I just wanted to share a new app I've found,

Shared ActiveFrame App 'UpFront'-img_20140528_063334.png

UpFront - Roger Leblanc

What it is: I haven't seen anything like it before. But developers can build an application with or without a user interface... and they can share this active tile. It's a cool idea that should be in the OS.

What does it do: What I love is this. It simplifies the number of active tiles you have. As the number of headless apps increases, this has the potential to let you check up on them without launching X amount of active tiles and gives you a pretty active tile. As a developer, it certainly has a fair amount of potential. I plan on working this into my apps - its a great idea.

Check out UpFront in BlackBerry World! You can find it at UpFront - BlackBerry World

Just wanted to share!

Posted via CB from my LE
    sushistew likes this.
    05-28-14 07:42 AM
    Looks interesting, will give it a try.
    05-28-14 08:24 AM
    So, Headless Apps, have to be designed or REdesigned to take advantage of this app? It won't just meld any existing headless app into its active frame??
    05-28-14 09:41 AM
    So, Headless Apps, have to be designed or REdesigned to take advantage of this app? It won't just meld any existing headless app into its active frame??
    Exactly, there's an easy API for developers who would like their apps to support UpFront, it's in the "Help" page of the app.
    05-28-14 11:21 AM
    Hopefully one day BlackBerry will open up the API's a little bit better for headless For now - it has a connector. And it looks pretty straight forward for someone to add support for it if they want. It won't be a perfect match for all headless driven applications. But I have a few that will make a nice match.
    05-28-14 12:21 PM
    Also, the fluffy teddy bear in the picture with a thor-hammer is named Tomacco.
    05-28-14 12:22 PM