I hope this app keeps working , its a fantastic app!
    As long as ex.fm is working app will work :-)
    Korepab likes this.
    10-27-13 11:25 AM
    I just want to say that skooday is the only music app I use. And I use it daily, every time I get in my car. I had used songza, slacker, the grooveshark website, and nobex. Now the only one I ever use is skooday .

Thank you for the great app and best of luck to you in your future indeavours.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 11:47 AM
    I'm away in Europe at the moment and use it over wifi in hotels. Great app!

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 12:10 PM
    I just want to say that skooday is the only music app I use. And I use it daily, every time I get in my car. I had used songza, slacker, the grooveshark website, and nobex. Now the only one I ever use is skooday .

Thank you for the great app and best of luck to you in your future indeavours.

Posted via CB10
    I concur with this the app is amazing. I would have paid for it, and would pay for it I always said this.

The morons giving you one star for a service unrelated to your app are exactly that.

It's one of the only apps I use on BlackBerry 10 that feels complete and polished.
    drum likes this.
    10-27-13 12:11 PM
    That makes it different app. Combining everything into single app is possible but not worth the time. There are not only technical problems but there are legal issues as well - Microsoft has not managed to create native app for YouTube because of legal issues. Last.fm is not free service as well.

SoundCloud is not real issue as ex.fm takes quite a lot songs from SoundCloud as well. Technically ex.fm is just crawler for songs from all the web (technical details might be more complicated). If it is available for free there is huge chance that ex.fm has link to it.

Overall development of Skooday now is in limbo because of number of various reasons. Sorry about that.
    Thanks for the reply and I understand why you wouldn't want to do this, I hope you continue to develop for bb10 as this is one of my favourite apps also.
    10-27-13 03:49 PM
    Hi, since interest in paid app was low I made Skooday free. From one side it is bad thing as I lose interest to support app but I have ideas and we will see what future will bring. If you have ideas what I should do share it here.

Posted via CB10
    what about free downloading with the basics and if they want it all then there is an in app purchase option, like Jorge did with Byword and Gin & Tonic did with Craft?
    10-27-13 04:14 PM
    Is anyone else having issues with Skooday. I find it says ex.fm is down

Posted using Z30 via CB10
    11-02-13 07:46 AM
    Is anyone else having issues with Skooday. I find it says ex.fm is down

Posted using Z30 via CB10
    Well, ex.fm is down. Go to Exfm and check out "trending" or "explore" sections and you will notice that nothing is there.
    11-02-13 07:51 AM
    Yeah it's been down since last night. It's always on the weekend it goes down 8-| why does this happen?

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 08:05 AM
    Yeah it's been down since last night. It's always on the weekend it goes down 8-| why does this happen?

Posted via CB10
    ex.fm is using node.js. That basically means that if they can't handle the load they can't serve anyone.
    11-02-13 08:12 AM
    Hi, since interest in paid app was low I made Skooday free. From one side it is bad thing as I lose interest to support app but I have ideas and we will see what future will bring. If you have ideas what I should do share it here.

Posted via CB10
    I just came across this app because it was trending in my BBWorld and WOW!!! The fact that it was free was just a bonus, and I'm so glad I got it.
    Great great app daliusd, really loving it. Definitely sharing this one with everyone I know

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    daliusd likes this.
    11-09-13 02:13 PM
    Finally how's that PlayBook release going? Is it possible or is the experience not acceptable?
    ruhban, I have looked how Exfm works on PlayBook's browser. It is not perfect (a little bit slow) but it is possible to listen to your music. That's not app but still better than nothing.
    11-15-13 10:57 AM
    Who else has received an email saying Exfm is stopping service as of 15th January?

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 04:05 PM
    Exfm is shutting down definitely...

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 04:11 PM
    I did get the same email a couple of minutes ago

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 04:12 PM
    I got it as well. That sucks. I loved Skooday. SOAB!
    12-20-13 04:25 PM
    I guess we should start looking for something else...

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 04:27 PM
    What a pity, Skooday was great...

C000F331C channel
    12-20-13 04:39 PM
    Oh man nightmare hell
    12-20-13 05:04 PM
    I've just read through it properly and it seems the Playlist function of Skooday may still work even though we won't be able to love tracks anymore. Am I right? And yeah I completely agree it's a horrible situation especially for the dev who went with Exfm as a risk. I really doubt any alternatives will ever live up to it. Sad times...

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 07:58 PM
    Hi, All,

I just read the news. I will not change backing service running behind Skooday because of multiple reasons:

1) There is no guarantee that other service will not go down eventually. It is not trivial to choose the one to use as well.

2) It requires time to support other service.

3) Many of remaining market players are commercial entities and I don't want to work for them for free. In the end they can release BB10 app themselves and kick my app out by simply limiting API access to my app.

4) Writing my own ex.fm clone is not alternative as well. I can do technical side but I don't see viable financial model here.

5) I believe that BlackBerry lost mobile game.

That basically means that Skooday is dead. Thank you for all your support and it is fun to have such the amazing users.

I'm unhappy that I leave you without any alternative but there is not much I can do. I would advice into looking for HTML5 capable music streaming site. BB10 has amazing browser. You can check if Grooveshark Mobile is working for you. It is not the same as having native app but better than nothing.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years for everyone! Don't let negative things to cloud all the positive you have in your life.

Cheers,
    Dalius
    shupor, KemKev and Devil like this.
    12-22-13 04:46 PM
    I love this app

? AT&T Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?
    daliusd likes this.
    12-22-13 04:55 PM
    This is a beautiful app

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 05:14 PM
    It's a shame you went to android
    12-22-13 05:31 PM
    The best music app ever... they should do something about it!

BBM channel: C0040FF4D..... Proudly Z10 owner...
    12-22-13 05:40 PM
350 ... 1011121314