I'm trying to find a native BB10 app that will display Ag spot price in an Active Frame, so I can leave it open the way I had a widget on my Android homescreen and get realtime updates without having to fullscreen the app. Not a paper stock price for SLV, I want the commodity spot price. Anyone got any leads? Gold spot price would be nice too, but it absolutely must give me the silver spot price.
    05-24-16 09:27 PM
    you won't find that for Bb10. Active frames don't operate like android widgets.
    05-25-16 09:42 AM
    Jaydee is correct. The active frames will not do this PLUS there are no apps in BBW (that I am aware of) that has this info other than Kcast Gold Live (Kitco). Even though it says "Live", I am very sure it is not. You can set the updates to refresh every 1 minute but even that seems phony to me. All the precious metals list spot prices and also base metals, oil spot price,DJIA, and USD Index. I have found it to be the best app in BBW for this, but it clearly will not do what you want. It is a free download so you can check it out. Even with an app such as Splashtop, where you can duplicate your laptop screen (I quite often use this to view my real-time TD Active Trader on my Passport) you can minimize to active frame, but you can notice that there is no action on your screen until you maximize the app. When maximized, however, I can view spot prices, but this means you have to have your laptop or PC on as well. So it is a work-around with many drawbacks.
    05-25-16 10:29 AM
    Not sure why folks are claiming that this is technically not possible in an active frame, since it is. Heck, even the CB10 app updates its active frame content every few seconds.
    But you may struggle to find an app nonetheless.
    Michael_Stewart likes this.
    05-25-16 10:49 AM
    Not sure why folks are claiming that this is technically not possible in an active frame, since it is. Heck, even the CB10 app updates its active frame content every few seconds.
    But you may struggle to find an app nonetheless.
    Thanks, I figured it would be possible, I just struggle to find an app that does this. So far my favorite one to focus on just the one thing I want to focus on is NetDania but it still isn't live.
    05-25-16 11:31 AM
    When I say realtime I mispoke. What I mean is, relatively recent information. If it can update once a minute, once every half hour, even once or twice a day or something like that, that's great. I just don't want to have to keep opening the app to see what the most recent spot price update is like how I'm doing on NetDania.
    05-25-16 09:29 PM