HA! My tags showed up today. Gave them a quick test - All good. Went and grabbed your MyProfilesPro and ShortCutMe apps so I'm set to start making tags. The apps look good so far. Thanks.
    FYI :

I am testing a new version of ShortcutMe that, in addition to let you make a NFC tag for each shortcut, will also allow you to make a tag that can launch ShortcutMe and open a shortcut Folder in it.

This new feature will help you for example to have a nfc tag in the car where a tap on it will show all the shortcuts you have made for the car, like calling your partner, calling your close friends, openingmap, toggling BT, launch media player, etc. So that you can easily launch those shortcuts if you Need to.
    hannibalmoot, AxKxB and 00stryder like this.
    03-19-13 03:31 PM
    Hi there - if we already own ShortcutMe6 for older OS builds (9900), do we have to repurchase the new version?

Thanks!
    03-20-13 11:05 PM
    Hi there - if we already own ShortcutMe6 for older OS builds (9900), do we have to repurchase the new version?

Thanks!
    Yes.
    Cascade ShortcutMe on BlackBerry 10 is a different product than Java ShortcutMe on BlackBerry OS.

Please also be aware than many of the features in the Java ShortcutMe on BlackBerry OS are/could not be ported to Cascade ShortcutMe.
    03-21-13 07:17 AM
    ShortcutMe 10.0.15 is now approved so you should be able to download it within the next 20 hours.

This new version lets you create NFC tags also for Shortcut folders, and shortcut search results in ShortcutMe.
    This new feature is explained in the Help screen of the app.

A known bug in this version is that the backup/restore function doesn't work. Will fix this in near future.
    03-21-13 07:24 AM
    Yes.
    Cascade ShortcutMe on BlackBerry 10 is a different product than Java ShortcutMe on BlackBerry OS.

Please also be aware than many of the features in the Java ShortcutMe on BlackBerry OS are/could not be ported to Cascade ShortcutMe.
    OK - thanks. Just purchased it and MyProfiles Pro.
    03-21-13 07:47 AM
    Is there a beginner tutorial for NFC in BB10?

What is the difference between ShortcutMe and MyProfilePro? They both are NFC enabled and BBM Connected. They both set up nfc shortcuts?

Sorry for my confusion; it probably is pretty straightforward once I get my head wrapped around the concept.

What I want to do is set an NFC tag on my desk at work that will set my phone to 'silent' sound profile. Another in my car to switch it back to 'normal' I usually forget to do it and end up annoying my co-workers with the noise AND missing phone calls/BBMs from my wife on my way home. With the tags in easy sight and with a simple tap, this shoud be easy to accomplish (I would think).

I was given a couple of tags from the Rogers Wireless Mobile I bought my Z10 from and would like to use them. Which program do I use to set them up?

Thanks.

45 year old NFC newbie.
    03-25-13 02:46 PM
    Is there a beginner tutorial for NFC in BB10?

What is the difference between ShortcutMe and MyProfilePro? They both are NFC enabled and BBM Connected. They both set up nfc shortcuts?

Sorry for my confusion; it probably is pretty straightforward once I get my head wrapped around the concept.

What I want to do is set an NFC tag on my desk at work that will set my phone to 'silent' sound profile. Another in my car to switch it back to 'normal' I usually forget to do it and end up annoying my co-workers with the noise AND missing phone calls/BBMs from my wife on my way home. With the tags in easy sight and with a simple tap, this shoud be easy to accomplish (I would think).

I was given a couple of tags from the Rogers Wireless Mobile I bought my Z10 from and would like to use them. Which program do I use to set them up?

Thanks.

45 year old NFC newbie.
    Currently neither Shortcut Me, My profiles pro, nor BlackBerry Smart Tag can switch sound profile. That is because there are currently no APIs in bb10 for that.

To answer your question, for programming a tag, if you want the tag to initiate a call, open a web page, send text message, send email, or show a text, you can just use the Smart Tag that is already available on your BB.

If you want a tap on a NFC tag to do other things, or run a combination of tasks, then MyProfilesPro and ShortcutMe could be used.

Programming NFC tags is easy and intuitive in all the 3 apps mentioned above.
    Let me know if you need help with that.

I guess in your case, I would first use Smart Tags app to see if you can write a phone number to the tag. If so, you know that the Tag is supported by BlackBerry and that the NFC antenna, etc is working on your bb.
    BlueRocks likes this.
    03-26-13 07:24 AM
    ’Currently neither Shortcut Me, My profiles pro, nor BlackBerry Smart Tag can switch sound profile. That is because there are currently no APIs in bb10 for that.‘

Even though the sound profile can't be changed, changing the volume has been realized.
    I think his request is just like that, and can be satisfied by myprofile now.

does BB have plan to open API to developers? hope that
    03-26-13 09:16 AM
    ...If you want a tap on a NFC tag to do other things, or run a combination of tasks, then MyProfilesPro and ShortcutMe could be used....
    ’Even though the sound profile can't be changed, changing the volume has been realized.
    I think his request is just like that, and can be satisfied by myprofile now.

does BB have plan to open API to developers? hope that
    Thanks for the replies.

I have read both descriptions in Blackberry World on my PC for the ShortcutMe and MyProfilePro apps and I don't see what the difference is. Does MyProfilePro only change my Z10 settings and ShortcutMe do that and more?

Do I need both programs to set up a tag?

Slightly moot right now as I tried setting up the free tags I was given by Wireless Express as you suggested and neither of them work with BB10. I'll pass them on to my son (and his NFC Curve) and I will look on Amazon for some more tags.

Thanks again.

Blue.
    Rifaat Majiet likes this.
    03-26-13 10:30 AM
    Currently, MyProfilePro runs multiple tasks when a NFC tag is tapped, ShortcutMe does only one task (in a shortcut) for a tap. (I am currently adding macros to ShortcutMe, if successful so it can be added to official version, each shortcut will be able to run unlimited number of tasks).

Tasks in MyProfilePro are limited to what user wants in various profile change (home, office, etc). Tasks in Shortcutme are just limited to what APIs allow on BB10.

MyProfilesPro will be very easy to setup but it will be limited to 10-15 tasks that can be set to launch when a NFC tag is tapped.
    ShortcutMe will end up being very powerful and flexible and as a result more difficult to setup (write macro).

You don't need both apps to write a tag. what app you need is based on what you want to do when a tag is tapped.

BlackBerry does not support NFC tags that are not standard, like mifare classic 1k (and 4k).

Mifare ultralight and mifare ultralight C are standard and supported by BlackBerry.
    AxKxB and BlueRocks like this.
    03-26-13 01:45 PM
    Vijik, After upgrading to 10.0.15 I am still not able to backup settings or change the wallpaper, just shows up as a black screen...

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 12:14 AM
    Already up and running

Attachment 141827

One question though, how do I get the launch via voice control to work, as of no if I say new contact it offers a Web search :s

The initial setup:
    Attachment 141828

Posted via CB10
    How do get the system info on your home screen. (battery and ram)
    03-27-13 12:35 AM
    +1 Would love to see that on my device too. Thanks!
    03-27-13 01:02 AM
    Are they ignoring us?
    03-27-13 07:13 PM
    Vijik, After upgrading to 10.0.15 I am still not able to backup settings or change the wallpaper, just shows up as a black screen...

Posted via CB10
    I can't reproduce this.
    Please check and see if SCM is allowed Shared Files Permission in BB Settings>Security and Privacy>Application Permission.

Anyone else experiencing the same problem?
    AxKxB likes this.
    03-27-13 07:13 PM
    Do you want to have Battery and Ram data on the Home Screen of BB, or ShortcutMe?
    AxKxB likes this.
    03-27-13 07:14 PM
    Do you want to have Battery and Ram data on the Home Screen of BB, or ShortcutMe?
    I have my profile so I want the battery and ram data on the home screen
    03-28-13 07:30 AM
    I have my profile so I want the battery and ram data on the home screen
    What home screen?
    03-28-13 07:40 AM
    03-28-13 01:00 PM
    AK.B,

Do you use an app for the battery and memory info on the BlackBerry 's home screen?
    03-29-13 03:44 AM
    I suggest that the developer incorporate holster settings like turning off the wifi and bluetooth when device is in the holster, that would be nice.
    03-29-13 07:40 AM
    I suggest that the developer incorporate holster settings like turning off the wifi and bluetooth when device is in the holster, that would be nice.
    Will do that and more when headless apps are supported by BB10.
    03-30-13 08:40 AM
    A problems shows up when you wipe Z10 and restore it's data and app from BB Link. After this, ShortcutMe can't create BB Home Screen shortcuts (even that it says that the icon is created).

Solution:
    Apparently when you restore ShortcutMe (and at least one other app I tried) something is not restored correctly and the app can't create BB Home Screen shortcut (It could be more problems too).

You need to store your settings and write down your license key (both from ShortcutMe's Settings page), delete ShortcutMe and reload it from BB World.
    03-30-13 09:36 AM
    AK.B,
    Do you use an app for the battery and memory info on the BlackBerry 's home screen?
    Its an app called Wallpaper Changer HD...apologies for the delay
    03-30-13 11:29 AM
    I can't reproduce this.
    Please check and see if SCM is allowed Shared Files Permission in BB Settings>Security and Privacy>Application Permission.

Anyone else experiencing the same problem?
    Problem Solved...permissions *Facepalm*
    03-30-13 11:31 AM
222 1234 ...