We just bought a shoretel phone system for work and was advised that a bb10 app wont be ready until the second half of 2014. Good that they are supporting it although the second half of 2014 is a long time away....
    08-26-13 11:21 AM
    Had never heard of them, getting into a lil VOIP at work. Those phones look cool, we are going with a touch screen Avaya setup, really cool phones, but not as cool looking as those.
    08-26-13 03:14 PM
    Are you aware of any work arounds for this? We have the same problem and the second half of 2014 is a LONG way off. I suspect they are waiting to see how BB market-share develops before they invest in the app.

I might have to switch to Iphone over this issue....very discouraging. Would be great if there was a work around. Let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks!
    09-18-13 02:46 PM
    Are you aware of any work arounds for this? We have the same problem and the second half of 2014 is a LONG way off. I suspect they are waiting to see how BB market-share develops before they invest in the app.

I might have to switch to Iphone over this issue....very discouraging. Would be great if there was a work around. Let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks!
    What functionality do you need?

Our VOIP phones will tie into EAS, so address book and what not would all be handled thru EAS servers. Our phones also have the ability to spoof any cell phone as the desk phone (at least that's what I've been told, I haven't personally got to mess with that feature just seen it displayed). But cell can receive calls and can call out from cell but the phone will spoof the desk phone number. I can't think of any missing features unless you are looking for some kind of BBM support. Our VOIP will have instant messaging capability via the desktop.

Sorry, that's all I got for ya. (and sorry if I'm way off base on your needs, just ran through my head everything I could think of from my last meeting)
    09-18-13 03:08 PM
    I was able to sideload the shoretel app and get it to open. I can put in my provisioning information and then I hit next to get everything going and then it crashes/closes the app.

so close...
    09-18-13 03:46 PM
    Same here. Provisioning crashes when it starts on my Z10. Its almost like it relies on another android app to run. Any ideas? This is a must have for my job and i will be forced to go with Android or Apple if I cannot get this to function. How can i troubleshoot this?
    09-22-13 04:09 PM
    I was told late 2014 it would come out but who knows anymore with the recent news.

There's error logs I believe but it won't work because it's dependent in android functions that aren't supported. I tried running the apk file through BlackBerry's android compatability website and it said it wouldn't work because of certain libraries.
    09-22-13 05:19 PM
    I was told late 2014 it would come out but who knows anymore with the recent news.

There's error logs I believe but it won't work because it's dependent in android functions that aren't supported. I tried running the apk file through BlackBerry's android compatability website and it said it wouldn't work because of certain libraries.
    Probably hooks into phone/sms/email/contacts
    09-23-13 01:52 PM
    the ios version requests access to contacts and calendar. I think the real big problem is bluetooth where it uses that as well.
    09-23-13 03:12 PM
    Your application is not compatible with the BlackBerry® Runtime for Android™ Apps.
    Impact Reason
    2 (AndroidManifest.xml) uses-feature: android.hardware.bluetooth
    4 (AndroidManifest.xml) uses-permission: DISABLE_KEYGUARD
    4 (AndroidManifest.xml) uses-permission: MODIFY_PHONE_STATE
    5 (AndroidManifest.xml) native-code: armeabi
    09-23-13 03:14 PM
    Has anyone heard any news on this? I read elsewhere that they had no plans for BB10.

Thanks

V
    06-18-14 05:36 PM
    Interesting. We run the ShoreTel VoIP system at my job also.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 05:40 PM
    Just Loaded 10.3.0.1052 and Google Play Services via Snap and the Shoretel Mobility client is working! Just FYI. I have been waiting a while for this!
    08-21-14 09:46 PM