I just read that Shopify is a Ottawa-based company that has launched a credit card reader and uses Android and iOS apps. But disappointingly it has no BlackBerry apps for BlackBerry users who many are naturally are also business folks. Would be a great opportunity for Shopify and BlackBerry to take advantage of an opportunity to expand to more business clients and make the BlackBerry brand more receptive to all.

Shopify launches mobile card reader for Canadian retailers | MobileSyrup.com

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 01:27 PM
    I agree. They want enterprise focus - this would target small businesses

but if it is for the consumers - Blackberry does not have the user base for them to deploy to current Blackberry users
    04-05-14 01:31 PM
    It's about market share. Being Canadian has nothing to do with making money in the appmosphere.

In time companies may create apps for BB10, but until BlackBerry starts recovering from being decimated, don't bank on being included with the two leading OSes.

RBC just released a message indicating that their customers can use iOS and Android devices to make payments at point of sale. BlackBerry availability will follow. You have to go where the money is.

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F
    04-05-14 01:44 PM
    I agree with the statement that you go where the money flows, but that exactly fits the Blackberry identity. Business is conducted on Blackberries, and more so in the corporate world. So why not consider Blackberry on par with iOS and Android?
    05-28-14 01:02 AM