Hi, since interest in paid app was low I made Skooday free. From one side it is bad thing as I lose interest to support app but I have ideas and we will see what future will bring. If you have ideas what I should do share it here.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 02:17 PM
    Thanks for doing that. But, maybe post below on the benefits of it etc. try and 'sell' it to the CrackBerry community...

BlackBerry World - Skooday
    05-09-13 08:06 PM
    Oh my. This is the app I need. Unlike stereotube which stream video, this just stream music which is bandwidth friendly hence more responsive.

Thanks for posting... and making it free I guess. You should promoted it much more before losing interest on it. If this is not free and knew this before I'll buy it.

I'll try to promote it and leave a review

Posted using The Z10
    daliusd likes this.
    05-10-13 12:19 AM
    Let's try :-)

A lot of free legal music to listen from internet on your BB 10 device.

Long version: ex.fm client. Ex.fm (Exfm) is music service that collects music from various sources (e.g. soundcloud, tumblr and etc.) and allows you to listen music on their web-site, using Chrome extension or on Android or iPhone.

I have written app for BlackBerry 10 (Z10 works, Q10 should work as well - I don't have real device). You can search for music, listen for trending music, simply explore music or listen for your favorite songs (for the last option you should sign-in). That's basically it ;-)
    ruhban and DJRikko like this.
    05-10-13 12:20 AM
    Posting screenshot for you

The app is simple and straight forward.

Search. Popular. And tags / category (?)
    Skooday is free now!-img_00000148.png
    Skooday is free now!-img_00000149.png
    Skooday is free now!-img_00000150.png
    Attachment 160084
    daliusd likes this.
    05-10-13 12:29 AM
    Thanks for posting... and making it free I guess.
    You are welcome. App will be free forever.

You should promoted it much more before losing interest on it. If this is not free and knew this before I'll buy it.
    Well, I'm good developer but very bad at marketing Basically my plan now is to see how people will react to free app (how many downloads, their reactions and etc.) and based on that I will try to figure out what to do next. I see at least several ways to keep app supported now:

1. Allow to vote for new features by paying for them through in-app purchase. Problem with this one is that people don't like in-app purchases. Or maybe simply put somewhere PayPal donate link. Overall that's not very attractive option.

2. Currently download links inside app points to Amazon (usually). This is basically useless for BlackBerry users as they can't play mp3 from Amazon (unless someone figured out the way). There are situations when it points to alternative services (bandcamp). Maybe I will do here something. This one looks the most promising.

3. Add ads to app. No, I'm kidding. I don't want to ruin beautiful app I have made

4. Make it open-source. Again, most probably no as that most probably will mean that app will die.

There are other alternatives but I'm not very interested in them.

I'll try to promote it and leave a review
    Thank you very much. I appreciate that. If you have suggestions or complains let me know about that (here, by e-mail or whatever else).
    R Field likes this.
    05-10-13 12:46 AM
    Thx... There is a easy way for promoting apps, Marketing is everything.
    Thx for dev. This app will try it later
    05-10-13 01:19 AM
    I just downloaded this app!its great! Definitely better than 8tracks and the likes as this is native app. Ui improvements can be made but overall good solid app.

You can market your app by adding more description in bb world and more screenshots. In that way people will have a better idea on what the app is.

Goodluck!

Posted via CB10
    daliusd likes this.
    05-10-13 02:05 AM
    I agree better description and screenshot would help a lot on blackberry world

Posted using The Z10
    05-10-13 02:08 AM
    Pretty amazed how good the app is. Thanks for making it free. Good start. Would love to see a better search assistance.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 02:11 AM
    Pretty amazed how good the app is. Thanks for making it free. Good start. Would love to see a better search assistance.

Posted via CB10
    Could you give more details what should be improved in search?
    05-10-13 02:19 AM
    I agree better description and screenshot would help a lot on blackberry world

Posted using The Z10
    I am not afraid to appear stupid: how description could be improved? I'm not native English speaker and geek - those two do not help writing great descriptions
    Last edited by daliusd; 05-10-13 at 02:35 AM.
    05-10-13 02:21 AM
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but the app stops playing if the screen shuts off...Is there a setting that I am missing?
    Otherwise this looks like a great start.
    Would definitely pay for it with a bit more polish.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 03:15 AM
    Why not opensource the project and set up a website to accept donations to support the application?
    05-10-13 03:26 AM
    I am not afraid to appear stupid: how description could be improved? I'm not native English speaker and geek - those two do not help writing great descriptions
    Starting with Screenshots to your post like magsasaka did.. Add a link to BBworld... Maybe a short youtube Video....
    05-10-13 03:32 AM
    Starting with Screenshots to your post like magsasaka did.. Add a link to BBworld... Maybe a short youtube Video....
    I did YouTube video sometime ago:

(it is older version but it is not very different from newer). Actually I did everything you suggest except screenshots :-)
    05-10-13 03:38 AM
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but the app stops playing if the screen shuts off...Is there a setting that I am missing?
    Otherwise this looks like a great start.
    Would definitely pay for it with a bit more polish.

Posted via CB10
    What phone do you have: Z10 or Q10? I am using daily this app on Z10 myself and turning screen off shouldn't affect anything. I suspect that if there is setting it is system wide. I can't speak about Q10 behavior however.
    05-10-13 03:40 AM
    Why not opensource the project and set up a website to accept donations to support the application?
    That's one of the options I consider. We will see :-)
    05-10-13 03:41 AM
    But ppl are lazy so you have to bring it to them now we have it all in a thread. A link a Video some Screenshots...
    05-10-13 03:44 AM
    Wow. Nice app.. not sure how I missed this before.

Posted via CB10
    daliusd likes this.
    05-10-13 03:52 AM
    Great app. I'll be endorsing this to ny fellow Z10 users.

Posted via my sexy Z10.
    daliusd likes this.
    05-10-13 04:18 AM
    does the app stop playing when going to next song?
    05-10-13 04:30 AM
    does the app stop playing when going to next song?
    Basically yes. I can't say to BB10 system to load next song while current song is playing. I would be more than happy myself to remove those silence moments between songs. Maybe it will be possible to address that in the future - BlackBerry does a good job when working with developers.
    05-10-13 04:37 AM
    Bug report: swipe to the left with the keyboard doesn't work when trying to delete text inputted within the app.

Posted via my sexy Z10.
    daliusd likes this.
    05-10-13 04:53 AM
    Basically yes. I can't say to BB10 system to load next song while current song is playing. I would be more than happy myself to remove those silence moments between songs. Maybe it will be possible to address that in the future - BlackBerry does a good job when working with developers.
    so i would have to tap on play again if i would like to play the next?
    05-10-13 04:55 AM
350 123 ...