quite some time

Why are we so skeptical? Does anyone recall seeing Skype on the London gents Z10 when they demonstrated screen share during the launch event?
    Surely they would be wise to have people testing it in the wild if it is to be released soon.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    02-18-13 06:19 PM
    No my friend, it is you that has outdated info. This was all confirmed at the launch which I and many millions of people had witnessed. They began by saying that Skype and whatsapp in particular were going to be supported.

Posted via CB10
    Alooi Divona and Davod F like this.
    02-18-13 06:54 PM
    Hahahahaha what a shame that the apps didn't come as native till now..

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 11:32 PM