This app is awesome.

Posted via Dec Alpha C
    05-31-13 01:08 AM
    Here what you might expect in next version. I don't promise it is final version but something like that should be released.
    Skooday is free now!-img_00000109.png

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 02:22 PM
    Wow, wow, wow. Just wow.

It just keeps getting better!

Out of interest, what are the B's or S's for on the end?
    06-01-13 05:36 PM
    Wow I've read the whole thread and I'm embarrassed to be the last to absolutely love this app! It even works here in the UK unlike Songza which I had to sideload lol. However I've come across one or two problems.

1. I can't tell when the app has recognised that I have touched one of the songs in any of the lists. It would be much better if it turned blue when I touch it so I know I actually have touched it.

2. The album artwork is blurry when the app is minimised to an Active Frame which makes it look a little cheap next to an iPhone's cover flow bull**** or whatever they have. Sorry dev :/ Also I'd like a full player page like the one we see in the native music app with the controls at the bottom of the screen (along with slider) and an option to go to the player view from a list by having a small square in the top right hand side corner. I find this is very useful in the music app.

3. An equaliser would blow this app out of BlackBerry World and would allow you to charge much more than your previous price of $1.99. A pre-set equaliser for each genre of music would be great!

4. For some reason the app stops playing music halfway through a track when I'm using cellular data. This can happen anytime - when I have full coverage or partial coverage which really hinders the usability of the app outdoors where I would really love to use it.

Screenshot of blurry album artwork in Active Frame mode:
    Attachment 166598

Posted via CB10
    Have to say, no problems with blurring here in Active Frame. Maybe it's just the resolution of the artwork that's available
    06-01-13 05:38 PM
    Only song-by-song. The best you can do is to type album name in search field. I can make shortcut to do this automatically when I will show more information about song (e.g. clicking one album name will move to search window and run search automatically) but that's future.
    Thanks, tried that and I got a fair few tracks per album but to be fair I was looking for some obscure stuff. I'm sure more recent releases would have given someone the lot
    daliusd likes this.
    06-01-13 05:41 PM
    I think your app is beautiful

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 06:58 PM
    Have to say, no problems with blurring here in Active Frame. Maybe it's just the resolution of the artwork that's available
    Nope it's not unfortunately I tried it with a whole bunch of tracks. Out of about 10 tracks only 1 wasn't blurry :/
    06-01-13 07:13 PM
    I can not believe this app is totally free, I downloaded today and it is simply amazing!

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 07:23 PM
    Found the app thru this thread. Looks great!!

Question: if my wifi is on does it stream via wifi? Can't seem to find the option to choose between data or wifi

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 07:35 PM

Question: if my wifi is on does it stream via wifi? Can't seem to find the option to choose between data or wifi

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    It uses what is currently active on the Z10. If the Blackberry logo is on wifi (on the home screen) then it uses wifi. Same goes with a network data plan

Posted via my sexy Z10.
    swishhh and daliusd like this.
    06-01-13 07:52 PM

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry OS is the one controlling this. The OS prefer wifi so if you have wifi connected it will use the wifi over the data service provided by your carrier.

Posted using The Z10
    swishhh and daliusd like this.
    06-01-13 08:21 PM
    I love this app. It's really good, the only thing I'd like is for more genre separation, like sub-genre and such.

Posted via CB10
    daliusd likes this.
    06-01-13 09:03 PM
    Wow, wow, wow. Just wow.

It just keeps getting better!

Out of interest, what are the B's or S's for on the end?
    Actually I think removing them completely. B - songs has buy link from ex.fm, S - Skooday will provide link. In current implementation it will construct google search query: {artist} {title} buy mp3. Better than nothing but google is not very good at this (surprise to me). E.g. I have one artist that I found out recently, I know who publish his music and this google query does not return official way to buy his music even in first page. Therefore I can't support artist I like.

Even worse ex.fm provided links ("B") usually points to amazon (I have seen bandcamp only) what is useless to BlackBerry users as well.
    06-02-13 12:48 AM
    Thanks, tried that and I got a fair few tracks per album but to be fair I was looking for some obscure stuff. I'm sure more recent releases would have given someone the lot
    I believe there are things I can do do about this. I'm adding this to my TODO list and will try to address that or maybe solution will come itself.
    06-02-13 12:50 AM
    Nope it's not unfortunately I tried it with a whole bunch of tracks. Out of about 10 tracks only 1 wasn't blurry :/
    Ruhban, what music are you listening to? I usually listen to Western music so I guess that's why I have less problems with cover arts. Again I'm adding this to my TODO list - maybe there are ways to improve this but that's quite big task.
    06-02-13 12:52 AM
    It uses what is currently active on the Z10. If the Blackberry logo is on wifi (on the home screen) then it uses wifi. Same goes with a network data plan

Posted via my sexy Z10.
    Thanks yelmonster. That's correct answer.

Meanwhile I will investigate possibility to disable streaming through mobile network (I have seen that in other app - therefore that should be possible).
    06-02-13 12:54 AM
    This is a great app but you really gotta put screen shots for the app in the app description in BlackBerry World.
    I agree with making a free version with ads and paid version without

Posted via CB10
    sosof and LostOnThePianoRoll like this.
    06-02-13 01:20 AM
    This is a great app but you really gotta put screen shots for the app in the app description in BlackBerry World.
    Screenshots are added in App World. There is just one little detail: if you have app installed World app will not show any screenshots and long description for you. Check any installed app from computer and phone and you will see that same happens with all apps.

I agree with making a free version with ads and paid version without
    I would like to explore other possibilities. Apps with ads look bad :-)
    06-02-13 06:43 AM
    Wow, your app keeps getting better with every update, go on! I'd pay for it for sure!

Posted via my z10 - BBM channel pin C000F331C
    06-02-13 07:32 AM
    Ruhban, what music are you listening to? I usually listen to Western music so I guess that's why I have less problems with cover arts. Again I'm adding this to my TODO list - maybe there are ways to improve this but that's quite big task.
    From the app's genre list I usually listen to Overall, Hip-Hop, Pop and Soul

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 09:59 AM
    And I worked out why the music on the app wouldn't play when I was using cellular data. It's because I still had my Wi-Fi on but without a valid connection.

Posted via CB10
    daliusd likes this.
    06-02-13 10:01 AM
    Screenshots are added in App World. There is just one little detail: if you have app installed World app will not show any screenshots and long description for you. Check any installed app from computer and phone and you will see that same happens with all apps.

I would like to explore other possibilities. Apps with ads look bad :-)
    Oh ok. I'll take a look.

Well thays why you charge them for the beauty without ads

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 12:41 PM
    Been a user for a few weeks now and enjoying all the updates to the app, thanks!

I was thinking while I was out today listening to the radio, perhaps a feature to identify music like Shazam or SoundHound would further enhance this app and/or give you a reason to produce a paid version of the app? (I'd definitely pay for it!) I'm not sure if the technology that these services use is proprietary or not, but I figured it'd be a great compliment to an ex.fm app like this as it'd give users the ability to identify and then listen to music almost instantaneously. Hope this is a possible update in the future.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 10:59 PM
    I'll download now to support!

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 03:46 AM
    Skooday is free now!-img_00000481.png
    Skooday is free now!-img_00000478.png
    Skooday is free now!-img_00000482.png

New features coming soon in next update

Bbm integration
    Custom backgrounds option
    Current playing song highlight