How do you put a song on repeat? Is that possible yet.
    05-25-13 03:11 PM
    How do you put a song on repeat? Is that possible yet.
    Not possible yet. In TODO list already :-)
    ruhban and webber35 like this.
    05-25-13 03:21 PM
    Hey dude, this app is unreal! Was wondering if you could implement multiple play lists as well as a shuffle feature

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 07:26 PM
    Hey dude, this app is unreal! Was wondering if you could implement multiple play lists as well as a shuffle feature

Posted via CB10
    Both features are already in my TODO list. I can't say exact date or with which update that will be released however.
    05-26-13 12:51 AM
    Hi, All,

Just little warning: there is bug in BlackBerry that makes Skooday freeze on some songs. The only way out is to restart phone. I am looking for workaround for this problem and will release update as soon as possible. Meanwhile do not panic if Skooday freezes.
    00stryder likes this.
    05-27-13 12:39 AM
    Thanks for the update.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 06:21 AM
    Dude I would si pay for this app. Rinda me of BBM music minus the sharing and the limited count.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 06:39 AM
    Downloading Skooday right now! I didn't even know about this app til today and would have gladly paid for it! OP needs better marketing skills like Steve Jobs and not Steve Wozniak ^^

You should set up a link to donate on PayPal or something so app lovers could send you some love for making the app free

Posted via CB10
    daliusd likes this.
    05-27-13 07:41 AM
    Downloading Skooday right now! I didn't even know about this app til today and would have gladly paid for it! OP needs better marketing skills like Steve Jobs and not Steve Wozniak ^^

You should set up a link to donate on PayPal or something so app lovers could send you some love for making the app free

Posted via CB10

I second that! I would be willing to donate a bit so that you can see that your efforts are appreciated. Honestly, I use this app a lot now and am so thankful for it. Signed up for an ex.fm account everything. A little bug I noticed though is that clicking on a song to get it to play takes a while before it registers. so for example, i click on a song, and the play bar with the scrubber line and album cover doesnt show up straight away. so usually i dont know if my touch was not sensitive enough or if there is a lag in recognizing it. maybe a fix for that?
    daliusd likes this.
    05-27-13 12:32 PM
    I second that! I would be willing to donate a bit so that you can see that your efforts are appreciated. Honestly, I use this app a lot now and am so thankful for it. Signed up for an ex.fm account everything. A little bug I noticed though is that clicking on a song to get it to play takes a while before it registers. so for example, i click on a song, and the play bar with the scrubber line and album cover doesnt show up straight away. so usually i dont know if my touch was not sensitive enough or if there is a lag in recognizing it. maybe a fix for that?
    I have fix for exactly your problem already but I want to solve freeze problem as well (solution in the progress) as they are related a little bit.

I will really give opportunity in the future to express your thankfulness. Now the best thing you could do for me is to spread the word about this app.
    05-27-13 12:46 PM
    I have fix for exactly your problem already but I want to solve freeze problem as well (solution in the progress) as they are related a little bit.
    Version 0.3.2 is approved and should be available to everyone later today. That's bug fix release with some little UI/UX improvements (including loading indicator when you click on song).

If you still experience app freeze (app can't be launched anymore and icon looks dimmed) let me know about it. Ideally with song name you have tried to run.
    05-29-13 01:48 AM
    Can i just say I'm another one who randomly read about this app and love it! I think there needs to be more exposure and maybe clarity about what this app does! Great work nonetheless !

Posted via CB10
    daliusd likes this.
    05-29-13 03:19 AM
    Even more updates in the next version. Yes you heard right. In the next update:

- song timer
    - repeat function for playlist
    - shuffle
    - bbm broadcast integration

This on top of everything else already included. Did I mention it's free?

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/26725872

Preview of new features coming soon

Skooday is free now!-img_00000444.png
    Skooday is free now!-img_00000441.png
    Skooday is free now!-img_00000443.png
    Skooday is free now!-img_00000442.png

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    00stryder likes this.
    05-29-13 02:42 PM
    Wow I've read the whole thread and I'm embarrassed to be the last to absolutely love this app! It even works here in the UK unlike Songza which I had to sideload lol. However I've come across one or two problems.

1. I can't tell when the app has recognised that I have touched one of the songs in any of the lists. It would be much better if it turned blue when I touch it so I know I actually have touched it.

2. The album artwork is blurry when the app is minimised to an Active Frame which makes it look a little cheap next to an iPhone's cover flow bull**** or whatever they have. Sorry dev :/ Also I'd like a full player page like the one we see in the native music app with the controls at the bottom of the screen (along with slider) and an option to go to the player view from a list by having a small square in the top right hand side corner. I find this is very useful in the music app.

3. An equaliser would blow this app out of BlackBerry World and would allow you to charge much more than your previous price of $1.99. A pre-set equaliser for each genre of music would be great!

4. For some reason the app stops playing music halfway through a track when I'm using cellular data. This can happen anytime - when I have full coverage or partial coverage which really hinders the usability of the app outdoors where I would really love to use it.

Screenshot of blurry album artwork in Active Frame mode:
    Skooday is free now!-img_00000489.png

Posted via CB10
    daliusd likes this.
    05-29-13 04:51 PM
    Wow I've read the whole thread and I'm embarrassed to be the last to absolutely love this app! It even works here in the UK unlike Songza which I had to sideload lol. However I've come across one or two problems.
    I love comments like this. Let me answer to your points:

1. I will address this one.

2. Unfortunately I can't do anything about cover. I take all information including covers from ex.fm. Some songs simply do not have good covers. Meanwhile full page player most probably will be done in the future - I don't have clear idea yet about it.

3. Nice ideas but it is quite complicated to implement it now. Still I love it.

4. This one is out of my control most probably. The good news that I'm using BlackBerry component for playing music and if BlackBerry will address it then it will be solved in Skooday as well. I have tested it with cellular data but my testing is useless as I live in one those countries who have fastest internet in the world. Actually we are under massive DDOS attack from Russia now and we don't even feel that (I hope it will stay this way).

Thanks for your comments and I hope you will still enjoy this app despite its shortcomings that I can't address. The problems I can address will be addressed in the future.
    ruhban likes this.
    05-30-13 12:16 AM
    Now, I downloaded original non-cascades version at first and this is app turned to be real gem. It's really cool to see before your eyes each iteration get better and better.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 12:51 AM
    Skooday is showing up in BB World as one of the trending apps For all of you guys who haven't spread the word, please do so and help this app gain a lot more exposure. A dev like this, who actually gives a damn about his app, should be supported!
    00stryder, R Field and daliusd like this.
    05-30-13 12:11 PM
    just loaded on my Z10 (not for playbook?) worked instantly. could there be a feature to select and queue music?
    05-30-13 01:15 PM
    just loaded on my Z10 (not for playbook?) worked instantly. could there be a feature to select and queue music?
    Here is what is already available in app: in "Trending" "Explore" and etc. menu you can find "Add songs to playlist". As well press and hold individual song and you will be able to "Add to playlist". "Skooday" tab will become playlist with songs you have added. Is it what you are looking for?

In the future I plan to implement possibility to have multiple playlists.

About playbook: I still expect that BB10 will be available for PlayBook
    05-30-13 01:37 PM
    How about local storage? If there's a license or some sort of rule you need to conform to you could make the user connect the app to a data network at least once everyday.
    05-30-13 02:17 PM
    How about local storage? If there's a license or some sort of rule you need to conform to you could make the user connect the app to a data network at least once everyday.
    Most probably I would end up with legal and financial problems if somebody audited app and found something like this. I would love if I could provide that but I guess that would require some monthly payment so I could pay royalties (is that right word?). The best I could do now is to redirect to sites where you could buy mp3s and support artists you love

Posted via CB10
    ruhban likes this.
    05-30-13 02:59 PM
    Hmm that's a pity. Oh well the app's great anyway.
    I think that's the right word lol

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 05:25 PM
    As one of the first to praise the dev on the original U I (how little did I know once he got going he would create this!) just want to say how great these updates have been. The album cover stuff is really cool!

Thank you, thank you, thank you. We'll done to you for being brave and taking this free and engaging CB. I've left another positive review in BBWORLD and noticed your a 5 star app and there aren't that many of those around.

Would be quite willing, as others have said, to make a donation to you for your efforts somehow.

Posted via CB10
    R Field, amp323 and daliusd like this.
    05-30-13 05:38 PM
    One last thing, is there a way to pick a complete album or is it song by song?

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 06:08 PM
    One last thing, is there a way to pick a complete album or is it song by song?
    Only song-by-song. The best you can do is to type album name in search field. I can make shortcut to do this automatically when I will show more information about song (e.g. clicking one album name will move to search window and run search automatically) but that's future.
    05-31-13 12:30 AM
350 ... 34567 ...