So as we all very well know at this point, a number of applications have disappeared from the BlackBerry World. They removed the payment system on April 01, 2018.

You can't copy BAR files off BlackBerry 10 devices and paste them into another OS 10 device. I then decided to see if I could drag some applications from my BlackBerry Q10 and pull them into my BlackBerry Q30 via BB10 / PlayBook App manager. Did that work? Certainly not!

Ok, so I decided to backup the Q10's applications via BlackBerry Link. The much more reasonable and logical thing to do, right? Well yes, but I kept getting error after error, so I stopped making attempts with it. I did try restarting the Q10, but that didn't do diddly squat!

It's really quite a shame that they just had to pull of the apps like that, without any other way of obtaining them. And before you say something like, "Didn't you OS 10 guys get enough warnings about that earlier in the year? Why didn't you do something then?" Yes, but some of us got devices after that date, so we couldn't get things in time.

All I can say is that I just hope BARs will become easier to obtain, and that someone will come up with something to retrieve BARs that disappeared. Will I get my hopes up high? No, but I can still say something about it.
    12-23-18 05:44 PM
    All I can say is that I just hope BARs will become easier to obtain, and that someone will come up with something to retrieve BARs that disappeared. Will I get my hopes up high? No, but I can still say something about it.
    The funny thing is... Once upon a time .BAR files could easily be downloaded and backed up using a browser, until people realized that and started 'abusing' the system, and actually demanded better security, so BlackBerry locked them off behind better url obfuscation.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...bworld-980486/

In hindsight, some BlackBerry users demanded a hole plugged that they would eventually need/want to exploit.
    12-24-18 02:10 AM
    Truth shall always set you free.....
    12-24-18 06:56 AM