Looks like there is a petition on Change.org to keep WhatsApp alive for BBOS.

https://www.change.org/p/facebook-ke...rry-10-devices
    06-04-17 02:04 AM
    Even if this petition is signed by every single user of Whatsapp on BBOS, it would change nothing. How could it? Facebook knows exactly how many users there are on each platform; they have weighed the cost of supporting those users and have decided it isn't worth the time or money.

No petition will change this simple truth.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-17 02:12 AM
    Even if this petition is signed by every single user of Whatsapp on BBOS, it would change nothing. How could it? Facebook knows exactly how many users there are on each platform; they have weighed the cost of supporting those users and have decided it isn't worth the time or money.

No petition will change this simple truth.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm, I thought it had less to do with the amount of BB10 users left and more with the fact that they needed certain API's for new features which BlackBerry wasn't willing to open up?

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    06-04-17 04:15 PM
    06-16-17 12:40 PM
    Hmm, I thought it had less to do with the amount of BB10 users left and more with the fact that they needed certain API's for new features which BlackBerry wasn't willing to open up?

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    API's supported in Android 2.3 but not BlackBerry's Android Runtime? Plausible, more likely to be a cost-cutting process.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-17 01:37 PM
    API's supported in Android 2.3 but not BlackBerry's Android Runtime? Plausible, more likely to be a cost-cutting process.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry Android runtime is used with the Android version of WhatsApp, not withe the native one.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-17 12:52 AM
    BlackBerry Android runtime is used with the Android version of WhatsApp, not withe the native one.

Posted via CB10
    I was talking about WhatsApp dropping support for BlackBerry 10, and an official Android port would be as welcome (to save production costs). If WhatsApp's plans include accessing features of the OS BlackBerry haven't built API's for (and this is the reason that support is being pulled) then that would be peculiar in light of the expectation that the Android version will work.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-17 06:34 AM