@CanuckCam,

Agree.

All those profiles and more were possible to do with ShortcutMe and NFCShortcuts apps on BlackBerry OS 7.
    But yet not possible to achieve on BB10. That is sad.

The biggest thing that bothers me is the Wifi API bug, that causes the Wifi not being controllable from a 3rd party app (like the way Bluetooth is easily controlled using the APIs). I have installed latest 10.2 leak and built the app with 10.2 SDK hoping that the Wifi API bug was gone, but unfortunately the bug is still there in 10.2 OS. I reported this bug to BlackBerry in January this year. I don't know why they haven't managed to fix it in 10.1 or 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 07:12 AM
    Thanks for all the feedback Vijik, still can't decide whether to invest in MyProfilesPro or ShortcutMe, as SM seems like a better investment for me in the future once the APIs are available. I like what MPP can do now, but I would prefer to do everything automatically.

Posted via CB10 on my white Z10 & lovin' it!
    or you could do what I did - buy both, as you can use the 2 in combination in fact. And it supports Viviks efforts just that little bit more
    00stryder and mirren like this.
    08-08-13 01:41 PM
    or you could do what I did - buy both, as you can use the 2 in combination in fact. And it supports Viviks efforts just that little bit more
    Good idea, I like the idea of supporting Vijik doubly, though I just don't want to have redundant apps on my phone. Well, I could always just buy both, try them both out, and uninstall the one that doesn't work for me.

08-08-13 01:47 PM
    Good idea, I like the idea of supporting Vijik doubly, though I just don't want to have redundant apps on my phone. Well, I could always just buy both, try them both out, and uninstall the one that doesn't work for me.

I like the idea of supporting Vijik's work of course, but it is not a redundant app I promise you. As I say you can use them in combination - the features of both compliment each other by one app calling each other. Everyone is a winner
    00stryder likes this.
    08-09-13 03:04 PM
    I like the idea of supporting Vijik's work of course, but it is not a redundant app I promise you. As I say you can use them in combination - the features of both compliment each other by one app calling each other. Everyone is a winner
    Thanks for the honest input, looks like I'm getting both!

08-09-13 07:29 PM
    Yes it works normally from the app, but stuttering happens when I use the my world shortcut from Shortcutme

Posted via CB10
    Were you able to duplicate this bug or is it just me having the problem? Guess I can try reinstalling Shortcutme, I just didn't want to have to remake all my many shortcuts

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 09:18 PM
    Were you able to duplicate this bug or is it just me having the problem? Guess I can try reinstalling Shortcutme, I just didn't want to have to remake all my many shortcuts

Posted via CB10
    No, I couldn't reproduce it on BB10.0.9.6xx or BlackBerry 10.2.0.1047 (ShortcutMe 10.0.28).
    08-11-13 09:01 AM
    Im a die hard keyboard user. Your app as good as it may be- i am unable to use it without keyboard shortcuts. Is there anyway to make a shortcut to a keyboard key in q10? Basically i want to replicate quicklaunch in Bb10. I really dont know what they r thinking!!
    08-11-13 11:50 AM
    @ajaymalkani,

Assigning one or more keyboard key to launch shortcuts was the idea behind ShortcutMe when it was introduced for the first time in 2009.
    Other apps, like the one you mentioned, copied that later on.

ShortcutMe 10, does not have all the features ShortcutMe 6 had on legacy BlackBerry OS, but assigning keypad keys to shortcuts are implemented.
    Just set 'shortcut keys' to the shortcut you create, then to launch that shortcut open ShortcutMe and hit the key(s) you have assigned for that shortcut.
    08-11-13 12:15 PM
    whats the point without shortcuts that can be executed thru the keyboard- i know bb has messed up and its not yr concern- just a thought-

I have bought yr software in any case so its not any issue related to that- just to clarify..

Thx

Ajay
    08-11-13 01:09 PM
    Just in case this is an option - is it possible for more device settings to be available in SM? I'm thinking specifically of having a tag in the car that increases the brightness so I can see the screen better in its holder.

The ideal would be to be able to have it happen automatically when the car's bluetooth profile is connected, but I can settle for an NFC solution...
    08-13-13 04:24 PM
    I would also love to have a brightness toggle

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 10:29 PM
    Can you change the name of the app to $hortcut me? Then at least if we type $ with universal search it's the first app to come up.

Kind of brings back the hot key functionality.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 08:12 AM
    Wait I shall. Hopefully the macro and app list functionality will return eventually.

Is it possible to launch multiple custom applications with one shortcut?
    Also, can SCM become an extended search option so that the shortcut typed in the search app is inputted to SCM if the user taps on that search option?
    Last edited by mrskycar; 10-09-13 at 12:12 PM.
    10-09-13 09:58 AM
    Any chance we could get the functionality of the "Sweep" app? You hold down the convenience key and it loads the app.

Almost brings back the bb7 hotkeys.

Also, it would be nice, for sms prompt messages, if it auto focused the text field for the message so we can start typing right away.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 02:32 AM
    Is there a list anywhere of what currently can/can't be done with NFC and BB10 - can it toggle Wifi/Mobile Data yet?
    11-30-13 05:43 AM
    Is there a list anywhere of what currently can/can't be done with NFC and BB10 - can it toggle Wifi/Mobile Data yet?
    No/No.
    It's super limited, the developer will be shy of the 10 lines list. The stock SmartTags app (on 10.2 +) is much more functional. If you have the one from 10.2.1.1055 it's evn better is it can remove the annoying prompts when you scan an automation tag.

Posted via CB10
    Oddsocket likes this.
    11-30-13 09:48 PM
    Can I send a BBM to someone with a predefined message? "On way home"

I had it set as a text but I want to do the same as a BBM now.

I put message in the keys section but all it seems to do is open a chat field, no text, does not send message.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 12:29 PM
    I saw in another thread that vijik has left the company back in August. Is this app now dead? There hasn't been an update in awhile.
    01-18-14 10:08 PM
    Any chance there is still development for this app?

EDIT: I just read the app description in BlackBerry World.
    Last edited by mrskycar; 04-09-14 at 11:13 AM.
    04-09-14 11:01 AM
    Understand there is a PL DONT BUY On BBW.

Explain??

Z10 STL 100-1 ON 10.2.1.2758 -10.3 BROWSER AND SETTINGS.
    04-09-14 11:08 AM
    Hi everyone , new in this forum and a proud owner of Q10.
    Is there any chance that this app will come to BBOS 10.3 ..
    01-03-15 08:02 AM
222 ... 789